Antonio Conte (93 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What if he's a perfectionist (a lot of people said that) and couldn't see us winning after these years. And just couldn't handle loosing (he himself said that, that it will be extremely hard to go back to winning with the current group because of motivation). Well that would be all on Conte then, specially when he himself signed a one year deal just month ago. Maybe he loves Juve, but loves himself and his rep even more?

I'm not blaming him now, and wouldn't want to in the future, but leaving like this is certainly a lot on him and he left us in a bad situation.
indeed.

I would really love to know what really happened. Was it anxiety/derpession or whatever else on the Conte part or was it some major disagreement from both sides, or it was the management who thought about this stupid move.

This whole sudden thing is very strange. It's ether something emotional and sudden from Conte or something cynical from the board. Strange strange situation.
Definitely...because if he was wasted, he should have resigned at the end of season.

Now that the shock has wore away and Allegri has officially become our new manager, I just want to thank Conte for everything he has done over the previous 3 years. He made us win again and made us start believing again. Like Marotta said, its time to open up a new winning chapter. Conte laid us a successful foundation, now its time to build on top of that.

Thank you Conte.
Definitely. No one can take from him what he won with us.
Its just that his behaviour and this decition, leave a lot to be desired.

Buy on AliExpress.com

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Is it possible that Iturbe is the reason he quit?

It seems like as soon as that deal slipped away from us he quit. And it slipped away because we didn't want to pay 30M.

Maybe we promised Sanchez, then went to Iturbe, and then when we couldn't get him, he got fed up. I'd like to think that's the reason and not the selling of Vidal.

Oct 26, 2009

It seems like as soon as that deal slipped away from us he quit. And it slipped away because we didn't want to pay 30M.

Maybe we promised Sanchez, then went to Iturbe, and then when we couldn't get him, he got fed up. I'd like to think that's the reason and not the selling of Vidal.
i thought we stopped the deal after Conte called it quits

Oct 26, 2009
Well the manner in which Roma immediately took him seems to me like maybe we stopped it before Conte quit.
yeah, its possible....but, i thought Marrota on his press conference said that Iturbe deal has stopped once we parted ways with Antonio...damn, last night we had our coach and closing on a promising winger and today BAM Allegri...what a day

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007

I thought that yesterday, especially if Roma came in and Juve wouldn't match their offer. Might not have been the deciding reason, but something to push the relationship over the edge.

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I thought that yesterday, especially if Roma came in and Juve wouldn't match their offer. Might not have been the deciding reason, but something to push the relationship over the edge.
Especially when you consider just a few days ago Conte openly said how happy he was with the transfers.

JUVEMAN1211

Jun 22, 2011
I know everyone is still trying to get over this news about Conte leaving, and I too am extremely sad about it, half mad/half sad, but could Conte come back in the future? I mean, we might have different management in the future.... But regardless, say things do change for the better, Conte could come back right?

MikeM

Sep 21, 2008
I know everyone is still trying to get over this news about Conte leaving, and I too am extremely sad about it, half mad/half sad, but could Conte come back in the future? I mean, we might have different management in the future.... But regardless, say things do change for the better, Conte could come back right?
No thanks.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003

My money on what happened is still on the board wanting to take $$$ for a Vidal offer they felt they couldn't refuse, and Conte responding as if he had no control over his team. With Conte gone and a new coach coming in, any rumored Vidal deal is now off the table. :pado:

But what do I know? It's all rumors anyway.

Oct 26, 2009
My money on what happened is still on the board wanting to take $$$ for a Vidal offer they felt they couldn't refuse, and Conte responding as if he had no control over his team. With Conte gone and a new coach coming in, any rumored Vidal deal is now off the table. :pado:

But what do I know? It's all rumors anyway.
this is the most sensible reason.... I don't think Iturbe's deal failing would push him to leave...but then again the alternatives might be so bad...

enzo

May 14, 2012
If he continues to work as a coach, he definitely can and maybe will come back. Eventually when Alex has taken over the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 86)