Antonio Conte (156 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I'm more inclined to believe that he's leaving over a failure to bring in players that he wants. That we would fail to get Sanchez or whoever else, move for Iturbe as our last choice and then lose him to Roma. Iturbe would have been a guaranteed starter here and he still goes to Roma? That is fucking ridiculous.
I think it's a sale. That does far more damage to a coach's plans and expectations versus the opportunity costs of not signing hypotheticals.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think it's a sale. That does far more damage to a coach's plans and expectations versus the opportunity costs of not signing hypotheticals.
Dude, can you remember the last time a coach quit because of the sale of one player?

Do you realize how silly that sounds?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I think its coming increasingly likely that Juventus missed out on Iturbe because they refused to pay 30M for him, and Roma came in and snatched him up.

Conte rage quited and now we're fucked.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I think its coming increasingly likely that Juventus missed out on Iturbe because they refused to pay 30M for him, and Roma came in and snatched him up.

Conte rage quited and now we're fucked.
Well now if this is true, then it leaves a lot of people in a difficult spot now doesn't it. Those who were furious at Juve spending that kind of money on an unproven player will now be even more furious that they DIDN'T because it could have cost them our coach.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Dude, can you remember the last time a coach quit because of the sale of one player?

Do you realize how silly that sounds?
Compared to not signing a player??

I think it makes far more sense. Coaches are only looking to sell their discards, not their quality players. If the board opted for a deal they felt they couldn't refuse above Conte's wishes, Conte would not only respond quickly in dramatic fashion (something that would only stew longer in a no-boy situation), but he would question his own autonomy to operate the competitive team he saw fit.

It might sound silly, but not as silly as not signing players.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Iturbe arrived in Roma today before Antonio quit, no?
Marotta can't even sign the no names.

Having a look at his market performance over the last few seasons, which have mostly been failures in signing good players and showing zero ability to actually sell a player. it's enough for anyone to make a sudden decision in a moment of madness like Conte has done.

I think Marotta's market impotence and lack of investment by the club has been getting in Conte's nerves for too long and he just couldn't handle it any longer. Missing out on Sanchez would have angered him deeply, but the last straw which pushed him to make his rash decision may have been their inability to sign even someone like Iturbe. It would have made him lose all faith in our management and Marotta to sign any quality, even unproven quality.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Marotta can't even sign the no names.

Having a look at his market performance over the last few seasons, which have mostly been failures in signing good players and showing zero ability to actually sell a player. it's enough for anyone to make a sudden decision in a moment of madness like Conte has done.

I think Marotta's market impotence and lack of investment by the club has been getting in Conte's nerves for too long and he just couldn't handle it any longer. Missing out on Sanchez would have angered him deeply, but the last straw which pushed him to make his rash decision may have been their inability to sign even someone like Iturbe. It would have made him lose all faith in our management and Marotta to sign any quality, even unproven quality.
Let me get this straight.

Barzagli
Asamoah
Pirlo
Pogba
Vidal
Lichsteiner
Tevez
Llorente

are suddenly not good players now?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)