Antonio Conte (210 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Iturbe and especially Coman are great talents. Evra is an option if we want to go back4. We couldnt afford starters, so we didnt bought them.

Conte can win a trebble else where ? thanks for confirming my point that he chose personal achievement over a legacy.
But please tell me where exactly ?

Chelsea got Mourinho
Madrid got Ancelotti
Bayern got Guardiola
Barcelona got Luiz enrique
Man Utd got Van Gaal
PSG got Blanc
Man city got Pelegrini

Please tell me what side conte can sign for, that is better then juve currently ?
Not a lot of vacancies at clubs qualified for realistic CL spots these days...

Buy on AliExpress.com

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Conte wanted a new team, a revolution of players. He had said that this group has done all it could, they won 3 scudetti but were not close to being a CL contender. So he wanted a new team, a new challenge and a youth revolution. He obviously didn't get it and Juve weren't really doing much on the market this summer. What did they get? Evra? an older player that's it. The other targets were not players that could make a real difference. I think Conte has had issues with Agnelli and his appreach to the market from day 1 and whatever they told him today was the final straw. I think they will get Allegri for next year and see what opens up for next summer. As for Conte, I say PSG or the Azzurri are his next bench to lead... I hope its the Azzurri so he could put that disaster back on track like he did with Juventus! Thank you for all the memories, it won't be the same this season without him going nuts on the sideline!

Oggy

and the Cockroaches
Dec 27, 2005
If we couldn't strengthen any further, what was left was there for Conte to try to achieve?
So basically we should dismantle the team?

I agree that the blame should go both ways, but as much as I admire Conte, I never liked his attitude. Every fuckin season he was on the verge of leaving and making demands. We should invest into a club and bring new players, but also let's be real and face the truth, we don't have money. It's not like we just earned 100m and decided not to buy anyone. Look at the other clubs in Italy, everyone is selling their best players to bring the new ones. We really don't have money and power to keep our best players, there are only few clubs in europe that can do that, and those clubs are usually owned by sheiks.

Conte did the worst possible move he could, he really harmed us, and no matter how much people try to defend him, there is no excuse for this action.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
He didn't get what he wanted so he leaves during preseason when transfer negotiations are ongoing and the team is back to work?

Wtf is that? He just dumped us in a huge mess. Poor Conte, he probably still would have won a Scudetto this season and make millions of euros. What a hard year he would have to endure....

What Conte did was classless. Finish something you've started, leave when it's over.
At the very least, is very untimed.

But no, we're selling everyone :lol:

This is a meltdown, a total disaster :lol: :lol:

The emotionality of some people, Jesus.

And if I think to the statements Conte has said lately to the team and board, I'm glad he's out. He was so important for us, but a club like us can't afford someone that throws $#@! on his own club. We couldn't and didn't even have to kick him off, he did it by himself. Even if he was so important, and will be difficult to find a replacement.
:tup:

On a serious note, I can't believe how childish this was from Conte.

There is just no way that the same people who struggled to keep him two months ago now wanted him out. No matter the stupidity Marotta planned to do in this mercato, it was unprofessional for Conte to just leave like this. Even if they promised him things 2 months ago and now did the opposite, he should have stayed for the rest of the season or until half season.
Exactly. Like i said before.. If he had a problem with AA or Beppe's plan in their meeting after the end of the season, he should have resigned right away. He had doubts in his mind at the en of the season, TOO MANY DOUBTS.

I feel this as irresponsible.

I'd rather have Carrera. Allegri is a cancer that will eat your club from within while being a spineless yes-man to the board. Even if Carrera could fit that definition, he'd at least be a cheaper option for the same results.

What happened in the space of a week?
Again, irresponsible. He wasnt sure since who knows when.

Now....What abou t Zidane after all?.

It would be too much improvisation oe what?

DIECI

Jul 12, 2011
Iturbe and especially Coman are great talents. Evra is an option if we want to go back4. We couldnt afford starters, so we didnt bought them.

Conte can win a trebble else where ? thanks for confirming my point that he chose personal achievement over a legacy.
But please tell me where exactly ?

Chelsea got Mourinho
Madrid got Ancelotti
Bayern got Guardiola
Barcelona got Luiz enrique
Man Utd got Van Gaal
PSG got Blanc
Man city got Pelegrini

Please tell me what side conte can sign for, that is better then juve currently ?

I bet the FIGC do everything to make him the next CT of the NT.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Now all our transfers are shut down. :howler:

Conte really fucked us good. I hope he has a good reason but somehow I doubt it.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
There's always been a difference in approach between Conte and Unibrow, it was bound to boil over eventually.

Things like the last minute purchases of useless strikers that'd play 5 minutes all season would have been major sticking points throughout previous seasons.

Unibrow seems like one proud and stubborn son of a biatch but so does Conte.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
That's from Football Italia.

I doubt that's true either. Why negotiate a three year contract now if you signed a one year contract a couple of months ago?
I dont think he signed a new contract few months ago. That is his old one from previous season.

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
I wanna puke.

It's nothing short of betrayal. Juventus isn't an oil money club, Conte knows their financial limitations. If we could sign the Di Maria's and the Sanchez's we would.

We stood by Conte when his reputation was battered by the Bari scandal but he didn't have the decency to stand by us and leave at a time that wouldn't plunge this club into a mess.

:inter:

Gerd

Dec 25, 2011
I don't know. It questions how fickle someone's commitment is if they make a deal about staying after a debate, and then flip-flopping 6 weeks later. It's very wishy-washy and spells doubts on a coach no matter what team they planned to go to net.

Professionalism may mean knowing when to walk away with your head held high. But not revisiting that every few weeks.
:agree: Totally agree

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 204)