Antonio Conte (109 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
why childish, if his heart isnt in it anymore after being lied to and basically put in a situation where hed be forced to go along, why do it
In that case, why would the players stay? Pirlo signed a new contract, most probably with expectations to challenge in CL and win serie A again. If we sell Vidal, should all of Pirlo, Buffon, Pogba and Tevez ask for a transfer?
It's selfish to leave the team in the middle of July, after signing a contract few months earlier, and even more, without a warning. He puts the team in an awful position.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Mourinho went to real madrid, and didnt got the defensive investments he wanted
Should he has left aswel ?
No, because coaches know this can happen. The market is allways changing, and not allways the way you want it to.

Conte got a great team last year, and was unlucky in europe.

He should have tried again, and show it was bad luck, not a lack of skill. Thats what a professional would do (imo)
If we couldn't strengthen any further, what was left was there for Conte to try to achieve?

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
In that case, why would the players stay? Pirlo signed a new contract, most probably with expectations to challenge in CL and win serie A again. If we sell Vidal, should all of Pirlo, Buffon, Pogba and Tevez ask for a transfer?
It's selfish to leave the team in the middle of July, after signing a contract few months earlier, and even more, without a warning. He puts the team in an awful position.
IMO, it's also cowardly.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Mourinho went to real madrid, and didnt got the defensive investments he wanted
Should he has left aswel ?
No, because coaches know this can happen. The market is allways changing, and not allways the way you want it to.

Conte got a great team last year, and was unlucky in europe.

He should have tried again, and show it was bad luck, not a lack of skill. Thats what a professional would do (imo)
i dont think you understood what i emant, theres a difference between trying and failing and straight up lying, i feel conte was lied to and in which case he has every right to step away from it especially if this was planned from the get go to force his hand so deep in preseason.

Like i said unless new evidence pops up, i will side 100% with conte and lay blame squarely on agnelli.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
If we couldn't strengthen any further, what was left was there for Conte to try to achieve?
Same can be said when Fergusson won the trebble with man united in 1999.
But he stayed, and decided to build a legacy. Conte left, and decided to put personal achievements before legacy.
He should have stayed, started a new cycle, and make it better then the current one.

Sadly Conte isnt a legend like Fergusson.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
naive? you;re the one who buying the narrative that conte is at fault here, if vidal is indeed sold then where does that leave you and your it happens every summer?
Of course Conte is at fault here no point in denying that. Marotta and Agnelli are too but they're not the only ones to blame. They can't just print money to buy Conte players he wants can they?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Same can be said when Fergusson won the trebble with man united in 1999.
But he stayed, and decided to build a legacy. Conte left, and decided to put personal achievements before legacy.
He should have stayed, started a new cycle, and make it better then the current one.

Sadly Conte isnt a legend like Fergusson.
He can't win trebles with Iturbes and Evras, but he can go somewhere else and do it.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
i dont think you understood what i emant, theres a difference between trying and failing and straight up lying, i feel conte was lied to and in which case he has every right to step away from it especially if this was planned from the get go to force his hand so deep in preseason.

Like i said unless new evidence pops up, i will side 100% with conte and lay blame squarely on agnelli.
This is what I'd like to know. I have a feeling Conte was made guarantees two months ago and the board has now reneged... It's, at the very least, a good possibility.

If this were the case, I'd be terribly disappointed. A shocking display of poor management.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
"Hello guys, my name is Zidane. I once played at juventus, then i decided that Madrid was a bigger team that i love more."

No, not zidane please.

I support putting a part of the blame at agnelli, but we need more evidence to see how much. But Conte disappointed me gravely today. I'm still messed up by it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 109)