Antonio Conte (230 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
I got this off Milan forums(lol) :

According to multiple sources, including La Stampa and La Gazzetta dello Sport, Conte failed to reach an agreement over a three-year contract renewal today.

He did not share their view of strategy for transfers and expected objectives for the next few seasons.

It is reported the contract, which runs until June 2015, will be terminated by mutual consent

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Like a pussy you mean?
I don't know. It questions how fickle someone's commitment is if they make a deal about staying after a debate, and then flip-flopping 6 weeks later. It's very wishy-washy and spells doubts on a coach no matter what team they planned to go to net.

Professionalism may mean knowing when to walk away with your head held high. But not revisiting that every few weeks.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
In that case, why would the players stay? Pirlo signed a new contract, most probably with expectations to challenge in CL and win serie A again. If we sell Vidal, should all of Pirlo, Buffon, Pogba and Tevez ask for a transfer?
It's selfish to leave the team in the middle of July, after signing a contract few months earlier, and even more, without a warning. He puts the team in an awful position.
first and foremost the players are not the coach, they neither have the say he has in terms of recruitment nor are they concerned as much as he is with where the team is heading.

Secondly, if anybody is lied to then they have every right to act in their own interest unilaterally since trust has been broken.

Thirdly, conte is a no nonsense man, he gives all his heart in everything he does and wouldnt want to have it any other way, just look at some fo the people here who said theyd stop following juve if we sold vidal, do you think they are fake fans? no just like conte, they are passionate fans who know or have an idea of whats best for juve. The problem here the clash of conte's passion and the board's cold chess like maneuvers

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
True. I'd put that failure on him. Still, I don't think after 3 years of winning Serie A, he'd be content with a team built to make it to the CL round of 16
Who cares what would he be content with? He's had a team that could go to quarter finals and he didn't proceed from group of death with the likes of Gala and Copenhagen in it.

The more news come out (GDM and Buffon said he left for personal reasons - 'lack of motivation') the more I'm mad at Conte. If he left in May it'd be all good.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He can't win trebles with Iturbes and Evras, but he can go somewhere else and do it.
Iturbe and especially Coman are great talents. Evra is an option if we want to go back4. We couldnt afford starters, so we didnt bought them.

Conte can win a trebble else where ? thanks for confirming my point that he chose personal achievement over a legacy.
But please tell me where exactly ?

Chelsea got Mourinho
Madrid got Ancelotti
Bayern got Guardiola
Barcelona got Luiz enrique
Man Utd got Van Gaal
PSG got Blanc
Man city got Pelegrini

Please tell me what side conte can sign for, that is better then juve currently ?

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Wow,

I was looking for April 1st when I read the headline but quickly realised it was July.

I can only imagine he realised they're negotiating Vidal's or Pogba's sales, or even worse both, which was probably against guarantees they made for his extension, so he had no choice but to resign.

I fear that both of these players will almost certainly leave the club now...

There will almost certainly be a decimation of our lineup and we'll bring in overpriced rejects like Marota and Itunes.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Who cares what would he be content with? He's had a team that could go to quarter finals and he didn't proceed from group of death with the likes of Gala and Copenhagen in it.

The more news come out (GDM and Buffon said he left for personal reasons - 'lack of motivation') the more I'm mad at Conte. If he left in May it'd be all good.
Iturbe and especially Coman are great talents. Evra is an option if we want to go back4. We couldnt afford starters, so we didnt bought them.

Conte can win a trebble else where ? thanks for confirming my point that he chose personal achievement over a legacy.
But please tell me where exactly ?

Chelsea got Mourinho
Madrid got Ancelotti
Bayern got Guardiola
Barcelona got Luiz enrique
Man Utd got Van Gaal
PSG got Blanc
Man city got Pelegrini

Please tell me what side conte can sign for, that is better then juve currently ?
Meh, sorry guys, not feeling to argue. I just wanna punch living things right now.

Van Helsing

Oct 2, 2007

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 221)