Antonio Conte (25 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
Just saying heard an interview with Andrea and he said his number one priority is to sign Conte before any players and he is pushing to have it resolved by Sunday. I tend to agree not only because I want Conte to stay but because i do not see Conte leaving, his legendary Juventus run is nowhere near over, so many things to do and win. Media is speculating 100% because they need to push a narrative

Orgut

Dec 31, 2002
Just offer him what he wants! A GOOD PROJECT that will also make us competitive in Europe!
To be able to win Serie A is nice but it should also be a standard at clubs such as Milan Inter and especially Juve!
Its time Italy returns to being competitive in Europe as well
The last time we were dominant was when we have done something drastic! We sold the best player in the world and used the money in order to improve our team!
I believe the only way doing it again without making the books unbalanced is the sale of Pogba which will make us get a replacement at his level and also buy another great player

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
We have a limited transfer budget. With the players we have, we can field a very strong core for 442/4231 apart from wingers, and arguably, leftback.

We need to be extremely realistic about this. If we sign Nani for a bargain, we could use the remaining budget+sales for the opposite winger, however, lets take a look at our bench if we do that
We lack replacement wingers and we have no strikers other then giovinco. You guys KNOW that rotation is important, but what the $#@! are we gonna rotate with ??

These antique players wont bring us to the next level, but they allow for serie a rotation, come free and cost only wages.
And in the end we don't rotate AT ALL even in Serie A because those antique players aren't good enough in Conte's eyes. My point is we definitely spend too much money on bench players. Ogbonna 15m Isla's half for 9.5m, Padoin 5m, Peluso 5m and those are rarely used because they don't convince Conte.

Caceres cost 9m and he's superb as for a bench player and you can see Conte is not afraid of putting him onto the pitch.

I'd rather to get Sanchez + Gabbiadini/Berardi for the bench than let's say Nani + Cerci. Yes it'd create a bigger gap in the squad than the other solution but quality wise it's a much better solution and we need quality right now.

We can't just exchange bench players every mercato because they're not good enough.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Just saying heard an interview with Andrea and he said his number one priority is to sign Conte before any players and he is pushing to have it resolved by Sunday. I tend to agree not only because I want Conte to stay but because i do not see Conte leaving, his legendary Juventus run is nowhere near over, so many things to do and win. Media is speculating 100% because they need to push a narrative
He's been criticized for European failure. 3-5-2 is the best possible formation given the current players at his disposal, but it doesn't work in europe. If we're to succeed in Europe we need to play a new formation and for that we need new players. Generally a top class winger/striker is way more expensive then a top class midfielder or defender. So when we're changing to 433 we are facing big expenses. If we're to keep the level in all positions as high as of right now, the players coming in wont be cheap. Conte wants assurances from the board, that they are as ambitions as he and we are. If you're ambitions and want to win the CL you need to go out and reinforce year by year. Conte wants new players, or he will not be able to continue this great development Juventus has done over the last three years.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
All probable if not possible but in the end like I heard they are saying its 60-70% Conte is staying right now. Conte also has to realize the state of football in Italy and the money that Juventus has for a market. He needs patience and smart transfers. In the end him leaving neither guarantees him success nor football immortality. Him staying will bring him both

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
And in the end we don't rotate AT ALL even in Serie A because those antique players aren't good enough in Conte's eyes. My point is we definitely spend too much money on bench players. Ogbonna 15m Isla's half for 9.5m, Padoin 5m, Peluso 5m and those are rarely used because they don't convince Conte.

Caceres cost 9m and he's superb as for a bench player and you can see Conte is not afraid of putting him onto the pitch.

I'd rather to get Sanchez + Gabbiadini/Berardi for the bench than let's say Nani + Cerci. Yes it'd create a bigger gap in the squad than the other solution but quality wise it's a much better solution and we need quality right now.

We can't just exchange bench players every mercato because they're not good enough.
Thing is, when injuries happen, you'll love to have those bench players lying about

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)