Antonio Conte (158 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I'm absolutely sure his last pick formation for Europe would be 3-5-2
If this was the case, he would have changed it long time ago, even when not having the players to play other formations.

Dude, he loves it.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
If this was the case, he would have changed it long time ago, even when not having the players to play other formations.

Dude, he loves it.
He said himself that he will pick the formation that suits his team the most which is 352. if he had a proper leftback and a winger he would have chosen another formation.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Wow, how interesting (and cut out to make a bad impression) stats.

I've got some other stats:

-Went unbeaten in their first Champions League, 2012/13, until QF, with 5W, 3D, 17 goals scored and just 3 conceded, and against Bayern conceded less than Barca, despite having a team with no experience and people like Vucinic and Giovinco upfront.

-Has beaten the current champions Chelsea 3-0 in the decisive match in the group stage, and the scoreline could be even bigger.

-Was the team who had MOST SHOTS in this CL, more than overhyped teams like Madrid, Barça, PSG and so on, although being in a not very easy group

-Set a record for most shots in a game against Galatasaray in Turin (a match where, according to some people, we suffered... LOL), 27, and the second record, 26, in Copenaghen

-Owned Real Madrid in Turin being unlucky to draw 2-2. Set a new record of shots against Madrid, 24, more than what Borussia did them in the 4-1 win last year.

-In Madrid, altough playing with one man less for an unfair red card and despite of conceding an unfair penalty, managed to handle the match in Bernabeu, having 50% of ball possession and 13 shots vs 13.

-Had compliments from Ronaldo because of how we played well, and I think we are the first team ever to do so.

-Didn't get influenced by mere results and seeing how we played, stayed loyal to his ideas, altough the fact of NOT being the first top team to get knocked out on group stages in these years, and playing better to those other teams.

-It's still on his way to win Europa League in his second season ever in Europe.

Not bad for a donk who's never shown his worth.

Ah, in those stats there's a mistake: Conte didn't "just" win leagues, he's also won 2 Supercups, and in these 3 years in Coppa Italia he's always suffered a decisive bad refereeing (like if in cup matches we're playing a different sport :lol:).
Sounds like you believe shots are successful even if you don't convert many of them - we probably have the lowest shot-goal conversion ratio in Europe.

Stop shooting yourself in the foot.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
It's impressive how he has managed to win these drag matches and also how he has managed this squad with the amount of games we are playing. Typically brilliant job from Conte.

With the league title wrapped i think he should focus less on getting those record points and more on next year's line up. Freezing out Vucinic and Quag and giving Osvaldo more playing time than Giovinco suggests Conte really wants to retain Osvaldo for next year. That's 4 strikers confirmed for next year and none of them really inspires confidence when it comes to out CL campaign. I hope he is planning on adding a WC striker, one who can bench Tevez or Llorente.

Also not playing Giovinco for Osvaldo drops his market price in case we want to sell him and if Osvaldo does good for us there is no way his team are going to let him come to us at a lower price.

Anyways awesome job in the league as usual for the boss, let's just hope he learns fast.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
WΏΏdy?;4486691 said:
It's impressive how he has managed to win these drag matches and also how he has managed this squad with the amount of games we are playing. Typically brilliant job from Conte.

With the league title wrapped i think he should focus less on getting those record points and more on next year's line up. Freezing out Vucinic and Quag and giving Osvaldo more playing time than Giovinco suggests Conte really wants to retain Osvaldo for next year. That's 4 strikers confirmed for next year and none of them really inspires confidence when it comes to out CL campaign. I hope he is planning on adding a WC striker, one who can bench Tevez or Llorente.

Also not playing Giovinco for Osvaldo drops his market price in case we want to sell him and if Osvaldo does good for us there is no way his team are going to let him come to us at a lower price.

Anyways awesome job in the league as usual for the boss, let's just hope he learns fast.
It doesn't really matter on the point tally. We already won this league. I really hope he focus on EL , its a great chance to win something in Europe.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
giving Osvaldo more playing time than Giovinco suggests Conte really wants to retain Osvaldo for next year
It will all depend on his final price. IM pretty sure our BOD are not morons...and we have other younger and cheaper options to burn cash instead of him.

Also , remember Borrielo?. Conte rated him a lot, more than Matri and Quags, and the dude got the shaft anyways

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 158)