Antonio Conte (149 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
and when khoze does the same thing at times, subbing defenders for forwards to protect their 1 goal lead (he regualarly did it during his inter days), everyone, including you the expert, wank themselves to death.

1-0 against a relatively dangerous fio rats, at this point in season, after a tiring international friendly week. shet can happen at any time.

at the end of the day, we are 14 points clear on top. there goes your ranieri comparison.
no one has a problem with subbing a defender for an attacker.

it is a problem when you have 7 defenders and 3 defensive mids. that's when you know there is issues

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
first of all this isn't the norm, you're making a big deal out of nothing . issues! yeah problem is its week 27, in between of a packed schedule and your key players are playing like shit but even with all that for 70 something minutes we have a goal lead, so instead of subbing a like for like attacker for 10,15 mins on top of a tired, misfiring mid and struggling defence, Conte decided to bring in Isla. don't go raki on me with them numbers. a very important victory, another nail in roma's caffin.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
So basically we need 8 wins and 2 draws out of these last 11 games to break the points record. I have a feeling if we go far in the EL we might struggle with it.

Genoa (A) W
Catania (A) W
Parma (H) W
Napoli (A) D
Livorno (H) W
Udinese (A) W
Bologna (H) W
Sassuolo (A) W
Atalanta (H) W
Roma (A) D
Cagliari (H) W

We don't have many games that tricky on paper, but we do still have our hardest two left. The biggest threat to the record is drawn games, but we've scored in 40 consecutive Serie A games now, and conceded 0.7 goals per game.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006
98 points or higher :lol: that would mean we should win every match left and we can draw only 2 of them... I can see us winning away at Roma, but Napoli will be a very very hard match to win..

Apr 8, 2013
Well, we have the possibility to lose 7 points and still make the record, in 11 matches, and in 27 till now we've lost 9 points so far. And we have just 2 difficult matches, away to Roma and Napoli. Actuall our "projection" says if we go on with this rhythms we could end up with 101. It's not easy, but it's also not unlikely.

frzl

Apr 15, 2006
i can´t see us doing it (and tbh: i don´t really care).
remember last season? we threw away like 4(?) records in the last 3 matches by getting only 4 out of 9 possible points against atalanta, cagliari and sampdoria :D.
as long as roma isn´t coming much closer i think we should fully concentrate on the EL.
for example: i hope that we will play a full reserve team away to roma on match day 37 because a) we are already through by then and b) the EL final is 3 days later :)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I don't care about that points record set by merda... I'd rather have us win the scudetto and the EL.. even if that risks us losing a couple serie A matches..
This.

Let's go for the EL, we haven't won European trophy for the last 18 years. It's time. Scudetto is practically won, especially when I look at Roma's injury crisis of late. Couldn't care less for the meaningless record and certainly not at the expense of another trophy.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I couldn't care less about that record, hardly anybody would even be aware that we beat it, it means nothing compared to co-efficient points and a trophy. As soon as the league is ours, we should use the likes of Quag, Padoin etc in the league.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
What a change of attitude in here. A few months back most laughed at me when I said we should put 100% effort to win EL because Juve haven't won anything in Europe for ages. Trophy for losers etc :howler:

The league points record is meaningless. No point in putting effort in Serie A when the league is won. EL will require rested players at some point for sure.

In current situation EL is a must. It'll be a good training before next year's CL and could give the staff and players some confidence.Landing in the second pot is very important too.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Who gives a shit about points record, we can have the most EL wins in history record, overcome our rivals - Inter and Liverpool.

we will have a chance to break that fuckin pnts record but this is the only shot we have at EL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 141)