Antonio Conte (140 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Those quote reported are wrong, cause Conte said that those 2 scudetti were unfairly revoked (I listened to it live) and to Mediaset said that to revoke them was a bullshit. And I'm astonished that someone can think that Conte could have actually said something who can criticizes Juve's history, being probably the first fan before being the coach. And the sentences you said are even more wrong, but that's not really interesting.
I never commented on whether the revocation of titles was fair or unfair or whether Conte was implying the revocation was fair or unfair.

I merely commented on how well known the events - such as the revocation of titles or Conte's ban or Juve's alleged doping - are.

Apr 8, 2013
I never commented on whether the revocation of titles was fair or unfair or whether Conte was implying the revocation was fair or unfair.

I merely commented on how well known the events - such as the revocation of titles or Conte's ban or Juve's alleged doping - are.
So, what's the point of the phrase "Not sure about what Conte's point is"? Nevermind, however.

How well known those events are is, infact, known (even if it's not the among the first things who come to my mind when I think about Conte or Juve, also from an objective and not "fan-founded" point of view).

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
The point is that what a team is remembered for is not a fair way to look at things.

What a team is primarily remembered for is not necessarily what they ought to be remembered for.

Is it fair that the wider world probably know Conte better as the guy banned for match-fixing and not as the outstanding manager he is?

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
like i said it dont matter what context conte said those comments in...it was not very wise

chapello should have kept his mouth shut, so should have conte about this
There's a hint of truth in Capello's comments however.Conte shouldnt have reacted in the manner he did.It made him seem really butthurt.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
Capello's Juve was like watching paint dry on a wall. How he failed to even get a semi-final with that team i will just never understand it. He failed at Juve in Europe which is a pattern with almost all of our teams. For all our league dominance we have really not achieved the success we should have.

Real Madrid in 1998 was a shock as well, i never seen that match but the fact we were heavy favourites and lost to an offside goal really was unlucky. The simple fact is we have bottled it in Europe, i cant imagine how well off we would be if Calciopoli never fucked us in the ass. For some reason i think we would be in a very similar position like Bayern they are the main team in Germany very much like us and have all the player power.

We got relegated came back and dominated the league imagine what kind of position we would be in had we never been relegated? I really dont think Conte should have started a public feud with Capello. People will criticise u when u lose and we have failed in Europe this season so it is only natural.

Conte should have kept his mouth shut and took it on the chin instead it just brings negative feelings around the club and unwanted attention really when we have the league and EL to focus on.

When Conte wins a CL then he can criticise all he wants because Capello failed to do that with one of the strongest Juve teams i have ever seen. We are going backwards as a club in terms of our ambitions in Europe and it really is not a good sign.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Conte really shouldnt have reacted the way he did.He took a bit egoistically since it means ,diminishing his achievements here.But its a known fact that the quality of the league has dropped down.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Conte really shouldnt have reacted the way he did.He took a bit egoistically since it means ,diminishing his achievements here.But its a known fact that the quality of the league has dropped down.
Capello has been making sly digs at Juve and Contes Juve in particular over the past few years. It's about time someone said something to put him in his place.

I think the Giovinco booing situation had put Conte in a pissed off mood, and when these shit stirring journalists then asked him to respond to Capello's comments, he lost it. Good on him.

Also I don't think Conte ever played in a Capello-lead team, and probably doesn't have the same "fear" and "respect" for him that others might have.

I agree 100% with Conte though. Juve played absolutely disgraceful football under Capello and we were much worse in the CL considering the calibre of players at his disposal.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
Capello has been making sly digs at Juve and Contes Juve in particular over the past few years. It's about time someone said something to put him in his place.

I think the Giovinco booing situation had put Conte in a pissed off mood, and when these $#@! stirring journalists then asked him to respond to Capello's comments, he lost it. Good on him.

Also I don't think Conte ever played in a Capello-lead team, and probably doesn't have the same "fear" and "respect" for him that others might have.

I agree 100% with Conte though. Juve played absolutely disgraceful football under Capello and we were much worse in the CL considering the calibre of players at his disposal.
Capello is worried the squad will overhaul the 91 points he got. Everyone is saying that Juve team was much more better, but if we this season beat the 91 point set by Capello where would you rate the current team then ?

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Player for player, it's not a contest. The 2004-2006 is superior to this current version.

I much prefer Conte's Juve though. We play more entertaining, attacking and effective football. And we win almost as much as Capello's Juve anyway (in a weaker version of Serie A yes, but not as weak as many will claim)

Fact of the matter is, the stength of Serie A has NOTHING to do with Juve's failures in the CL. Why didn't Capello use that excuse in 2006 when his Juve were putting in shitty performances on a regular basis considering we had the best team in Europe?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)