Antonio Conte (337 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
What really disappoints in this loss is that we had a chance to test a new formation & approach against an opponent who dominated possession the last time we met. I was expecting Conte to go 4-3-1-2 on them.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It amazes me really. We speak with great intent about wanting the 10th coppa, but our actions dictate otherwise. The mentality is just so different when we are playing a league game. Conte should take the blame squarely on his shoulders for this elimination. It's not even the 352 tonight, it's just his approach, that can be seen filtered down into the teams attitude on the pitch.
The players aren't stupid, they know exactly what we and Conte know, so it's very difficult to generate the desire to go all out 100% like we would for our most important objective(s). It's impossible to recreate the mental stimulus. We could watch Al Capone's speech, or Rocky videos all day, but it's just not happening.

For us to win the Coppa we basically need to play with quality and hope the other team is also not completely focused. We could see Roma tonight wanted it more, but their club objectives are different to ours. As I said before the game, 2nd and a Coppa would be equivalent to us winning the scudetto.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It amazes me really. We speak with great intent about wanting the 10th coppa, but our actions dictate otherwise. The mentality is just so different when we are playing a league game. Conte should take the blame squarely on his shoulders for this elimination. It's not even the 352 tonight, it's just his approach, that can be seen filtered down into the teams attitude on the pitch.
The formation has never really been a problem (except against Bayern) it's the approach, the mentality that Conte instills in his players for these types of games. It's shameful.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
The players aren't stupid, they know exactly what we and Conte know, so it's very difficult to generate the desire to go all out 100% like we would for our most important objective(s). It's impossible to recreate the mental stimulus. We could watch Al Capone's speech, or Rocky videos all day, but it's just not happening.

For us to win the Coppa we basically need to play with quality and hope the other team is also not completely focused. We could see Roma tonight wanted it more, but their club objectives are different to ours. As I said before the game, 2nd and a Coppa would be equivalent to us winning the scudetto.
If nothing else, he should at least experiment with a few things and try a few ideas if this game is what we take it to be. A random experimental midweek fixture we much rather do without in our calendar schedule.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think Conte or the players believe that, and personally I think that's a good thing. 8 points really is not over, two bad results thinking we have made it and we'll be shitting ourselves, you have to keep your foot on the gas.
Yea 8 points really flatter to decieve. I'd feel a lot more secure if the lead was 11-12. More breathing room, and more importantly certainly makes the chasing pack feel finished psychologically when there'd is in double figures.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
The formation has never really been a problem (except against Bayern) it's the approach, the mentality that Conte instills in his players for these types of games. It's shameful.
You can't instill winning mentality on players like Isla, Peluso, Bonucci and Giovino... it's impossible. They do not have the skill or the fight in them to bring out. Problem is wrong personnel, not mentality.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm grateful for all he's done

But, if we put in similar performances in the EL. That will be 3 cups in 1 year where he's tactically failed us big time. Then, I think it's time we part ways. Consdiering we have not really progressed.

Sure, we have a few more points in the league each year, but apart from us and 1 or two other teams, the small Italian teams get picked apart whereas we at the bare minimum, have a more gelled squad

Domestic flat track bullying should not and should never be our only objective. That's what you expect from a half-way decent team in a 2nd rate Eastern European league.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So we actually have an 8 point lead in the league and are out of CL. We have a QF for the Coppa Italia coming up.

What do we do?

Do we rest players for a Serie A game before the QF while playing Samp at home? Or rest them in the QF against Roma, our 'main rivals' away?

With Conte, you already know the answer. He didn't even bother playing with full team in the Final 2 years ago FFS.

No matter the competition, you can't field such a terrible line up against the second best team in the league in a QF.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
he's gonna do the same shit in EL. watch
100%

- - - Updated - - -

Of course he is, because to our club it means shit compared to the league. People might not like it but should face up to it. Maybe if we didn't have Lazio away following this game and have Genoa at home we might have seen a stronger line up, but for me the mentality is obvious to see.
That doesn't make sense when you an 8 point lead in January FFS.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
In January, that is half way through the season...
We'll win the league by April. Roma needed a fuck up from one of our defenders to score against such a shitty line up today FFS. There's no competition. No one could even think about coming close to us in the league.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
You start with a strong lineup, and if the game goes well, rest one or two of your stars.

He's always playing catchup in cup comps.

What he's done now is give Roma extra impetus to chase us in the league. One slip up by us an they'll be straight on our tails.

Winning this match would've made Roma lose hope in the league as well. But Sir Conte thought it's better to go with a "beg for a loss" approach to this game.

PS: What a great decision it was to get rid of Vuc.

DUKAC

Feb 29, 2012
Can someone educate me why our genius played without 6 players?And why he is telling the fairy tales that we will win Europa League?We will be lucky if we win Scudetto.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Can someone educate me why our genius played without 6 players?And why he is telling the fairy tales that we will win Europa League?We will be lucky if we win Scudetto.
Like Alen said in the match thread, there is an agreement between Conte and the squad that the reserves get to play in the Coppa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 332)