Antonio Conte (359 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
The problem is clearly becoming mental. The team cant concentrate for 90 minutes anymore and it seems our reaction to conceding from blunders is one of collapse and frustration rather than motivation.

Once again we play a good match and then throw it away. Conte must become more punitive with the players that fall asleep. He is avoiding benching buffon because he doesnt want a casillas saga to start.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Either he's gonna kick enough ass that half the players land in hospital and the other half wins the scudetto, or he's leaving after this season.

I have no idea to what extent he is responsible for the absyminal performances the last few games, so I'm not going to commment on that, but if this trend continues, he'll be gone soon.

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
The reasonable solution to me seems to be that, Conte needs to bring some competition for the starting spots of his trusted players (Buffon, Bonucci, Chiello,...) give Storari, Ogbonna, Caceres, Peluso etc. more chances and let the starters sit on the bench for a while, so that they hopefully get back some of that fighting spirit and hunger to prove themselves again.
Cuz the complacency seems to be creeping into the minds of even our younger players like Pogba. At some point today in the 2nd half when we were 0-2 up, he tried to dribble 4 fio players, like toying with them and when he lost the ball it was like he doesn't really care, like their so inferior that it's not worth trying to get it back.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Perhaps the lack of ambition is what got to the older players. On one hand CL is perceived to be a very distant dream and on the other hand Serie A sides feel so easy to play against and being serie A champions isn't that special to them anymore.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
If Conte's main Usp is motivating his players, then I'm afraid, he's going to find it difficult to motivate a bunch who've won so much in the last two years. We need to bring in a few a couple of key additions to integrate new ideas, even to include switching systems, so it allows players to find new levels of concentration, to apply themselves, and maybe a fresh approach to their game. I can't still fault Conte here, because the individual errors show that this team is done as a unit. Some of the core maybe maxing out.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
If Conte's main Usp is motivating his players, then I'm afraid, he's going to find it difficult to motivate a bunch who've won so much in the last two years. We need to bring in a few a couple of key additions to integrate new ideas, even to include switching systems, so it allows players to find new levels of concentration, to apply themselves, and maybe a fresh approach to their game. I can't still fault Conte here, because the individual errors show that this team is done as a unit. Some of the core maybe maxing out.
Not to forget how much he insists on repeating how difficult this season is.

- - - Updated - - -

We let in four goals in September and so far eight goals in October. We still have three matches to play in October.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
the motta sub was his way to wave the white flag imo
The white flag on his Juve coaching career?

- - - Updated - - -

When I criticized our preseason some experts here were stating that those performances weren't real indicator of our abilities. Results weren't important but what could we all see even back then was practically the same approach to the game, lack of ideas, dull play and unfortunately we are seeing it all now.
Yeah, I was chastised for even suggesting that Juve should look to win any game they play, friendly or cup final.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
I'm so glad i'm not the only one who raised alarm bells in pre-season

But of course the usual 'we underperform in pre-season. We're not up to fitness' Bullshit was thrown at me

Oh, I thought our players were the same species as the other lot. How come every other big club can play in pre-season like they're an actual team but we could probably find a way to lose to any half-strong pub team.

Then... the Lazio games rolled in and I thought I was thankfully wrong. But nope, turns out in the space of one 'off-season' we regressed into a team of useless fucking idiots who press less than any team anywhere near the top of any league in fkn Europe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 355)