Antonio Conte (35 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
What other tactic would you use?

We really don't have the players for 4-3-3. Who would you use out wide? Gio and Mirko would be far too attacking and leave big gaps down the wings. Tevez says he wants to play central and would probably be wasted there. Padoin?

I am happy to give it a try but really do not think that it is the answer to all our problems like some people.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
we should look into signing another mid for starters.

our midfield is way too thin.

sign someone like hernanes or if possible mata and play them as a trequarista instead of a deep lying playmaker

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
What other tactic would you use?

We really don't have the players for 4-3-3. Who would you use out wide? Gio and Mirko would be far too attacking and leave big gaps down the wings. Tevez says he wants to play central and would probably be wasted there. Padoin?

I am happy to give it a try but really do not think that it is the answer to all our problems like some people.
I don't think a formation would necessarily provide a fix right now as the problem seems to lie with how stale we have become in our system of play which has become predictable.

I think we are being overly rigid with our play as we really have to grind out our chances, especially with the only 'flowing' part of our game, the wingbacks tend to be doubled up on more often than not these days. I think our midfield has suddenly become too static and in any event they seem to try to do one of two things.

a) Spread the ball out to the wings
b) take a shot from distance

Obviously neither of these are working, watching Vidal make that one two with Tevez and burst through on goal made me wonder why our mids aren't allowed to commit to attack like that. You watch Inter and you see how their mids play though-balls and get involved in the attack a lot.

It's baffling since we have Vidal and Marchisio who are both so good going forward (see 2011/12 season) why we don't play like this any more, yes we have Tevez but the idea is to supplement him otherwise putting a clear division between attack and mid will just make him predictable. He's so good at doing his own share of getting involved that we really should be focusing on this as opposed to wing play as our primary method of attack.

The tandem of Marchisio/Vidal and Tevez is so obvious it hurts. I really don't know if it's Conte's instructions to be so rigid in order to preserve energy or if we're just not hitting our stride. But too much of a habit will become normal practice.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Cant understand why he plays a different striker partnrship every fucking game, same problem for 2 years now, let them develop a fucking understanding between them, play whoever you want, just be consistent with it.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Cant understand why he plays a different striker partnrship every fucking game, same problem for 2 years now, let them develop a fucking understanding between them, play whoever you want, just be consistent with it.
I've said this for a long time now. I'll repeat, no big team rotates that often. You never see Barça, Madrid, Munich, Dortmund... Not playing their best players. Unless it's a very unimportant match/injuries. This "everybody deserves a lot of playing time" mentality is something i'm 100% against.

And if they're tired is because of Conte's very demanding training system. As i've also said before, we'll NEVER build as much chemistry and understanding like those other teams for that reason.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
You never see Barça, Madrid, Munich, Dortmund... Not playing their best players. Unless it's a very unimportant match/injuries. This "everybody deserves a lot of playing time" mentality is something i'm 100% against.
Bit of an exaggeration. Just looking at player minutes I can see this is obviously not the case. We are clearly doing it more, but now is the time to rotate, with the current opponents. I doubt we'll see as much over the big games.

I know after 6 games panic is really starting to set in, but we can judge just a little more after the important batch of games.

CrimsonianKing

The end of Jihadism
Jan 16, 2013
Bit of an exaggeration. Just looking at player minutes I can see this is obviously not the case. We are clearly doing it more, but now is the time to rotate, with the current opponents. I doubt we'll see as much over the big games.

I know after 6 games panic is really starting to set in, but we can judge just a little more after the important batch of games.
First, i'm not panicking like some here. We got the 3 points, mission accomplished. But it's definitely not an exaggeration. Besides the titles, Conte's era is known for us always struggling against weaker oponents. I lost count how many matches in the last 2 seasons our team looked tired, lifeless and without a hint of creativity and understanding like strangers in the pitch.

But then we managed two titles in a row, difference is this season is something entirely new, teams are stronger and they have what we lack, hunger (which is only normal). If we're to aim for a 3rd scudetto we'll have to make the best out of what we have. There's no need to rotate so much. only in Italy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 34)