Antonio Conte (155 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Juve finished the game something like:

Buffon

Lichtsteiner-Barzagli-Bonucci-Chiellini

Padoin-Vidal-Pogba-Marchisio-Vucinic

Quagliarella​

Can't remember what way round Pogba and Vidal were at that point.
When defending, when going forward it was a clear 4-3-3 shape.

- - - Updated - - -

They switched places.
They switched back after Padoin came on :D

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Is it the water? What is it that make professional players in Italy so tired for playing a couple of matches in a week? Why doesn't it affect the rest of the world? Why can those teams play the very same first 11 80% of the time and still put on good performances and we can't?
I demand all of you football experts here to explain that to us.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
Is it the water? What is it that make professional players in Italy so tired for playing a couple of matches in a week? Why doesn't it affect the rest of the world? Why can those teams play the very same first 11 80% of the time and still put on good performances and we can't?
Because Agricola isn't around.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
What other tactic would you use?

We really don't have the players for 4-3-3. Who would you use out wide? Gio and Mirko would be far too attacking and leave big gaps down the wings. Tevez says he wants to play central and would probably be wasted there. Padoin?

I am happy to give it a try but really do not think that it is the answer to all our problems like some people.
This is exactly what pisses me off??? Where are you getting this from?? How do you even know if there will be gaps left? Didnt Vucinic play as a LW in his first season with us? We fucking ended that season unbeaten! What? Are you planning to tell me that the reason why there were no gaps was because Pepe was playing?? Fuck this shit. With talks like these you make Ribery and Robben look like fucking kings cause they NEVER leave gaps, right? Or Pedro and Sanches?? Or fucking RONALDO and Di Maria???

P.S. You dont worry about gaps when you have players like Vidal, Licht, Chiellini, Barza, Marchi and Pogba behind you!

May 22, 2007
This is exactly what pisses me off??? Where are you getting this from?? How do you even know if there will be gaps left? Didnt Vucinic play as a LW in his first season with us? We fucking ended that season unbeaten! What? Are you planning to tell me that the reason why there were no gaps was because Pepe was playing?? Fuck this shit. With talks like these you make Ribery and Robben look like fucking kings cause they NEVER leave gaps, right? Or Pedro and Sanches?? Or fucking RONALDO and Di Maria???

P.S. You dont worry about gaps when you have players like Vidal, Licht, Chiellini, Barza, Marchi and Pogba behind you!
In the Pirlo thread I saw you champion the idea of bringing back grinta from 2011/12, and you want Giovinco and Vucinic out wide in a 4-3-3?

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
In the Pirlo thread I saw you champion the idea of bringing back grinta from 2011/12, and you want Giovinco and Vucinic out wide in a 4-3-3?
So? There is a reason why i posted that in the Pirlo thread, he seems like he is lacking that grinta the most of every player. And on another note, Vucinic never had grinta to begin with. I have no idea why you mention Gio, he runs his ass off every time he is on the pitch.....

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
We need another Tevez level striker more than we need a WB substitute. Either way we are on a tight budget and should keep our eyes open for expiring contracts and underperforming or unsettled players. We should not demand that the team wins the CL because it is simply unrealistic given the financial gap between us and the top teams. What we can realistically demand is the scudetto and a QF or Semifinal finish in the CL. In the event of being lucky we might snatch a final or a trophy along with it but that should not be our primary target nor our expectation from Conte.

A sudden change of formation away from the 3-5-2 towards the 4-3-3 would be very costly financially especially that we finally have a complete squad suited for the 3-5-2 barring some lacking of quality subs in the WB position.

Switch for a 4-3-3 and you'll suddenly need to buy a left back, a left back sub (unless you think Peluso is good enough), right and left wingers in attack and substitutes for them, an overcrowded midfield, too many good centerbacks for two spots, and Isla players that dont have a place in the formation altogether (isla).
It'd be financial suicide for a team which is already struggling to compete with the financial giants of Europe. If we can barely afford our current squad we definitely cant afford a complete and unnecessary overhaul especially that the dreamers amongst us demand way too much from a club with this wallet.
Same old futile debate

May 22, 2007
So? There is a reason why i posted that in the Pirlo thread, he seems like he is lacking that grinta the most of every player. And on another note, Vucinic never had grinta to begin with. I have no idea why you mention Gio, he runs his ass off every time he is on the pitch.....
Giovinco was mentioned because he works fairly decently, which doesn't qualify as grinta for me.

If you're going to call for wide attackers, then players like Ribery/Robben are a massive contrast to the liabilities that Giovinco/Vucinic would be. Juve aren't set up for them at the moment, a sensible idea would be to look for a player similar to Cuadrado (ie a wing back with more attacking ability) with Isla struggling as he is.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
Vucinic is most dangerous as a LW in a 4-3-3 and so is Giovinco who is also good at RW as he has a great cross. A good front 3 would be Tevez LW, Llorente CF, Giovinco RW.

Not even trying this sort of thing against weaker opposition is a clear sign of a negative mindset on our behalf. The grinta of 11/12 is gone because we're now ontop and afraid to lose - In 11/12 we had nothing to lose. It's really quite disappointing that we don't see any of it, even in CL. The Galatasaray game will prove a lot this week.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Same old futile debate
why some always say that the squad need a complete overhaul if we had to change the playstyle?

the way I see it, we have enough wide players to play a more wing oriented playstyle

LB? ogbonna and chiellini is quite adequate and instead of being proud with so called defensive wingbacks we can have even more solid defensive fullback.

LM/LWF? I really believe even asamoah, peluso and even de ceglie can play there, in theory considering they have defebsive partner behind them in chiellini/ogbonna or even asamoah/peluso themselves, the LM/LWF (in case of de ceglie/peluso)will have less burden in defense

peluso's and de ceglie's weakness can be covered by the LB while asamoah can concentrate more on offense with an LB behind him

then of course there's vucinic and giovinco

there's enough options there, same case with the right side, playing isla in front of litch is theoretically balanced just as once pepe played in front of litch

there is no reason we can't try it

or 3-4-2-1 with tevez-pogba-llorente upfront, etc

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
“It would make history if we won another title, but I'm aware that's difficult and my experience as a footballer tells me the same. We must all be perfect – club, players, staff, fans – and stick together without taking anything for granted.

“I’m starting to think that it’s our opponents or the press who want the change. Sometimes I ask myself, ‘What are they talking about?’ I win playing the tactics I’ve chosen to play – yet they expect me to change. Why? I swear, I can’t think of a good answer, but as soon as I have one, I’ll let you know!”

Lets not forget these words. Forza Conte. Forza Juve.

Linebreak

Sep 18, 2009
“It would make history if we won another title, but I'm aware that's difficult and my experience as a footballer tells me the same. We must all be perfect – club, players, staff, fans – and stick together without taking anything for granted.

“I’m starting to think that it’s our opponents or the press who want the change. Sometimes I ask myself, 'What are they talking about?’ I win playing the tactics I’ve chosen to play – yet they expect me to change. Why? I swear, I can’t think of a good answer, but as soon as I have one, I’ll let you know!”

Lets not forget these words. Forza Conte. Forza Juve.
Strong words, but he fails to see we've been riding our luck lately.

abstract

Mar 3, 2012
Juve, Prandelli Verratti in the field and on the bench next year?

Out of Andrea Pirlo and Antonio Conte, Marco Verratti inside and Cesare Prandelli: this is, in short, the scenario presented by "Calciomercato.com" for Juventus for next season. Conte and Pirlo should therefore leave Turin at the end of the championship, with the director, out of contract in 2014, again in the crosshairs of Real Madrid, and the technician, who would not idyllic relations with Marotta, tempted by the Premier League, and their place, should arrive Marco Verratti, 20 of PSG midfielder, who would return to Italy to wear the jersey of the team for which you root, and Cesare Prandelli, ready to return to coaching a club team after the parenthesis with our national team. The next few months will certainly be important to understand if the future of Juventus, who still has to concentrate fully on the season, will take this type of fold.

:sergio:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 142)