Antonio Conte (384 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
while you make a fair point, allow me to counter you're argument:

forget about the inter game. it means nothing over the long term. there are 35 games left and conte knows how to win leagues. no worries on that part.

CL is a whole different situation. this is a tough group. everyone pretty much agreed that on game 3 when we meet madrid, having 6 points going in is a must. it gives the team some breathing room, and much needed confidence boost. now 2 things happened, one we only have 1 point. and 2 a team like Copenhagen managed to show how weak and frail juve's defense and midfield can be.

you think our strikers are going to have an easy time againt a world class goalie like casillas? casillas wont even break a sweat. there is no del piero or nedved to trouble him.

Bale, marcelo and ronaldo will have a field day againt bonucci and chiellini and barzagli
I agree that six points from both Copenhagen games was a must. That was the first thing I thought when I saw our group.

However, after watching the game a second time earlier today I don't think there was much Conte could've done to change the course of the game.

Juventus were creating one-on-one chances against the goalkeeper right until the end but missed all of them and hit the bar once. Though Copenhagen didn't threaten at all I guess Conte didn't feel the need to introduce extra attackers because he thought we will score at least once more with all the opportunities we created. We now know he was wrong and are only left to speculate what could've been done to get us that winning goal.

In my opinion, Real Madrid can never be fooled by our result against Copenhagen. They know Juventus very well and have suffered defeats against us not so long ago. If they do take us lightly then it would be at their own peril.

I have never rated Casillas so highly myself which of course doesn't mean I consider him a weakness for Real. However, when facing them I think Juventus have more urgent matters to take care of and if it goes well I am not one who thinks Casillas would ruin all our efforts.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
I agree that six points from both Copenhagen games was a must. That was the first thing I thought when I saw our group.

However, after watching the game a second time earlier today I don't think there was much Conte could've done to change the course of the game.

Juventus were creating one-on-one chances against the goalkeeper right until the end but missed all of them and hit the bar once. Though Copenhagen didn't threaten at all I guess Conte didn't feel the need to introduce extra attackers because he thought we will score at least once more with all the opportunities we created. We now know he was wrong and are only left to speculate what could've been done to get us that winning goal.

In my opinion, Real Madrid can never be fooled by our result against Copenhagen. They know Juventus very well and have suffered defeats against us not so long ago. If they do take us lightly then it would be at their own peril.

I have never rated Casillas so highly myself which of course doesn't mean I consider him a weakness for Real. However, when facing them I think Juventus have more urgent matters to take care of and if it goes well I am not one who thinks Casillas would ruin all our efforts.
masochist!

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I do not fear Casillas much. He has been struggling from some time...and we have enought fireforce to damage them.

Their treat is their new offensive... which looks 3x times more dangerous than last year. Last year i was praying for us to get real madrid in quarters...but we got bayern. I knew our style of play could damage them and they were not so good.--- with some individuals underperforming Just Ronaldo was a treat.

But this time.... they have just too many tricky offensive players like Isco, Ronaldo and now Bale. If they take the game to our half with consistency...they will rip new ones to all of us.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
we dont need to beat real, we need to beat gala, key word here: need
When our players are in decent form and played in, we got the best defence in europe.

I'll be very surprised if real takes 4 points against us.

You guys forget THE biggest issue. Like last year, its game 3 and 4.

galatasaray has the massive advantage, that they play the bottom team, whilst we play real. They could be snatching up six points. Madrid, could have the qualification in the bag after the juve games.

Meaning they'll not play as good, meaning galasataray could grab points against them.

THAT is why we are in a bad spot. THAT is why we should at least draw in turkey, and why we should absolutely make sure that real isnt qualified yet after the 4th game.

Last year, chelsea trew away everything, cause the last game, we played an allready qualified shaktar. If they had taken a point in turin, it would have been entirely diffrent

mondo1

May 14, 2006
yeah apparently a guy who scored more than 40 goal for the past 4 seasons only knows how to do longshots.
would be enough to beat buffon ;)

he has been poor lately with those longshots

btw no need to worry about qualification just yet. we can beat gala twice and get 4 points from real.... time will tell.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
we are currently at 1 point, gala is at 0

IF we'd win the gala game, we are 4 they are 0. real at 6 likely

Gala however, can take 6 points in the next two games, and come at 6 points
If real wins the first game, they are at 9 (and 9-4-3-1) and just need a point
So imagine if real just grabs a point, and gala beat the danes again (10-6-5-1) or worse, they win again (12-6-4-1)

In the second case, real is qualified. in the first allmost.

game 5 real take the turks at home. i could see them at least grab a point against a nearly qualified real (11-8-7-1) or (13-7-7-1) IF we beat the danes

game 6, we have to go turkey, with eighter 1 point ahead or even points.

And this with just 1 point against real madrid.

YES, the real madrid game is fucking vital

mondo1

May 14, 2006

So imagine if real just grabs a point, and gala beat the danes again (10-6-5-1) or worse, they win again (12-6-4-1)

game 5 real take the turks at home. i could see them at least grab a point against a nearly qualified real (11-8-7-1) or (13-7-7-1) IF we beat the danes

YES, the real madrid game is $#@!ing vital

to many if's man... its not getting easier of course but in the end we need to beat gala twice or real atleast once. or gala drops points against the danes too who knows.
we have all it takes to win the last 5 games. but we have also enough bad moments to lose them all

PiN7uRiCCHi0

Aug 18, 2010
:D

What can I tell you, Jem... It is not so unusual to even find me re-watching some defeats from the past two seasons. Mainly because these have become so rare since Conte took charge (only 9 in 101 games so far) and I am always curious what has gone so wrong for Juventus to lose a game.

I guess the four seasons post-'Calciopoli' have reminded me that fotball is a game of ups and downs. So I am just going to enjoy each second of our beutiful spell of success right now while sometimes my fellow fans whine about the most insignificant of things.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Our defence is much better then milan's last year.

according to you, Messi is much better then christiano ronaldo

In the first leg, Messi did absolutely nothing against mediocre milan

Explain me why that is ?
aren't you always trying to point out fallacies and now you come up with this? weak shit, zach. weak shit. i guess you haven't taken your pre-workout yet.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
aren't you always trying to point out fallacies and now you come up with this? weak shit, zach. weak shit. i guess you haven't taken your pre-workout yet.
That is entirely correct since today is my first off-day this week :D

It was indeed a fallacy i made myself, of comparison. But you can look further then that.

- Milan was tactically impressive the first game, and nullyfied a complacent messi. In the second leg, the weakness of the milan defence was exposed, as barcelona deviated from their usual tactic by letting messi be SS behind another forward, they couldnt adapt their play and sank pretty hard.
Still, milan had 2 opportunities before barcelona's final goal, and not forgetting niangs disgusting miss

Thing is, juventus has much better defenders, and Conte can also play tactically impressive games against strong(er) opponents

Altho tbh, a true in form Ronaldo, is the best player in the world, and there isnt a defence currently that would stop him

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005

YES, the real madrid game is fucking vital
if we beat gala in both games and beat FCK then it doesnt matter what the madrid results are.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Sure, but given that the Gala is the last game and it's away, with a high likelihood that both teams will be in a must win situation, it would be difficult to negate the importance of picking up points against Madrid. As hard as that's going to be, even in Torino.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 380)