Antonio Conte (18 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Dec 31, 2008
“I don’t think anyone was underestimated, especially with last season’s lesson, though this was even worse than Nordsjaelland, as it was a siege,”Conte told Sky Sport Italia.
“Experience teaches me if you don’t put the ball in the net then you’re not going to win. We have to learn that no matter how many chances you create, they have to go in. I don’t remember another time when we had so many chances one-on-one with the goalkeeper and from point-blank range.”
“It’s amazing people said the goalkeeper was in crisis, but he performed 11 amazing saves. Even with his performance, we still should’ve done better to score. It’s a shame, especially seeing the result in Turkey, as winning today would’ve put us in a very strong position.”
“This is football and if you don’t get it over the line then you risk defeat. I fielded some taller players today to counter their power in the air, but we still conceded from a set play,” noted Conte, who surprisingly left FernandoLlorente on the bench.
“I made some players warm up, including Llorente and Giovinco, as I wanted to see how the game was going to develop. Against a side with players who are strong in the air but slow, it would be stupid to play with tall forwards.Tevez, Quagliarella and Giovinco gave them the most problems, as they are shorter and quick.
“They worked for the team and had great chances. This felt like a cursed game. Copenhagen were playing only to get corners or free kicks to float it into the box.
“We tried to bring more pace down the flanks, but at the end of the day if the ball doesn’t go in the net, we’re here talking about thin air.
“Inevitably in the first 25 minutes we met a team that went all out, though we also moved the ball around a bit too slowly. Perhaps we should’ve spread the play more, as we did in the second half, and their tempo also dropped because they couldn’t keep that up.
“The spaces opened up and we were able to create chances for our forwards that unfortunately we didn’t make the most of.”

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Conte...

I understand he'd put on De Ceglie.
Peluso was tiring, and we needed continuous crosses. De Ceglie is utter shit at everything bar crossing. That made sense.

I completely agreed on replacing Licht with Isla, as the latter is supposed to be our best crosser.
I'd even understand to wait with it (altho this was VERY late)

So the team is set up for a shitload of crosses, totally expecting llorente+quag+ chiellini to meet those crosses, and tevez+vidal to go for the offballs.

HOWEVER

Not putting on Llorente, and replacing Quag with giovinco, pretty much made the smallest 2 players on the field the crossing targets.

I admire conte for all he did. But thats the most retarded tactical decision i have ever seen in my life, and i'll be very surprised if anyone can make sense of this.
I actually have a hard time believing this was the real idea

Was conte trying to show the fans that he's in charge and can do as he please ?

Cause really...

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
nah, sell conte and promote carrera back :agree:

but yeah I'm at lost here, why did conte become this so obsessed with 3 men defense? he was a fan of 4-2-4, he adapted quickly to 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 but now he's unable to play anything but 3 men defense.

we had no wingers? oh but we played with vucinic-matri-pepe... only 1 winger there, ISLA CAN EASILY REPLACE PEPE ffs :sergio:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
“I don’t think anyone was underestimated, especially with last season’s lesson, though this was even worse than Nordsjaelland, as it was a siege,”Conte told Sky Sport Italia.
“Experience teaches me if you don’t put the ball in the net then you’re not going to win. We have to learn that no matter how many chances you create, they have to go in. I don’t remember another time when we had so many chances one-on-one with the goalkeeper and from point-blank range.”
“It’s amazing people said the goalkeeper was in crisis, but he performed 11 amazing saves. Even with his performance, we still should’ve done better to score. It’s a shame, especially seeing the result in Turkey, as winning today would’ve put us in a very strong position.”
“This is football and if you don’t get it over the line then you risk defeat. I fielded some taller players today to counter their power in the air, but we still conceded from a set play,” noted Conte, who surprisingly left FernandoLlorente on the bench.
“I made some players warm up, including Llorente and Giovinco, as I wanted to see how the game was going to develop. Against a side with players who are strong in the air but slow, it would be stupid to play with tall forwards.Tevez, Quagliarella and Giovinco gave them the most problems, as they are shorter and quick.
“They worked for the team and had great chances. This felt like a cursed game. Copenhagen were playing only to get corners or free kicks to float it into the box.
“We tried to bring more pace down the flanks, but at the end of the day if the ball doesn’t go in the net, we’re here talking about thin air.
“Inevitably in the first 25 minutes we met a team that went all out, though we also moved the ball around a bit too slowly. Perhaps we should’ve spread the play more, as we did in the second half, and their tempo also dropped because they couldn’t keep that up.
“The spaces opened up and we were able to create chances for our forwards that unfortunately we didn’t make the most of.”
yeah, good luck putting 2 flanks who are only good at crossing, and then field forwards who are only good over the ground

MAKES NO FUCKING SENSE CONTE.

IF he really wanted to play it over the floor, then put asamoah instead of the fucking ceglie, and have him ram into their defence, drawing players onto him, creating space for tevez and cancershit.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Against a side with players who are strong in the air but slow, it would be stupid to play with tall forwards

:lol2:

That has got to be the most retarded excuse in the history of football.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I hate this 352, always have and always will. Too many defensive minded players on the pitch.
There is nothing wrong with the 3-5-2, its the way you play it with the players.

You can have defensive wingers that cross, or run behind the defence trying to draw players and cut back passes.

You can have an active player and a targetman, or two creative players, etc

Then you combine it. Put the targetman and the active player (llorente-tevez) central, and have crossers on the flank (peluso/de ceglie, isla)

Or, put runners on the flank (asamoah, licht), and field quicker central players (tevez-[vucinic]/giovinco)

However, putting crossers with small forwards, is the most retarded piece of shit i ever witnessed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)