Antonio Conte (160 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Goodfella

Nov 11, 2012
:lol: good discussion guys... I'm serious...

about conte, yes there are some things I don't like about his work this season as I have voiced many times since 2013 games happened, 2x cattenacio vs celtic no matter if the matches won by 1-0 or 1000-0 is something quite unacceptable for juventus level, and it's not only that, aside from 2 games vs chelsea we were generally worse this season than last; in case some of you jumped into the better numbers in statistics for this season argument, I guess we can come into agreement that stats don't show everything right.

last season it could be said that we were unlucky not to win more games, but this season we have regressed into what can be said as we were lucky to win in many games.

we've lost the intensity, aggression and quickness in our play that made breakthrough in italian football at the 1st half 2011-2012 season, that play style that I believe amazed all of us fans and perhaps the play that made many of us thought that we were finally able to compete in europe unlike our last few european seasons in which we played crap and outdated football including capello era.

the most shocking thing for me is the reason the club gave for this change of play style, which is stamina-endurance problem and this so called pepe problem; when one objectively analyze that, it will not make sense at all.

flexibility is lost and conte is now afraid to drop certain players from the starting XI even when it happened many times that the player add little to our play, unable to give us advantage and become our weakness; add that, one can also ask what's wrong with trying asamoah as LB and isla as RWF? especially if those 2 positions are what is deemed as the main reason to avoid using 4-3-3 anymore.

and there's the monotonous attacking setup employed, which is consisting throwing CMs forward and let the regista and CBs to play long balls upfront; it worked alright at the beginning of the season (or last season too perhaps), but at this point it has no longer effective.

and then the comments, yes at some points I agree with RUS here... he already gave bayern too much credits and too downplaying juve players' mentality after the 1st leg, quite shocking because it came from a man who gave awesome speech last season; suddenly he became like a coward midtable club level of coach; for a comparison I didn't recall juergen klopp said something like that even after dortmund crashed at the CL group stage last season, remember Dortmund is considered even poorer than us.

and then he started again with the comment about spitting bloods against italian team... lol, it formed a picture not so good IMO.

on that matter I agree with RUS, but I agree with some that he deserve to move to a more financially capable team if he truly have that ambition and that his latest comment should give yellow alert to our management to do much better in upcoming mercato.

and now about the nostalgia thing, actually I agree with RUS, as a unit and especially in the midfield, this current team is better than the 96 CL winning team.... but the 97-98 team was better this current team.

football is harder today than ages before... in the very top level, football today is much faster than ages before, and faster = harder for the human body itself; yes individual defending is way worse and individual slow ballerina styled skills almost extinct today but the organization, athleticism and speed make up more to the general play; even logic say that the more you do certain physical thing, the more you adept to it and now football players play more games / season than 20-50 years ago, can also add the increased professionalism and medical science.

it is impossible that football was harder in 70s-90s than today.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
What do you mean by a 'better Ajax team' ? Have you actually watched the 96 final ? Ajax are totally outplayed, Juve could have easily won by three or four goals.

In 1997 Dortmund win by luck, in 1998 Real win with a goal from a 2m offside. Both times Juve is the better team in the final, but Dortmund and Real are weaker teams than Ajax in 1996.
it was someone else who said it was a better ajax team, not me, I simply stated that even if juve won CL in 96 doesn't mean it was a better team than today, 96 team was too raw IMO, and that team wasn't a world beater into the final either.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I am sure that Conte wants to stay and i believe that he will accept a compromise and stay with us, despite us failing to give him any guarantees, just like we did with DD...
Whatever Conte achieves in his effort to make the board convinve him to stay, will be to our benefit and he must take full credit for it.
Hopefully he will achieve the ultimate goal, an upgrade to Marotta!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 148)