Antonio Conte (177 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Chelsea are an experienced CL team.
That's not an excuse, Di Matteo was new and was un-experienced too.

I don't think football is quite as simple as you are making out. There are tactical, technical and psychological reasons why we didn't win the game. Don't forget we also went behind after 30 seconds, so have been chasing the tie for over 180 mins.
The first leg yes, it was nasty start for Juve to concede in 24 seconds. But in the 2nd leg, if you're not ready psychologically then I don't know how you can be the Champion of Italy for the last two seasons.

When good players stop playing to their usual level it's not because they aren't interested, it's because of mindset and what the opposition do to counter it.

I just don't see how these things suggest Bayern wanted it more. Who doesn't want to win the CL? That they know how to do it is something different.
You're squeezing my words out of the context. Of course every player dreams of playing and winning this trophy but the way Conte applied his tactics and formation to the players transmitted into huge failure and putting no fight or even trying.

Buy on AliExpress.com

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's not an excuse, Di Matteo was new and was un-experienced too.
Di Matteo only had to do so much, Chelsea players were on a mission after all the close defeats, and they also had luck.

The first leg yes, it was nasty start for Juve to concede in 24 seconds. But in the 2nd leg, if you're not ready psychologically then I don't know how you can be the Champion of Italy for the last two seasons.

You're squeezing my words out of the context. Of course every player dreams of playing and winning this trophy but the way Conte applied his tactics and formation to the players transmitted into huge failure and putting no fight or even trying.
I think our approach was a little flat, but that's because the game changes with a goal either way. If we concede we're done, yet if we could have kept it tight and nicked a goal then we are in a much better position.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
Conte is still caught in the transition period of Serie A. IMO, it's clear we have to become more like the Spanish league, more technical, more creativity... but the power game still works in the league. Problem is we'll never match the athleticism of Germany/England so it breaks down in CL.

Would love to see Montella's Fio get that 3rd spot because that's the direction SA should take for CL.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
Can't reall him playing RWB more than 1,5 times.

Aaaand he was terrible in defence.

I loved him there. In fact the end of the season last year he almost benched Licht. The thing about Caceres is that he's a bit too attack minded a player to be used in the centre of defense even though he seems to prefer that position. What does he play for his national team, LB? If I'm not mistaken?

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
I loved him there. In fact the end of the season last year he almost benched Licht. The thing about Caceres is that he's a bit too attack minded a player to be used in the centre of defense even though he seems to prefer that position. What does he play for his national team, LB? If I'm not mistaken?
Both goals against Milan came from his side.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
What position is Padoin? He's played there quite a few times, and is just as comfortable there as any.
Is Padoin a natural wingback?? I think I'd pick Caceres over him. Also, who were we pegging as Licht's sub in the 352, before Isla's arrival? I don't think anyone here would imagine it to be Padoin. It was always going to be Caceres.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 159)