Antonio Conte (138 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
Everytime someone says that we should leave the 3-5-2 it pisses me off. 3-5-2 is why we're here in the first place. Through 3-5-2 we've built one of the best 3 man defenses in Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini. Moving to a back 4 would mean splitting that up which is stupid since our back 3 is by far the strongest asset of our team and that is not something we should look to split up. And please don't give me the moving Chiellini to LB solution. Chiellini is a terrible LB and one of the best, if not the best, CB's in the world.

3-5-2 is why we're this good. We're not going to beat the Barca's and Bayern's of this world if we play the way they do. Imagine playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with whatever offense we can produce during this summer.

We should continue with the 3-5-2 while trying to solve our biggest issue which is the attack.
:sergio: that is precisely the thing I begin to dislike with our tactical approach, the thing I get mad at conte.

no, 3-5-2 is not why we are this 'good', our 3 cb is not why we are this good.

in italy we are this good because other teams are way worse than us individually and organizationaly, last season was other story.

in europe we are not that 'good', shaktar exposed us, celtic imposed their play to us twice, something that shouldn't even be allowed to happen, and bayern demolished us

even in italy we were often outplayed this season, against fiorentina, inter, milan, sampdoria, roma to name it.

I saw that was because of our approach to the game, our attacking setup that lack certain style, lack certain creativity and in the end lack certain individual quality.

but then I remember the 1st half of last season, we played better, we attacked better with the same players we had, so it's normal to conclude that the team is capable to do that again, but we don't want to do that again.

that pisses me off and I blame conte for that, that he said that we couldn't play like the way we did before because of pepe is laughable since I'm sure isla could fill pepe's shoes.

and why do we have to play bonucci now that we have proper LB? 4 defenders of litch barza chiel peluso could be something worth to try, with the usual mvp and isla matri vucinic forward line.

this fixation with bonucci is unhealthy.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Everytime someone says that we should leave the 3-5-2 it pisses me off. 3-5-2 is why we're here in the first place. Through 3-5-2 we've built one of the best 3 man defenses in Barzagli, Bonucci and Chiellini. Moving to a back 4 would mean splitting that up which is stupid since our back 3 is by far the strongest asset of our team and that is not something we should look to split up. And please don't give me the moving Chiellini to LB solution. Chiellini is a terrible LB and one of the best, if not the best, CB's in the world.

3-5-2 is why we're this good. We're not going to beat the Barca's and Bayern's of this world if we play the way they do. Imagine playing 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 with whatever offense we can produce during this summer.

We should continue with the 3-5-2 while trying to solve our biggest issue which is the attack.
what a great post, to think it came from a Giovinco fanboy :p

Was the attack the only problem against Bayern? I'm not implying it's the formation's fault.
their inability to retain the ball, and Bayern putting the squeeze on Pirlo.

we have always struggled whenever that has happened, need to develop an alternative strategy.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Nobody is saying we should abandon the 3-5-2. It only becomes a problem when we only depend on a single formation and not adopting it to the opponent.

Apr 8, 2013
However, regardless the tactical choices, I was pretty sure about the fact that Conte 'd have motivated the team at his best against Bayern, playing "the match of their life".

He didn't, He didn't believe in the qualification neither before the 1st leg, when, instead of saying something like "We'll give our best to get the qualification", said "We know that Bayern are favourites and we are outsiders, we'll play with enthusiasm and let's see what happens". I used to think it was something said to lower the expectations, but after seeing how the team played I understood that he was thinking that for real.

He disappointed me so much for this reason. Now my esteem for him has dropped a bit.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
However, regardless the tactical choices, I was pretty sure about the fact that Conte 'd have motivated the team at his best against Bayern, playing "the match of their life".

He didn't, He didn't believe in the qualification neither before the 1st leg, when, instead of saying something like "We'll give our best to get the qualification", said "We know that Bayern are favourites and we are outsiders, we'll play with enthusiasm and let's see what happens". I used to think it was something said to lower the expectations, but after seeing how the team played I understood that he was thinking that for real.

He disappointed me so much for this reason. Now my esteem for him has dropped a bit.
indeed, the Conte who demanded his players 'spit blood' for the title last season simply told his players to bend over and take some German dick this time.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Nobody is saying we should abandon the 3-5-2. It only becomes a problem when we only depend on a single formation and not adopting it to the opponent.
What teams change their formations to adapt to other teams these days? I've never seen one of the big teams change their formation to adapt to an opponent. Basically every team has one formation that they use. Experimenting with multiple formations is not wise either because you develop habits, trust and understanding with one formation and a team can never be good enough if they use multiple formations.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
What teams change their formations to adapt to other teams these days? I've never seen one of the big teams change their formation to adapt to an opponent. Basically every team has one formation that they use. Experimenting with multiple formations is not wise either because you develop habits, trust and understanding with one formation and a team can never be good enough if they use multiple formations.
That's because not a lot of big teams play with a 3-5-2.

Nov 1, 2002
3-5-2 is only good for Serie A because its counter attack formation and we have much less possession with it than the last season's 4-3-3. and to give enough possession to CL teams is suicidal because they wont miss many opportunities like the Serie A sides... even with better attackers this formation needs a lot of sacrifices and energies while the 4-3-3 are more stable and dynamic

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Man Utd change their formations all the time. City regularly change between a back four and a back three. Real Madrid changed their formation against United recently. Barca often changed formation under Guardiola.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Juventino★★★;4128950 said:
3-5-2 is only good for Serie A because its counter attack formation and we have much less possession with it than the last season's 4-3-3. and to give enough possession to CL teams is suicidal because they wont miss many opportunities like the Serie A sides... even with better attackers this formation needs a lot of sacrifices and energies while the 4-3-3 are more stable and dynamic
that is just factually wrong, Conte himself said that we have more possession with 3-5-2.

if anything 4-3-3 is more suited for counter-attacks with the wide players creating space.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 133)