Antonio Conte (36 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

B3N

Floro Fckin' Flores
May 16, 2010
sort of 4-3-3 with vidal slotting in RW. this clueless, out couched talk is getting over the board now. the manner that early goal was conceded and the fact that Kroos going out of the game did bayern more good with their width on both side, I'm not convinced their coach Heynckes had it all planned either.

IliveForJuve

Burn this club
Jan 17, 2011
sort of 4-3-3 with vidal slotting in RW. this clueless, out couched talk is getting over the board now. the manner that early goal was conceded and the fact that Kroos going out of the game did bayern more good with their width on both side, I'm not convinced their coach Heynckes had it all planned either.
And the way he bragged he dominated Juve sounds like he didn't plan it like that and got lucky.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Did anyone else think he looked clueless on the sideline for once?
Obviously but I don't know why he looked this clueless when he could have changed many things.

- Starting both Quag and Matri was a mistake, neither can hold the ball like Vucinic (I know he wasn't fit) and let alone none of them are capable of cooling down the tempo of the game and rotating the ball.

- Starting Peluso for Asamoah. I said it before, Peluso might have had couple of great matches but Asamoah is head and shoulders above him in terms of qualities and talent.

- Pogba or Padoin should have started alongside Vidal-Pirlo-Marchisio to give them some air.

- Taking too much time to make subs, just too much.

- 3-6-1 or 3-5-1-1 would have been better than what I witnessed last night.

Yamen

Apr 20, 2007
That's where experience plays part. I say we are lucky to get away with this result in comparison to the display. Could be in our favor as long as we do not concede the next match. Its tough but not impossible. If we are leaving this competition at this stage lets do it with our heads high. We have come a long way with this team.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
- Starting Peluso for Asamoah. I said it before, Peluso might have had couple of great matches but Asamoah is head and shoulders above him in terms of qualities and talent.
And it is why Asamoah must be starting in proper big games even if he's not proper 'wing-back'.

A player like Peluso simply should not go from starting at Atalanta to starting for Juve in the CL against the best team in Europe in matter of 4 months.I am hoping Conte has learnt his lesson.The Padoin's and Peluso's should not be anywhere near the starting lineup against big heavyweight teams.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Conte looked clueless because he was clueless yesterday. He just stood and watched. He also let our players come out too early at HT which means he didn't say much to the players. There were so many things we were doing wrong and he let them go out so fast? Weird. It seems like he knows this team can't go any further. Disappointing if you ask me, we didn't exist on the pitch and our coach didn't do anything to change that because he was happy with being 0 - 1 down.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
And it is why Asamoah must be starting in proper big games even if he's not proper 'wing-back'.

A player like Peluso simply should not go from starting at Atalanta to starting for Juve in the CL against the best team in Europe in matter of 4 months.I am hoping Conte has learnt his lesson.The Padoin's and Peluso's should not be anywhere near the starting lineup against big heavyweight teams.
Exactly.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Enough moping and bickering.

Conte has never failed us so far and he actually consistently surprised us by over-achieving. We have achieved more than we have set out to do this season already. Go through the CL thread and you'll find that almost everyone was more than satisfied with a last 16 exit. He has raised the bar of our expectations during the season just like last year. Last season we were hoping to barely qualify for the champions league (the same way Inter and Milan are this year) and the man delivered a Serie A title undefeated. Today I see our fans not valuing the scudetto we are about to win the way they should or did last season.

Klopp's first champions league experience (while BVB were Bundesliga champs) didnt last through the group stage (one that had Arsenal as the strongest team). This is also a really strong Bayern side that might win the treble this season and they are coached by a guy who has won everything plenty of times.

Conte is a genius and was outsmarted by another coach like 5 times in 2 seasons. If anything, one of his strongest assets is tactical flexibility and his squad rotation decisions. You have every right to criticize him when we lose but some guys here are having retarded knee-jerk reactions that make it seem like he is a clueless coach. Go back to the Inter game thread and you'll see everyone praising the Matri-Quag frontline and Peluso's better attacking qualities compared to Asamoah.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Coaches always plan for 30 second flukes.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
Now we know what we have with Conte. He is still great and I love him but he is soooooooo stubbern. Even strama knew at Inter - Juve that he has to chance something. Why Conte can do that? Even a blind ha seen that Pirlo and Marchisio couldn't do it... why not Pogba for Matri or Quag?

I never have seen somebody exploiting our weaknes that good like Bayern.... but I also have never seen somebody leting them doing it like Conte.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
Conte is a genius and was outsmarted by another coach like 5 times in 2 seasons. If anything, one of his strongest assets is tactical flexibility and his squad rotation decisions. You have every right to criticize him when we lose but some guys here are having retarded knee-jerk reactions that make it seem like he is a clueless coach. Go back to the Inter game thread and you'll see everyone praising the Matri-Quag frontline and Peluso's better attacking qualities compared to Asamoah.
To be honest these were two things i had least confidence in going into the Bayern game.

I wouldnt hide it.The team selection is what disappointed me the most yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)