Antonio Conte (380 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
If Giovinco scored this whole thread would be different. All we'd see is "Grinta" "Mister" "Thank god he switched to 4-3-3, what a smart coach" blah blah blah.

"We have the spirit to fight back" "I'm so proud of our squad" blah blah.
You're usually better than this, Mike.

It does, but don't be surprised to see us get a soft penalty soon.
Well, Conte seemed to be playing for it last night.

Buy on AliExpress.com

dbochev

Aug 27, 2010
I have no doubts whether or not I'm faithful to this guy, I loved him and always will for what he had done.But some of his work is getting really frustrating to watch.We won last year's scudetto because we were unpredictable ,we could switch tactics easily and managed to bring depth when it was necessary.This year ,we're stuck with 3-5-2 with wingback who cannot cross ,wingbacks who could cross but instead choose to dribble past their opponent and lose the ball.I don't remember when was the last time we scored a header upfront,but I can easily remember the last time an opponent scored one against us.I cannot remember the last time when two of our players combined close to the goal, but I can easily remember the last time when one of our strikers went for the glory with some ridiculous attempt to find the target through 2481491274 defenders.Football is a game of tactics and we're really missing some basics and fundamentals in particular area, combined with the lack of motivation and those press statements that can do more harm and damage instead of boost ,are all issues that someone is responsible for.That team needs to step up and be leaded to a certain level.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
There's a complete lack of clarity in the way the team plays, even in possession we look so much more vulnerable, I don't know if it's because of the injuries but there's clearly something mental going on here which needs to be sorted out, we've lost the spirit and belief of 2012 which is by far the best Juventus I've seen. The loss at Samp in someway feels similar to Parma an Chievo from years before and so far it is looking that way. Conte really needs to create a siege mentality to rally the players to put their heads down and just go back to winning games, inviting and involving ourselves in controversy was never going to be a winning move.

We can't pretend it's just the month of January because the problems are much deeper than a little misfortune, if it goes on unaddressed then we will be soon slipping behind to Napoli and Celtic are going to take advantage.

Then Conte will be in trouble. Which I really hope isn't going to happen since 2012 had us all believing he was the real deal.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
need some perspective here, even with our B team we were running the game against a full strength Lazio playing at home.

if G & G has played a bit better we would have comfortably won this game.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Brilliant coach, but the way he handles himself when things dont go his way is a side of him i dislike.
This

getting at the top is easier then staying their
I can't believe I am agreeing with this (there not their). This is actually something I thought of last season that if we take the top spot early we might get complacent and lose it in the end. The perfect example was the Coppa final, after all we did last season we went there taking things for granted that we will win the final as easy as it gets. This continued with us this season and we are not able to get out of this whirlpool, we are so full of ourselves (and we have all the right to be) but this does not mean that this attitude should dominate our play on the pitch, on the grass we need humility, we have to respect our opponents and prove really that we are better than them. This takes me back to Dominic's post, when things aren't going that way Conte is handling the situation as he should.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 374)