Antonio Conte (354 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
i feel the problem so far is that conte is on the defensive. these figc retards and carobbio peasant feel no pressure because the heat is not on them.

now a a few lawsuits on the other hand will bring much need heat on them. that's the only you will put them under pressure. sue them until infinity. the juve lawyers are getting paid regardless of what they do, but the figc and carrobbio laywers arent
I just don't see any court willing to give the idea of a lawsuit any time of day whatsoever.

Just isn't going to happen.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Not sure if posted already:

La Repubblica (not a sport news site) reports that FIGC Chief Prosecutor Stefano Palazzi, architect of the Calcioscommesse and Calciopoli trials, may offer his resignation. The newspaper notes that few within the FIGC (including President Giancarlo Abete) have defended Palazzi's actions, that there has been "silence" from those who normally defend him. Only CONI President Petrucci (Italian Olympic Committee, separate from the FIGC) has offered support to Palazzi.

The FIGC is reportedly upset with his failed prosecutions, his plea deals, and the negative outlook on the FIGC judicial system. It cites outstanding cases that have not been resolved (the Genoa-Lazio shirt incident, Juve's verbal attacks on the FIGC, and Napoli abandoning the Supercoppa ceremony)

The writer states that Palazzi does not want to resign, that he wants to stay in his position, but it may be untenable.

:boh:
:sergio:

fredrik

Aug 7, 2011
"I’ll say one more thing to my colleagues and players: today this happened to me and many others. Tomorrow it can happen to THEM! Don’t bury your heads in the sand and say “whatever, it’s happened to him” or “it happened to them, the others who have been charged.” It can happen to anyone! Open your eyes!"

have any of the other coaches or players in italy said anything in support of conte or the other innocent ppl in this farse?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Juventus offering Conte a renewed contract would be an awesome gesture -- Conte would dedicate his entire career to our cause (not that he wouldn't anyway :touched:)

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
This is an absurd matter. And I think the absurdity reached it peak yesterday, where we had the icing on the cake: I was appalled, shocked by the declarations of a member of the committee that judged me. Something serious, something never seen before. I define the behavior on the part of this gentleman [Piero Sandulli - Ed.] as improper and well outside regulations. Let’s talk about regulations: this gentleman should respect regulations. He should, above all, enforce them. Instead, what do I see? I see a man who perhaps, to appear on the front page of all national newspapers thanks to me and my name, makes very inappropriate statements. Whether he did so as a fan of another team I don’t know, but certainly inappropriate, and which make me think that maybe this man holds a personal grudge against me.

Today I find that Mr. Carobbio… Mr. “Pippo” (because it is “Pippo” for the prosecution, not Filippo Carobbio… it’s PIPPO, because they now go together like peanut butter and jelly) is considered a “collaborator of justice”. Seeing that he was questioned 5 times, seeing that he was last questioned on July 10, before *I* was questioned, I would consider him more a “handyman” of a *supposed* justice.

Do you know the Federal Prosecution? Do you know the *methods* the Federal Prosecutor uses? You’ve read about them. Maybe they have gone unnoticed in Locatelli & Poloni’s interviews, but not to me. What do Locatelli and Poloni say? “We have not said what they wanted to hear. We didn’t name big names in order to get a leaner sentence.” THAT’s what they say.

I’ll say one more thing to my colleagues and players: today this happened to me and many others. Tomorrow it can happen to THEM! Don’t bury your heads in the sand and say “whatever, it’s happened to him” or “it happened to them, the others who have been charged.” It can happen to anyone! Open your eyes!

Thank you.
Love the bolded parts, love the man. :heart:

The whole quote just shows how much corrupt that 'legal' system is, once again. Shameful.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
just a sshit show this is. wow man i really hope this just blows the hell up and everyone and everything is exposed because italy and italian football need a serious make over in leadership and organization. This coming from a 100% italian. just a terrible system and terrible ethics of business.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Can someone please explain to me the whole 23 players taking a piss at the same time thing to me? I don't understand. Is that supposed to be the reason why none of the other players are involved?

I know Zamparini and De Lamentis are two high profile Club Presidents who have also spoken out against the current sporting judicial system.
:touched:

hudick

Sep 18, 2006
Tonight at 11 p.m. (in 30 minutes) on SportiItalia 1, Criscitiello will be talking to Mastronunzio. According to the verdict this guy is the reason why Conte was banned.

nemnem

Jan 21, 2012
Spot on. This is beyond absurd.

I've read the main part of the sentence "motivations"(explanation) just publisehd in gazzetta. I don't speak Italian, but as I speak Portuguese I have a good idea of it. The sentence was based in 2 grounds:

1 - Stellini. Stellini used to be Conte's left arm, while Carrera is his right arm. Stellini confessed to have taken part in the bet deal involving one or two of those games. BUT HE NEVER ACUSED CONTE. THE JUDGE SIMPLY ASSUMED CONTE KNEW ALL OF THAT $#@!, because a very important man of his staff and man of hist trust knew and took part of it.

2 - Carobbio. The judge said Carobbio could not be deemed as a pathologic liar, but as someone not completely trustable. Which doesn't mean none of his words have value. The judge says that Carobbio accused Conte when he was already free and didn't depend on it to get rid of the accusation. That people's words should be doubted when they have their freedom endangered and have to lie to scape prison, and that's not that case. So the judge didn't see a reason not to trust Carobbio's words, since he didn't have a reason to lie.

-----

Now, my opinion. I'm a lawyer in Brazil. I can tell u that the criminal justice (even though this is not properly criminal justice, but the principles are definitely used) in every democratic country is based on 2 principles:

1 - Assumption of inocence - you can only be considered guilty after the sentence

2 - Benefit of doubt - someone can only be condemned when the judge is COMPLETELY SURE AND CERTAIN of guilty. With you have doubts, you can't condemn someone. It's better to let a guilty man free than send an innocent man to jail. In other words, YOU DON'T ASSUME ANY GUILTY. The only thing you assume is innocence. You need substantial evidence to prove guilty. If you don't have it, and you have doubts - you don't condemn. Assumption of innocence.

This is why this sentence is beyond absurd. The judge expressed, with his own words, that based on Stellini's confession, he assumed that Conte was involved or at least knew what was going on.

And now CONI's president tell Juve to shut up.

This is just ridiculous.
Why is it more trust able if pippo did it as a free person. If you're done with it and all the sudden you drop a name isn't it more for personal reason. That the judge can't see that this smells more like a personal vendetta then all the sudden to be a hero if the only thing you have proven is to be a moralic flexible person.

BillyG

Caribbean Ultra
Nov 25, 2006
It would obviously hurt us very bad, as a club. But still .... A part of me would like to see it happen :D

Our best bet, though, is the next stage of appeals. Not saying I'm very hopeful or anything, but it's gonna be interesting to see what a sporting tribunal that's entirely separate from the FIGC has to say about this.
regardless of who it goes to, money talks!

Mark

The Informer
Administrator
Dec 19, 2003
Tonight at 11 p.m. (in 30 minutes) on SportiItalia 1, Criscitiello will be talking to Mastronunzio. According to the verdict this guy is the reason why Conte was banned.
"Conte didn't play me the last 3 games because I WAS INJURED! Not because I didn't want to take part in fixing games."

---------- Post added 23.08.2012 at 17:28 ----------

Mastronunzio: "Conte never told us the draw was the result to get during that meeting".

another one in Conte's favor...#2898748 with Conte vs Carobbio. He's lying right Italian justice? :andyandbarcelona:

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
"Conte didn't play me the last 3 games because I WAS INJURED! Not because I didn't want to take part in fixing games."

---------- Post added 23.08.2012 at 17:28 ----------

Mastronunzio: "Conte never told us the draw was the result to get during that meeting".

another one in Conte's favor...#2898748 with Conte vs Carobbio. He's lying right Italian justice? :andyandbarcelona:

:shocked:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 350)