Antonio Conte (161 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
The pessimism around here is astonishing! The verdict has not been given yet so all you 'we're doooomed' people, chill out until we have a definitive answer. Its also funny how some on here will disregard every transfer rumor the newspapers spit out, but when they predict the outcome of a court case that hasn't taken place yet it's taken as fact :sergio:
For the record, I've been consistently pessimistic about all of this since February. I've been told to either soap it or chill the f*ck out about it, but so far my every fear has been confirmed. I, too, am of the opinion that the Conte era will be over if he'll get a ban that lasts for an entire season or more. No matter what the club has already said about it. Will he get such a ban? We'll just have to wait and see, but sadly, everything is pointing in that direction.

Buy on AliExpress.com

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
The pessimism around here is astonishing! The verdict has not been given yet so all you 'we're doooomed' people, chill out until we have a definitive answer. Its also funny how some on here will disregard every transfer rumor the newspapers spit out, but when they predict the outcome of a court case that hasn't taken place yet it's taken as fact :sergio:
:tup:

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
For the record, I've been consistently pessimistic about all of this since February. I've been told to either soap it or chill the f*ck out about it, but so far my every fear has been confirmed. I, too, am of the opinion that the Conte era will be over if he'll get a ban that lasts for an entire season or more. No matter what the club has already said about it. Will he get such a ban? We'll just have to wait and see, but sadly, everything is pointing in that direction.
:agree:
I remember how down I was after I heard it for the first time on dutch tv :depressed

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I had been pretty optimistic, and understandably so. A few months ago I didn't know how sporting trials worked and therefore I assumed there wasn't enough evidence to convict Conte.

Catenaccio

Jul 15, 2002
I also believe that if Conte gets a ban that's more than 3-6 months he should resign, we love him, everyone of us. He managed something extraordinary last year and it's great to have such a badass on our bench. But you guys are not seriously considering not having a coach at the matches till January right?

We all know what's the right decision here no matter how hard or unfair it might be.
Dude......Conte came and did a fantastic job and turned a 7th position team 2 years running into a scudetto winning team with HIS ideas and philosophy. Now is our chance to have a LONG term coach like Lippi was. Having a long term coach is important in my view - its been part of the reason why Manchester United kept winning trophies even with a team that on paper was not THAT special.

Now if he is suspended for 6 months, we would be crazy to dump him and get another coach - CRAZY! I can't believe people would even consider that right now. 80-90% of a coaches job is in the match preperation before match day. He can provide instructions to Carrara for 6 months - not a big deal. If you hire a new coach, he will have new ideas, new ideas about players etc - its way too big a risk to take.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
Dude......Conte came and did a fantastic job and turned a 7th position team 2 years running into a scudetto winning team with HIS ideas and philosophy. Now is our chance to have a LONG term coach like Lippi was. Having a long term coach is important in my view - its been part of the reason why Manchester United kept winning trophies even with a team that on paper was not THAT special.

Now if he is suspended for 6 months, we would be crazy to dump him and get another coach - CRAZY! I can't believe people would even consider that right now. 80-90% of a coaches job is in the match preperation before match day. He can provide instructions to Carrara for 6 months - not a big deal. If you hire a new coach, he will have new ideas, new ideas about players etc - its way too big a risk to take.
you do realise it is Conte himself who is doubting at the moment for resign?
so far AA or Marotta never mention anything about firing Conte
and I do think we all are against conte leaving but like I said before I can imagine if he decide to resign.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002

TRUTH. And our team was built with players that suit Conte's tactics. Not another coach's tactics. That would be like Del Neri all over again.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
ESPN is reporting that all reports out of Italy are 'Conflicting". So, nobody knows if resignation is going to happen, and neither Conte nor Juventus have ever publicly said "Resignation".

Scuba51

Aug 9, 2007
you do realise it is Conte himself who is doubting at the moment for resign?
so far AA or Marotta never mention anything about firing Conte
and I do think we all are against conte leaving but like I said before I can imagine if he decide to resign.
*IF* Conte does offer his resignation, there's absolutely no proof that it's because he's 'unmotivated' or anything like that. He may very well just fell it's the honorable thing to do.

Again *if* he gets a lengthy ban, he may offer a resignation as well to ensure that the club isn't stuck (for lack of a better word) with him, he can still have every desire, motivation and fire that has seen him do so well as a coach.

Thread's full of people reading flaky newspaper reports, adding their own opinion and treating it as fact. Noone will know what Conte thinks unless he comes out and says it.

Bezzy

The Bookie Queen
Jun 5, 2010
*IF* Conte does offer his resignation, there's absolutely no proof that it's because he's 'unmotivated' or anything like that. He may very well just fell it's the honorable thing to do.

Again *if* he gets a lengthy ban, he may offer a resignation as well to ensure that the club isn't stuck (for lack of a better word) with him, he can still have every desire, motivation and fire that has seen him do so well as a coach.

Thread's full of people reading flaky newspaper reports, adding their own opinion and treating it as fact. Noone will know what Conte thinks unless he comes out and says it.
even if he comes out and talks it can be fake :D

mukumsplau

Jul 9, 2008
conte cnt resign...we centred the team and mercato around him...new coach will mean all sorts of trouble..plyers out of position/ new tactical and formation setup/player management etc etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 157)