Antonio Conte (378 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Eh, the times when Juve scouts were everywhere, following everything.

Tudor played for my local club, Juve followed him since his first professional season and bought him when he was 19-20. Not only that, but he was immediately given a chance to play in the team that had Davids, Zidane and the likes in midfield.
Now something like that is hard to imagine. The Tudors we buy from small clubs and lesser known leagues are loaned to small Italian clubs and don't posses quality to play for a big team.
And if you leave someone half decent until they are 19/20 they will cost a fortune.

Also, there is every chance now they'll be been bought when they are 17/18.

Much harder to get young players who are ready to play now than it used to be.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
altho i tend to agree with your opinions, and agree on the positives, i cant agree with the negatives

people forget what roma is, stands for, and their history.
remember us finishing 7th last 2 seasons, but still getting points against both milan sides , while they were supposedly superior ?
remember that game under del neri were our half bunch of reserves beat milan ?

THAT is exactly what conte was guarding for, and he respected roma.

he knew they were going to be very tough, also at home in front of a big number of fans

so, he decided to field us a team with plenty of balance, and a gameplan to not concede and see what we could pull off

however, indeed our greatest asset, our midfield trio, was letting himdown, and the bullshitgoal fucked the gameplan. luckely we came back into the game.

considering our midfield was having a bad day, conte decided to not take to much offensive risk, fearing to become pressed back and conceding on another totti set piecehe was totally right on this one.

serie a is a league of the best tacticians, you cant be right all the time.

in my opinion, conte had the right reaction to go for the point, instead of risking a loss, considering the performance of our midfield.

with vucinic, this would have been a completely diffrent game, and we would have likely won it. fuck cesena
Im a bit late with reading your post, but that doesnt take away from the fact that your 100% spot on!! People who are saying that we should have gone full-on assault on Roma are very much mistaking. Say what you want people, this was one of those "lets just not loose" games whether you like it or not. Those of you who thought otherwise, you are getting way ahead of yourselves. We are not superior to every one in the league, we still have to have big respect towards certain teams. Conte is aware of that, except he does not pass that on to his players, he just keeps it to himself and acts quietly because as he said when he arrived here, he wants to make our players not respect anyone and anything, go out there certain of a win.....

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Eh, the times when Juve scouts were everywhere, following everything.

Tudor played for my local club, Juve followed him since his first professional season and bought him when he was 19-20. Not only that, but he was immediately given a chance to play in the team that had Davids, Zidane and the likes in midfield.
Now something like that is hard to imagine. The Tudors we buy from small clubs and lesser known leagues are loaned to small Italian clubs and don't posses quality to play for a big team.
A Danish member from Lyngby could say the same thing about Frederik Sørensen in couple of years though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 372)