Antonio Conte (49 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
I mean, yesterday in an interview (Lippi I think) said that Conte was the best new coach in Italy...always "prepared, tactically sound, etc."

I hope the hype is right.
Thats the thing in Italy, you win few games and everyone praise you and calling you a genious. Lose few games and they'll call you a loser, flop and they'll question every move + change the coach does.

One thing i hate about all that hype is that it creates lots of pressure on Conte and the team that we really don't need specially right now. One of the main reasons that we had miserable 3 seasons IMO is that constant pressure from the media and fans on the team.

I just hope the media would focus more on Milan, Napoli and Inter atleast for the next few months and let Conte work in peace.

Cheesio

Jul 11, 2006
Conte: 'Milan are Juve's big test'

Antonio Conte warns Milan that Juventus will go for it in Turin. “We have a lot of respect for them, but no fear.”
The Bianconeri are joint Serie A leaders with Udinese, but have so far not faced any of the potential title challengers.

“Having respect for a side is one thing, and we have a lot of it for Milan, but fear is another,” said the Coach.

“Our attitude must never change, regardless of who we are facing, because we must always take the initiative. Clearly we are playing against a team of great quality, but that has to represent further motivation.

“It is our first game against a big club, but certainly not our first big game, because every encounter must be treated the right way. They are all ultimately worth three points.

“We are still studying to be among the big teams. We must never forget where we came from, nor what happened to Juventus. That’s all we need to avoid kidding ourselves and provide the grit we need to get back to the top level.

“When we are there, then we can talk about a Scudetto showdown. For now, we just want to understand what level we are at.”

Conte has shown his tactics are adaptable, fielding the 4-2-4 or other systems depending on the occasion.

“I am fortunate enough to have different options in midfield. It has to be an advantage, because having an alternative to the basic system allows us to be unpredictable.

“We know Milan try to win by keeping possession, so there will be moments when we are under pressure. We’re aware of our strengths and weaknesses, so curious to see how we perform in a big match situation.”

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Pre game Conference.

I just love Conte's reactions to the questions sometimes :lol:

At 4:15, when he gets the question: "At present, would you settle for/consolidate the 3rd place?" and just starts laughing. At first, that deep stare, and then the laughter :D

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
The game tomorrow is so crucial, if we lose then it will not look like we are going to be any better than the previous two season and if we win we are up to a fabulous start.

C4ISR

Dec 18, 2005
The game tomorrow is so crucial, if we lose then it will not look like we are going to be any better than the previous two season and if we win we are up to a fabulous start.
It will be an important confidence boost heading into a tough schedule, but as far as predicting the rest of the season, it carries little weight for me, considering our record against big clubs the past 2 seasons was relatively positive, yet we still finished poorly.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
That's how it could turn out, but only if we let it. At this stage we should fight for every point - which I expect as a minimum under Conte - and then see where we are in the closing stages.

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
I don't think it will be that decisive. It would be more telling that we're not improving if we were unable to beat Roma or Udinese who are at a more similar level but losing to Milan would make sense considering they're previous league champions and have a better squad than we do. We have every chance to win it though.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think it will be that decisive. It would be more telling that we're not improving if we were unable to beat Roma or Udinese who are at a more similar level but losing to Milan would make sense considering they're previous league champions and have a better squad than we do. We have every chance to win it though.
All I was saying is that it is decisive to describe our start of the season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
All I was saying is that it is decisive to describe our start of the season.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I insist that this is a crucial match and going for a small break with a win against the title holder not only it will boost our morale a lot but also it will see us make an amazing start of the season. And once again, I am not indicating that this game is crucial for the entire campaign whatsoever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 41)