Antonio Conte (55 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Matri as a single striker should work, if the wide attacking midfielders would have played well.

both krasic and elia had a soso game, and pepe, despite his good game, isnt going to be a constand treath.

If elia and krasic hit form we can totally play like this

As it currently is, we need a complete forward to do this.
with vucinic, this would probably have worked.

we should try it again when he is back

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
From juventiknows.com:

• A few statistics from the Corriere dello Sport regarding Juve thus far in Serie A: The team has completed 2161 passes, just behind Milan and Roma as far as passing goes. Curiously, the player who has made the most passes in Serie A is Daniele De Rossi (313) with Andrea Pirlo just behind (310), and bizarrely, Giorgio Chiellini in 3rd place at 303. However, Juventus play much more aggressively than Milan or Roma: the team has gone into 110 tackles, with 86 won, which puts us in first place ahead of defensive teams like Chievo, Catania, and Siena. Though the team has been pressing hard, they’ve “only” received 7 yellow cards, behind Milan’s 12 and the league-leading Atalanta’s 17. Juventus also have had the most corners in Serie A (31) ahead of Fiorentina and Roma, and have conceded the 2nd least (10) behind Milan. Juventus finish again directly behind Milan as far as shots on goal, with 22 to Milan’s 23, though only finish 6th in total shots. The Bianconeri also have the 2nd most amount of offside calls behind Siena.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
Sacchi: 'Conte is a great Coach'

Legendary ex-Milan and Italy Coach Arrigo Sacchi has hailed Juventus boss Antonio Conte as the best tactician in Italy right now.
“Antonio is one of the greats,” Sacchi told La Stampa newspaper. “He is someone who believes in ideas and hard work. He wants to give an identity to his team.

“He’s a tactician who wants to build a side and not just limit himself to keeping the players in check. He wants to change the way his men think.

“Antonio knows that in terms of experience, individual talent and investment, there are sides stronger than Juventus. However, he also realises that through a strong team spirit, motivation, a modern and united system, he can multiply the quality of every player.”

Juve are the current joint Serie A leaders with Udinese and Conte’s 4-2-4 system is proving successful.

“I wish him all the best, because he is a passionate Coach with ideas and is not afraid to express them,” continued Sacchi.

“He knows the difference between having a group and having a team. You get there through football. If Conte manages that, it’ll be an advantage for Juve and all of Italian football. He sought players who were useful for the project, albeit knowing there were more talented – and less suitable – ones.

“We live in a superficial country and Conte is a cultivator of perfection. He just wants to do things right.”

FI.net

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Never liked Sacchi but its nice to hear someone praise Contes work. Even though we've drew two in a row we can take away the fact that we could of lost but didnt and last season we probably would of lost.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I am not sure how to feel about how many people are "praising" him so highly. I guess it's too soon to agree or disagree...:boh:

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I am not sure how to feel about how many people are "praising" him so highly. I guess it's too soon to agree or disagree...:boh:
I personally back the coach until he shows a loser mentality. Conte acts and sounds like a winner up until now, still early.

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
I agree. It's the way he act's in the press and by the touchline that has impressed me.. But we have to wait untill the end of the season to really se how good he is.. I still think Marotta could have given him more quality players!

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
2 wins and 2 draws is a decent start.
Honestly though, we haven't played any relatively tough teams yet. Milan, Inter, Roma, Napoli, Udinese are Lazio are all teams we must watch out for.

2 wins, 2 draws against easy teams. We're going to have to step it up if we want to beat the better teams.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Waay too early to judge Conte's work, we looked pretty good too under ferrara in his first few games. Under Ranieri our team looked pretty good for almost the whole season untill the team started wasting points and play like shit against the smaller teams in the second season.

Everyone is praising Conte now, if the team screws up in the next few rounds everyone (specially Italian media) will call him a flop.

I won't judge the guy untill the end of this season.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 55)