Antonio Conte (147 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
Many times in the last month or so I read how Conte wants Sanchez, Vucinic and Vidal. For all three it was suggested that they were Conte's choices.
I never heard Conte say it, so I leave the chance that it was just a media speculation.

Assuming for a moment that it is true and these three were indeed the players Conte asked Marotta to get, I can say that I'm disappointed from the reality, which says that Vidal remains the only possible purchase. If we miss out on him too, it will turn out that our coach had no say in the new purchases and he was just a yes man, who will be forced to work with a team completely created by Secco or Marotta (with the stars being players brought to Juve by Moggi...Buffon, Chiellini and Del Piero).

Like I said, I don't know how much truth there was in the media speculations. In case there is truth, once again we will see how the coaches in serie A have almost nothing to do with the transfers, which sucks. I think that a rare exception was Mourinho in 2009, who was allowed to create the team. We know how that ended.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
If Conte wants Vucinic, I hope he gets disappointed.

Of course he may have been asked what positions do you need, ABC, which players would fit the bill A- 1,2,3, B-1,2,3 C-1,2,3

A- Centre Midfield:
B-Winger/LM:​
C-Striker:​
Vidal
Bastos​
Aguero​
Inler
Vucinic​
Sanchez​
Diarra
Nani?​
Rossi​

In that case, he may be getting all three 1st choices or a combination of what he needs. I doubt he has only one target per position.

IrishZebra

Western Imperialist
Jun 18, 2006
Bastos in Lyon and Lille - 151 (40)

Vucinic for Roma - 147 (46)

I could easily believe that report considering the apparent similarities between each others' records an their suitability for the roles. Vucinic has quite high wages though.

If it's a choice between Bastos - 12m and 3.5M wages and Vucinc - 15m and 5M wages, I could understand why marrota wouldn't be too keen given the above stats.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Bastos in Lyon and Lille - 151 (40)

Vucinic for Roma - 147 (46)

I could easily believe that report considering the apparent similarities between each others' records an their suitability for the roles. Vucinic has quite high wages though.

If it's a choice between Bastos - 12m and 3.5M wages and Vucinc - 15m and 5M wages, I could understand why marrota wouldn't be too keen given the above stats.

Doesn't that show that Bastos is a better player than Vucinic? Bastos plays left wing/left midfield/left back and he has almost the same amount of goals as a foward who I'm assuming has played striker on several occasions.

HAZEM

L'architetto
Apr 22, 2008
holy shit!! he looks pissed off in most of his pictures.. looks like he will kick them right in the balls if we lose a match or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 143)