Antonio Conte (118 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Welcome back Mister Conte! cant wait for you to start cracking the whip on these so called Juventus players we have. Please inject you Bianconero spirit and blood into them. Run the shit out of them so then can understand the meaning of hard work and hopefully you have some fresh tactical ideas to make us CL worthy again. Obviously we cant trophies but if we can get a CL for next season I am sure we'd all be happy. Make history in the new stadium.

Nardonejuve

Mar 21, 2010
Mark reported this earlier tonight, don't know if it was from this interview:

"My 4-2-4 is not an unconventional formation, in Bari and here we had the best defense. Anyway, the formation will be adapted to the players at my disposal. The importance is balance. We need to play a possession style football." -

Pirlo would be one of the 4-5 mids but I should mention that he needs to win that spot in the starting 11.

I didn't get the job because I was Juve captain but because I deserved it.

I want players with balls, I can't stand players laughing after a game."
Thats what I want to read! Conte crack the whip boy!

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
For some reason I don't have the same pessimistic view of Conte as I had of Ferrara, Del Neri and Ranieri. He still wouldn't have been my choice as I would have preferred a more experiences top level coach like an Ancelotti, Wenger or Capello but for some blind reason I just think that Conte won't be a disaster.

Ferrara had virtually no experience and we seemed to take the easy option and hoped that everything would turn out like Barcelona. Del Neri was a choice that almost angered me, he has never proven himself as being anything other than a mediocre coach who managed fluke one season at Sampdoria and they finished 4th (that was as much about Juve having a bad season and not taking that 4th spot). Even Ranieri who has a history of being a conservative coach who is seen as being afraid to lose goes against Juventus has always been.

As I said I have no logical reason for my thoughts on Conte but i just have a feeling that he just could turn out to be a good choice. Obviously he hasn't taken charge of a single game yet so we have nothing to judge him by so i'll just keep my fingers crossed. :xfinger:

mike_zizou

Jul 1, 2010
anytime....

I will try to stay up with the High standards that I have to myself!

All the best things for Juventus and their supporters!

Bianconeri siamo noi! Ma chi cazzo siete voi?

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
Very interesting read on Contes tactical approach to the game. I actually see Sanchez work as a left winger in his system. Pirlo on the other hand I can't see fitting the system. It will be very interesting to follow the friendlies over the summer to get an idea of what Conte exactly plans to do in Juventus.

mike_zizou

Jul 1, 2010
The headache is caused by the technical terms used inside the article.

My Italian is quite good but unfortunately I can't translate this in a Happier way than it is...

Bianconeri siamo noi! Ma chi cazzo siete voi?

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Nice effort of trying to pursuade us that Conte and coach may harmonically co-exist in the same sentence.
4-2-4 is my fav formation in PES when i m absolutely determined to turn tables, but i doubt that it will be solid enough to ensure that we will keep the advantage after scoring.

We need very good wingers and fullbacks to play Conte's system,our current ones and Ziegler are just not good enough for serie A standards.
We need massive investments there, and i dont see us willing to do them.
At any case Bastos and Liecht are mandatory acquisitions.

From the sound of it, we need 2 DMs, rather than 2 CMs, a CAM like Pastore, Hazard is out of the question, since the CMs are only needed to contribute at the attacks, their primary concern would be to support the defense and fill the voids left by the attacking wingbacks. Its really silly to see us sacrificing the acquisition of the so much needed wingbacks to buy more offensive CMs, that have a minor role in Conte's system.
Defensive solidarity is a must for Conte's CMs, Melo is a perfect match for this role, Inler and Marchisio very good too, but Pirlo would be only used in games vs lesser competition and with the sole goal of keeping the ball and possession more in our feet.

It seems offensive enough overall, reminding of the old Roma and in a realistic way, to fit our core style of play, but we do need some serious investments on wingbacks and wingers!

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
It's about spitting Chuck Norris comments.
I wish you could have seen the pics I made yesterday, you woulda been proud :depressed

They disappeared for some reason, that's why a couple of my posts are just blank from last night. :wth:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I wish you could have seen the pics I made yesterday, you woulda been proud :depressed

They disappeared for some reason, that's why a couple of my posts are just blank from last night. :wth:
If it Cronios oriented humour, I am sure they were great without even seeing them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 114)