Antonio Conte (160 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
I still don't understand why people are so afraid of Conte. Who thought Allegri would win the scudetto? Was it because he actually was WC or just because he had WC players?

It's just so simple, bring good players and we will get back to winning ways. Unless Conte is a total disaster which cannot be true since he's ambitious, charismatic and has actually achieved something with Bari and Siena.

If there's anyone I'm afraid of, then it has to be Marotta's incompetence. But I have a feeling that Conte is given power to play big part in our transfer market, he's not as weak as Ranieri, Ferrara and Delneri.

Just give it time, be optimistic and cut out all the annoying 'I told you so' remarks.
the current squad is top 4, not mid-table...hence the trepidation at signing yet another gamble as a Coach.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I still don't understand why people are so afraid of Conte. Who thought Allegri would win the scudetto? Was it because he actually was WC or just because he had WC players?

It's just so simple, bring good players and we will get back to winning ways. Unless Conte is a total disaster which cannot be true since he's ambitious, charismatic and has actually achieved something with Bari and Siena.

If there's anyone I'm afraid of, then it has to be Marotta's incompetence. But I have a feeling that Conte is given power to play big part in our transfer market, he's not as weak as Ranieri, Ferrara and Delneri.

Just give it time, be optimistic and cut out all the annoying 'I told you so' remarks.
It was not Allegri, but milan's capacity of investment and influence of the background, unfortunately we lack both and we need a proper coach more than they do.
Copying only the bad parts of Barcas and Milans success does help our cause, as it has been proved so many times, in our very very recent history...

However its true, serie A is that weak, that you can even win it without a coach these days, but you have to be strong where it matters.
So the best solution for us, would be to change ownership!

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
doesnt help, it fades away after a couple of mins

It is inevitable to suffer after the horrific choices we make.
But i do believe that some ppl will suffer less, if there is at least on voice of objectivity among us, that will keep our unrealistic expectations at bay.
And if things go well after all, feel extra happy because we had some concerns about that.
IMO its a win-win situation to remind the truth and each person deal with it, at his own way...

My real life exp at least says that much, personally, i may get flamed momentarily for trashing dreams, but ppl we appreciate my unselfish will to care and feel for them, in the end.
I m not the one mocking ppl for pleasure, i could use my predictions in sigs etc to show off, but thats not my concern, popularity in a forum is not my concern,
there are other no lifers who live that.
I never boasted about my accurate predictions as they are merely logical conclusions for me, i really feel too old for such meaningless mind games.
has anyone said 'thanks Cronios, your objectivity really helped' recently to you?

persistent negativity is salt on an open wound, not a pain killer.

Apr 29, 2006
Apart from the hype and the Chuck Norris bravado quotes, thats the positive thing that got out from Conte's mouth, possession football, i m not having any expectations here, even if he wishes to impose that, he is probably technically inefficient to force into a serie A club, but at least trying that would be nice, as it happens to be my fav.

:coffee:
Obviously after watching Barcelona recently every fan dreams about possession football, but the fastest way to score is most often on the counter. Defending is secretly still top of the hill, energy input in defending the decisive factor here. I must dream if we are to ever play like Barca, but imho we are closer to what mourinho plays in real - a race to goal (and closer is definitely not the right word here, but it is subjective at least...)
So to my point. If Conte wants to achieve something in his first season we should seriously prepare on the DN's 442 or whatever we worked on. Because it was winning games. We must grind results at the start of the campaign and even with the whole summer players are unlikely to settle perfectly to the new posession system. If he is building for the future - sure you can change everything, but forget about the top 4 finish next year.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I wonder why Conte didn't have the decency to decline taking on coaching Juventus.
Perhaps he had heard that we asked van gaal, deschamps, ancelotti, capello, hiddink, even ranieri...and that if conte himself declined the job offer, then Zach would be coming back, after proving himself world class with those pesky japs...its possible. But more likely is that he feels he can do better than delneri has done, and sincerely improve our fortunes. So...its not a matter of decency, its a matter of pride, confidence and love for the club.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 160)