Antonio Conte (90 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
May 22, 2007
Final wasn't that bad until Motta got sent off, still hoped for better though especially with that poor defending. And playing with 10 men against that Spain when you're losing is a nightmare. Shame the game didn't get to progress with 11 men, see what the ultra attacking approach would have done.

Prandelli destroyed expectations though, would be worth reading the Azzurri thread in a bit to see where this forum placed Italy. Who'd have thought they'd dominate Germany?

And fair enough that people think Allegri isn't that good, but I think it is retarded to put Stramaccioni above him. Guy has done fuck all, at least see what a season produces.

Jul 1, 2010
The worst decision was not the use of the 4-3-1-2 but rather the mistake of deploying an unfit Chiellini who got raped by Fabregas on the first goal and had to be substituted due to his injury.

Starting Balzaretti would have been a much better choice.

May 22, 2007
The worst decision was not the use of the 4-3-1-2 but rather the mistake of deploying an unfit Chiellini who got raped by Fabregas on the first goal and had to be substituted due to his injury.

Starting Balzaretti would have been a much better choice.
Nah, it was a forgivable mistake. Italy got away with Chiellini playing 90 minutes against Germany (and he played rather well I seem to remember), his injury was unfortunate. And it was the final of a major tournament, you don't hold back.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
Final wasn't that bad until Motta got sent off, still hoped for better though especially with that poor defending. And playing with 10 men against that Spain when you're losing is a nightmare. Shame the game didn't get to progress with 11 men, see what the ultra attacking approach would have done.

Prandelli destroyed expectations though, would be worth reading the Azzurri thread in a bit to see where this forum placed Italy. Who'd have thought they'd dominate Germany?

And fair enough that people think Allegri isn't that good, but I think it is retarded to put Stramaccioni above him. Guy has done fuck all, at least see what a season produces.
I kinda respect Allegri a bit more now. The shit he has had to put up with, yet he has turned the team around.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I just laugh at the people who said it was only due to Pirlo that Italy made the final. Ignoring the great team performances from Italy, as well as Prandelli tactically schooling a few managers along the way.
puh. Prandelli got a bunch of unbeaten champions handed over, that made tactically one of the best midfields the azzurri had ever seen.

here, have buffon with bonucci and barzagli in front untill chiello returns

here, have pirlo in his position, protected by tiago and marchisio.

lets also play some defensive flanks, one creative attacker and a deep striker that can play with his back to the goal

LORD, that sounds like.... Conte's 3-5-2 in a nutshell ?

prandelli copy'd it, and implemented it well, switched 4-4-2 against the germs was a master move, or luck.

the final, was proof of that

May 22, 2007
puh. Prandelli got a bunch of unbeaten champions handed over, that made tactically one of the best midfields the azzurri had ever seen.

here, have buffon with bonucci and barzagli in front untill chiello returns

here, have pirlo in his position, protected by tiago and marchisio.

lets also play some defensive flanks, one creative attacker and a deep striker that can play with his back to the goal

LORD, that sounds like.... Conte's 3-5-2 in a nutshell ?

prandelli copy'd it, and implemented it well, switched 4-4-2 against the germs was a master move, or luck.

the final, was proof of that
The final was proof that the semi final was luck?

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
The final was proof that the semi final was luck?
For me the final proved that he was mostly copying conte's tactic to get the best out of his highperformance juventus core

got lucky with his decision to change formation to counter german 2-3 midfield

and in the final he decided to try that same formation again, against spain with 6 midfielders.

for fucks sake spain has been kicking the living shit out of 4 man midfields for 6 years now. you showed how a packed 5 man mid with 3 cb's, two anticipating one covering, totally disrupts their playstyle.

AND THEN NOT USING IT. beats me

May 22, 2007
For me the final proved that he was mostly copying conte's tactic to get the best out of his highperformance juventus core

and in the final he decided to try that same formation again, against spain with 6 midfielders.
He used the same set up against Ireland and England, it was his preferred formation before Conte even arrived at Juventus and he was getting the team to play good football with it as well.

From what I can see you're just saying he was "lucky" because it beat Germany. Italy should have scored a few more goals in that game.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
He got the formation right.

the square he put messed up every passing routes that germany had. and low didnt knew what to do about it.

why play 4-4-2 against 4-6-0 spain, no clue

May 22, 2007
I'm not really bothered about what you said about the final, it probably would have made sense to use something he already tested out in the same tournament against the team.

Just making sure about we know why luck had nothing to do with the semis.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
Yeah, I don't see how Prandelli was lucky against Germany. If Italy could finish better, that could easily have been a 5 or 6-1 win. Probably the best performance of any team in the tournament. Fuck the final, Italy were dead tired and were playing with 10 men for half a game against Spain.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008

for $#@!s sake spain has been kicking the living $#@! out of 4 man midfields for 6 years now. you showed how a packed 5 man mid with 3 cb's, two anticipating one covering, totally disrupts their playstyle.

AND THEN NOT USING IT. beats me
I don't only look at what he's done with Italy but rather his overall record.

His Fiorentina team impressed me personally alot specially in Europe. Fiorentina was probably the only Italian team out of the top 3 (Juve, Ac and inter) that had a real impact in the both the Uefa cup and Champions league for the last decade ! If not for that Ref mistake in their game with Bayern they could've reached the semi's and who knows perhaps even the final that season.

To shot all these results off and say that he couldn't reach Europe's final with Italy if not for Conte's work with us is no offense but a bit naive.

Oct 4, 2011
Stramaccioni: If Conte is the 'Special One', then I am the 'Normal One'

Stramaccioni was quizzed on the Bianconeri boss referring to himself as special, to which he replied: "[If Conte feels he is 'the Special One'], then I am 'the Normal One'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 82)

• Zaim