Antonio Conte (33 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
Sure, he's an arrogant POS and a traitor, but speaking hypothetically I think he would have worked wonders with this current squad. His results speak for themselves. Taking 7th place Juve and 10th place Chelsea to league winners in his first season is nothing short of incredible, not to mention how he almost eliminated WC winners Germany with a team of nobodies like Eder and Pelle in that Italian 2016 squad. Yes, he doesn't have a good champions league record either but given that for the near future UCL is probably beyond our sights and no longer a priority, hiring him to bring us back to domestic success from scratch (which he's seemingly good at) would have made sense, and tbh, with a bit of luck I'm certain he'd do very well in Europe too. He's the most logical solution at the moment for us but unfortunately its impossible to see him back on our bench. Zidane and Allegri are the ideal appointments at this stage.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sure, he's an arrogant POS and a traitor, but speaking hypothetically I think he would have worked wonders with this current squad. His results speak for themselves. Taking 7th place Juve and 10th place Chelsea to league winners in his first season is nothing short of incredible, not to mention how he almost eliminated WC winners Germany with a team of nobodies like Eder and Pelle in that Italian 2016 squad. Yes, he doesn't have a good champions league record either but given that for the near future UCL is probably beyond our sights and no longer a priority, hiring him to bring us back to domestic success from scratch (which he's seemingly good at) would have made sense, and tbh, with a bit of luck I'm certain he'd do very well in Europe too. He's the most logical solution at the moment for us but unfortunately its impossible to see him back on our bench. Zidane and Allegri are the ideal appointments at this stage.
Funny narratives. You sure you're not Fake Melo?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
His revolutions happened also thanks to not being in Europe. Conte sucks balls in cup competitions. We need to win in Europe, league is not enough.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
His revolutions happened also thanks to not being in Europe. Conte sucks balls in cup competitions. We need to win in Europe, league is not enough.
Bold of you to assume that we'll even qualify for champions league let alone contend for it. Re-establishing our dominance in Italy is more important right now, winning the champions league is a secondary concern.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
Bold of you to assume that we'll even qualify for champions league let alone contend for it. Re-establishing our dominance in Italy is more important right now, winning the champions league is a secondary concern.
Winning CL should be this club's one and only concern IMO.

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
I know coaches and players are peofessionals and its their job to do what they do, but i just can not understand how Conte could have gone to inter. Its just unbelievable. He was our captain for what, 9 years? Also, im sure he was familiar with what inter and Morati did to us with Calciopolli. I just cant understand it. One of the biggest traitors ever.

Inglip

Jul 29, 2011
I know coaches and players are peofessionals and its their job to do what they do, but i just can not understand how Conte could have gone to inter. Its just unbelievable. He was our captain for what, 9 years? Also, im sure he was familiar with what inter and Morati did to us with Calciopolli. I just cant understand it. One of the biggest traitors ever.
He got caught in a ponzi scheme, he need money lol. But Im sure he would have done it without that

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Let's be honest, that 2019 summer he would've jumped at the opportunity to rejoin us but we went for freaking Sarri. And a lot of deluded Juve fans actually wanted Sarri over Conte because they were still butthurt over the "100 euro restaurant" comments he said ages ago.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Let's be honest, that 2019 summer he would've jumped at the opportunity to rejoin us but we went for freaking Sarri. And a lot of deluded Juve fans actually wanted Sarri over Conte because they were still butthurt over the "100 euro restaurant" comments he said ages ago.
I remember rumors of the club considering Conte and Agnelli vetoing his return.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
I remember rumors of the club considering Conte and Agnelli vetoing his return.
Yep. The idea back then was to change our skin and become more of Pep Guardiola side. It surely would've sounded stupid at the time to move from Allegri back to Conte again. But choosing Sarri to start that transformation was a destructive move.

Strickland

May 17, 2019
Yep. The idea back then was to change our skin and become more of Pep Guardiola side. It surely would've sounded stupid at the time to move from Allegri back to Conte again. But choosing Sarri to start that transformation was a destructive move.
The team had lost a lot of grittiness post Cardiff, Conte coming in to fire the squad up and resolve the fitness issues made perfect sense at the time (at least for me). Sarri lacked a lot in man-mgmt, it seemed that the only player he got through to was Dybala, the rest never fully bought in. Maybe Pipita did, but even that guy continued to fade away from pro footie under Sarri.

cimenk

Jul 23, 2008

This is what i like about Conte. He creates great team chemistry and culture. Thats what Marrotta look for for a manager. We built it before.
Allegri also a people person

But then we (Tici or who responsible) destroy it in 2 season. I hope we learnt and decide to put the right person in place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)