Antonio Conte (55 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
They are better than whatever the fuck we have going on now, but dont forget for a second that they are not good enough either if we want to be top on a European level and not just domesticly.
Man look at the state we are in. They are light years ahead of us and we are the ones being picky. Typical pointy elbows comment

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No point in going back to Conte. His story is finished here. We need a coach that can get us back on the right track in Italy and make us competitive in Europe. He failed in Europe spectacularly while having one of the best midfields around. Yelling and barking can get you so far.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
No point in going back to Conte. His story is finished here. We need a coach that can get us back on the right track in Italy and make us competitive in Europe. He failed in Europe spectacularly while having one of the best midfields around. Yelling and barking can get you so far.
Beggars can't be choosers. What are realistic alternatives? And getting a team back on track in Italy is literally what he excels at.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
my ultima ratio against bringing conte back: i've grown to hate him.

otherwise he's a top coach. about his cl record: this season inda were extremely unlucky in the group stage, so while it was certainly fun to laugh at them, odds are they'll be much stronger next season, should conte stay with them. i wouldn't hire him, he already screwed us so i wouldn't trust him for a second, but i'd completely understand why someone wanted him back. he's a proven squad builder and motivator, exactly the kind we need. and i"m sure inda would fall apart without him. too bad i wouldn't enjoy watching juventus for a second with him at charge.

Jäger

May 2, 2021
People seem to think that Max would suddenly work miracles with this squad and take us to domestic AND european glory again. If he struggled with the team he left off with in 2019, what makes you think he'd do any better with this squad? Granted he won the league but it was a much weaker Serie A than present. At least in my opinion, Conte does a better job at starting from scratch with the mediocrity he has available and excels domestically as igor said. It's what he's best at and let's be honest, europe is a long shot at the moment anyway.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As much as I love both of them, they are not what we need now.
2 x CL finalist, 6 x Scudetto winner and 3 x CL winner, 2 x La Liga winner arent what we need? Both are far superior managers, rellying on good organization and hard work, while their approach is more suited for Europe. Their teams have better transition, play more fluid brand of football, without sacrificing defensive solidity. Id prefer them to screaming lunatic, that losses dressing room after few seasons. We need to be looking for long term solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

People seem to think that Max would suddenly work miracles with this squad and take us to domestic AND european glory again. If he struggled with the team he left off with in 2019, what makes you think he'd do any better with this squad? Granted he won the league but it was a much weaker Serie A than present. At least in my opinion, Conte does a better job at starting from scratch with the mediocrity he has available and excels domestically as igor said. It's what he's best at and let's be honest, europe is a long shot at the moment anyway.
I think ur underestimating this squad. We have some of the most exciting talents, MDL, Chiesa, Kulu, genuine superstars like CR, relliable players like Cuadrado and Danilo, few others that could regain their form back like Dybala under more experienced manager. With few signings in the middle this team would easily get back on the right track.

'Granted he won the league but it was a much weaker Serie A than present.'

6 titles... In his first season at declining Milan side he beat treble winning inter side. He was the architect of one of the biggest comebacks in Serie A in 2015/16, after losing few core players in the middle and our top striker, he lead a team to a title, after trailing more than 10 pts. A myth that Allegri cant build a team is just that, a myth. All evidence suggest otherwise.

Last edited:

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
2 x CL finalist, 6 x Scudetto winner and 3 x CL winner, 2 x La Liga winner arent what we need? Both are far superior managers, rellying on good organization and hard work, while their approach is more suited for Europe. Their teams have better transition, play more fluid brand of football, without sacrificing defensive solidity. Id prefer them to screaming lunatic, that losses dressing room after few seasons. We need to be looking for long term solutions.

- - - Updated - - -

I think ur underestimating this squad. We have some of the most exciting talents, MDL, Chiesa, Kulu, genuine superstars like CR, relliable players like Cuadrado and Danilo, few others that could regain their form back like Dybala under more experienced manager. With few signings in the middle this team would easily get back on the right track.

'Granted he won the league but it was a much weaker Serie A than present.'

6 titles... In his first season at declining Milan side he beat treble winning inter side. He was the architect of one of the biggest comebacks in Serie A in 2015/16, after losing few core players in the middle and our top striker, he lead a team to a title, after trailing more than 10 pts. A myth that Allegri cant build a team is just that, a myth. All evidence suggest otherwise.
They are great but both function better with a ready working team. I don't see them building from scratch.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)