Antonio Conte (323 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
He got two season with Juve, eliminated to eventual winners first, snow storm ruined the other.

Took a shitty Italy team to QF only to lose on penalties to Germany thanks to a bald fuck.

He'll win CL in his first attempt with Chelsea. GOAT.
Well he didn't do anything special here so he better step it up at Chelsea.

I'd love to see his Chelsea face us next season actually

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
conte is a driven man, of course he was disappointed that he failed in the cl with the same team which played a final with allegri. juve's failure during conte's 2nd season is all conte's responsibility, and he knows that. i'm sure he'll return to juve some day, and i hope for our own sake that he learned his lesson, both as a person and as a coach.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
conte is a driven man, of course he was disappointed that he failed in the cl with the same team which played a final with allegri. juve's failure during conte's 2nd season is all conte's responsibility, and he knows that. i'm sure he'll return to juve some day, and i hope for our own sake that he learned his lesson, both as a person and as a coach.
:tup:

The Quazis

Dec 21, 2012
He got two season with Juve, eliminated to eventual winners first, snow storm ruined the other.

Took a $#@!ty Italy team to QF only to lose on penalties to Germany thanks to a bald $#@!.

Couldn't reach foking EL final to be played on J Stadium.

Wysłane z mojego FRD-L09 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Jun 6, 2015
I think he was disappointed in himself for not believing in the squad he had. I think he had the same regrets after the Euros when he understood he could have done something spectacular with Italy going forward but already had resigned.

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
That stubborn man will never learn, because he already knows everything.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Took a shitty Italy team to QF only to lose on penalties to Germany thanks to a bald fuck.

Should have beaten Danes and Galata at home tbf, also Danes away. We only had 1 win in a group with Galata and some Danish team in it, which wasnt anything to be proud of. Should have beaten Benfica at home too later in the EL

A team that has Buffon, Bonucci, Barzagli, Chiellini, De Rossi ain't shit. It was the 4th strongest team in the tournament on paper after Germany, France and Spain arguably. Going out vs Germany on PKs was OK, but he also made the mistake to win his group which cost him an almost guaranteed SF and a probable final too. Fucking Eder

Jun 6, 2015
I understand blaming Conte for the CL failures but blaming him for winning the group at the EUROs is a bit naive. No self respecting coach or player will lose/draw on purpose. It takes all credibility of winning a tournament if some coach did that. You basically admit that you have no chance against a certain opposition. Mentality and motivation of the team destroyed right there.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
I understand blaming Conte for the CL failures but blaming him for winning the group at the EUROs is a bit naive. No self respecting coach or player will lose/draw on purpose. It takes all credibility of winning a tournament if some coach did that. You basically admit that you have no chance against a certain opposition. Mentality and motivation of the team destroyed right there.
imo its playing for the result which italians are usually good at so even more surprising they werent very calculative in that group stage. A draw in that game vs Sweden would have give them the chance to choose their opponent (Porugal/Hungary/Austria vs Croatia/Spain, easy choice really) and path to the final at the same time (i hope i dont need to remind everyone about the difference between the two sides of the draw) in the last game vs Ireland, and they even played for a draw from what I've seen until they scored a goal out of nowhere. So it wasn't really intentional losing but more playing for and getting the favorable result. Also disagree about the mentality and admitting inferiority thing. Portugal did well after getting 2nd (or was it 3rd) place in a terrible group and a very easy path to the final. They still had to face a strong France team in the final and didnt show a lack of mentality there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 3, Guests: 317)