Antonio Conte (197 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Baffling post, as is this notion of overstating the quality of that Milan. It was essentially a team that refused to get with the times, still relying on past it legends that got by on experience, and only of age top players being Ibra and Silva. Well coached but very flawed.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
you are talking as if current EPL teams are the 2nd coming of 90ties Serie A :shifty:
name me one team in EPL that comes close to a Silva-Nesta pairing. Camelnose also is at least 2 levels above any current EPL striker. if I had to pick an easier opponent in league between Guardiolas City or that Milan injury free I know which one I'd pick.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Baffling post, as is this notion of overstating the quality of that Milan. It was essentially a team that refused to get with the times, still relying on past it legends that got by on experience, and only of age top players being Ibra and Silva. Well coached but very flawed.

You are saying something different @Osman . Something i agree with.

1) The milan team was far better then most make out of it. When all fit it was a very solid and strong team thanks to a good coach managing to play it to its strenghts

2) It however, was horribly overaged and tremendously failed to reduce its age over the years leading with a load of borderline pensioners, that would all retire or vastly decline around the same time, creating insane problems and gaps to fill. Which kinda happened. All the experience left at the same time as the actual worldclass prime ibra and silva left.

I was not arguing that its a massive issue concerning their age. Just saying that squat was still very good. But a drama waiting to happen.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
you are talking as if current EPL teams are the 2nd coming of 90ties Serie A :shifty:
name me one team in EPL that comes close to a Silva-Nesta pairing. Camelnose also is at least 2 levels above any current EPL striker. if I had to pick an easier opponent in league between Guardiolas City or that Milan injury free I know which one I'd pick.
That same Milan team got knocked out by a shitty Tottenham team in the 10/11 CL season and nearly blew a 4-0 aggregate lead against perennial chokers and CL failures Arsenal a year later.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
I disagree. He faced equally as tough situation in Chelsea if not tougher. Also winning PL isn't as tough as people like to make it out to be. Leicester just won it last year with a very inexperienced squad under a coach who never was able to win the "easy" Serie A. There really isn't any real difference between the two leagues in terms of quality no matter what most want to believe even the UEFA coefficients show how similarly bad/good top teams from both countries have been in the last few years.
EPL teams are way closer to each other in terms of quaility than compared to Serie A. They dont have actual top teams at the level of Juve or Bayern but they are all at a very similar level(to each other) with big bags of cash.

Also EPL didnt have the same kind of quality coaches as it did last time around. This time there is Mou, Pep and Klopp which are three amazing coaches. I firmly believe Juve would easily win the EPL had we been competing there but that doesnt mean its not insanely competitive right now with no clear favorites.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
EPL teams are way closer to each other in terms of quaility than compared to Serie A. They dont have actual top teams at the level of Juve or Bayern but they are all at a very similar level(to each other) with big bags of cash.

Also EPL didnt have the same kind of quality coaches as it did last time around. This time there is Mou, Pep and Klopp which are three amazing coaches. I firmly believe Juve would easily win the EPL had we been competing there but that doesnt mean its not insanely competitive right now with no clear favorites.
*Mou was an amazing coach

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
They had Ibra and Silva in great form as well as some fantastic veterans. Their "role players" were up to the job most of the times too. That was a team that was on its way to eliminate Barca before the unexistent PK waa given. Also, they had a better coach than any of the EPL now

- - - Updated - - -

:agree: which is why I said when most players are fit that they are better than anyone in EPL now. If they had better depth that team would have been scary
Barcelona blew them away in that game. Milan posed zero threat in that game in the camp nou. This is the 3 -1 game we're talking about right?

With that being said, EPl teams have been a joke for a while in the CL so im not comparing them to that milan team. But i still think you massively overrate that milan team, imo they werent that good.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Barcelona blew them away in that game. Milan posed zero threat in that game in the camp nou. This is the 3 -1 game we're talking about right?

With that being said, EPl teams have been a joke for a while in the CL so im not comparing them to that milan team. But i still think you massively overrate that milan team, imo they werent that good.
They weren't. But Barcelona were helped a lot by the ref. In fact, in that era Barcelona were helped quite often for some reason.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013

Milan equalized at 1-1 after which they got a BS penalty against them just before the break. Barca was better but after they got the result they needed and later killed the game with an Iniesta goal.

- - - Updated - - -

That Milan team being better than current top EPL teams :rofl:

The Tuz has lost it.
Which EPL teams are better?

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
Even United have several players who could make it into Milan's best XI: De Gea, Valencia, Herrera, Pogba, Mata, Martial.
On paper only Zlatan and Silva are better than what United have right now, but as a team they're shit so I left the out.

Freaking Boateng. :lol:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
The Milan dicksucking and revisionist history is disgusting
Atleast choose to praise the double CL winning Milan that had prime Nesta, Stam, Cafu, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva etc.

Instead for some reason big up a mediocre side that had two top players in entire squad and had Ambrosini, Abate, VB, Nocerino, Boateng, Robinho etc starting as some force to reckon with is funny. They were card house desperately held together with outdated thinking (based on said past glories refused to rejuvenate from) waiting to fall apart with most minor of obstacles.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Premier League clearly has more depth, danger in more fixtures because of the never say die attitude of more teams in that league, plus more money. What it doesn't have is consistent teams. So in that sense it would be easier to win the league for any consistent team. ANY team. Leicester won it, what the fuck else do you need to know? Consistent teams win leagues. Roma don't get it. Napoli don't get it. Dumfuck United City Gunners FC don't get it.

So it doesn't matter if these teams have more money and better players when they can't consistently grind out results. If Conte grinds out wins like he has in the some of the more recent games he'll win the league and that will be because of consistency where others fail. It's what Mourinho used to do but has somehow lost along the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 194)