Antonio Conte (123 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Fantastic post, but it's basically this.

The basic assumption of Conte's fanboys is that he was given scrubs to work with and managed to win the title, which is laughable.

Buffon, Barzagli, Bonucci, Licht, Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio, are players from Conte's first season and all played in the final of the CL last year. So they can't be this bad, can they?

Good coach wouldn't be able to accomplish anything notable with retarded mgt and would end up looking clueless. B&G and Allegri's spell in Milan are rather good example. Even if Allegri leaves one day, I'm confident someone else will do admirable job of replacing him, bacause he'll have mgt that has proven capable of bringing great players every summer.
No strawman.

What we do say is that the players he had were either mediocre (Matri, Vucinic, Quags, Pepe, Giach, Cacares, Padoin, DP), or poor (De Ceglie, Estigbarria, borriello, Elia, Krasic, Grosso) or veterans that need some serious revival (Barza, Pirlo) or talented players that never had a top level season before (Marchisio, Bonucci and maybe Chiello). Thats the fundamental premise. Take that mix and give me an undefeated season against an Allegri team that is also an Ibra team and you have something remarkable. These are not scrubs. There is immense potential in veterans who need revival as well as in talented youngsters that needed guidance. But these are not winners either and they need some great coaching.

Vidal, Gigi and Licht were the only players he had who were obviously quality and we knew that they were talented and in form before the season started. Everyone else was either a limited player or a question mark. We all knew who Pirlo was, but whether he can recover from a terrible injuries ridden year was a question mark. We knew Barzagli used to be solid a long time ago, but whether we can get him to be rejuvenated is a question mark. We knew Bonbon and Marchisio had talent but they were poor thus far and never expressed it consistently.

Conte rejuvenated Barza and Pirlo and pushed Marchisio, Bonbon, and Chiello to the next level. This could have turned out differently under a different coach. Simeone today is succeeding with Torres where many top coaches failed. Allegri failed with Pirlo before we got him. Milan has been failing at getting Shaarawy to perform since Allegri left (Monaco failed too) and now Spaletti is doing it right. Lamela failed to perform to his best until Pochettino came along. Mou failed to get anything out of Cuadrado, and Salah but Juve and Roma are succeeding. Hiddink has so far failed at getting Fabregas, Pedro, Oscar, Hazard to perform and Mou failed before him. There are so many examples.

The squad also had no bench in the middle and at the back and had no left side at all neither in attack (esti/Elia) nor in defense (Grosso/De Ceglie). So yes Marotta did brilliantly in identifying and recruiting players (and recruiting Conte himself) that he believed Juve can restore to their old best levels. But it was far from an easy job and most top coaches would have failed at doing what Conte did with this group.

Reviving seemingly finished players, pushing talented youngsters to the next level, integrating a large number of new signings at once, rotating using a very small bench, getting 100% out of mediocre players... thats what he did and we didn't lose a single match in winning that title, something our Galacticos teams could never do and we can't do even until now.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
No strawman.

What we do say is that the players he had were either mediocre (Matri, Vucinic, Quags, Pepe, Giach, Cacares, Padoin, DP), or poor (De Ceglie, Estigbarria, borriello, Elia, Krasic, Grosso) or veterans that need some serious revival (Barza, Pirlo) or talented players that never had a top level season before (Marchisio, Bonucci and maybe Chiello). Thats the fundamental premise. Take that mix and give me an undefeated season against an Allegri team that is also an Ibra team and you have something remarkable. These are not scrubs. There is immense potential in veterans who need revival as well as in talented youngsters that needed guidance. But these are not winners either and they need some great coaching.

Vidal, Gigi and Licht were the only players he had who were obviously quality and we knew that they were talented and in form before the season started. Everyone else was either a limited player or a question mark. We all knew who Pirlo was, but whether he can recover from a terrible injuries ridden year was a question mark. We knew Barzagli used to be solid a long time ago, but whether we can get him to be rejuvenated is a question mark. We knew Bonbon and Marchisio had talent but they were poor thus far and never expressed it consistently.

Conte rejuvenated Barza and Pirlo and pushed Marchisio, Bonbon, and Chiello to the next level. This could have turned out differently under a different coach. Simeone today is succeeding with Torres where many top coaches failed. Allegri failed with Pirlo before we got him. Milan has been failing at getting Shaarawy to perform since Allegri left (Monaco failed too) and now Spaletti is doing it right. Lamela failed to perform to his best until Pochettino came along. Mou failed to get anything out of Cuadrado, and Salah but Juve and Roma are succeeding. Hiddink has so far failed at getting Fabregas, Pedro, Oscar, Hazard to perform and Mou failed before him. There are so many examples.

The squad also had no bench in the middle and at the back and had no left side at all neither in attack (esti/Elia) nor in defense (Grosso/De Ceglie). So yes Marotta did brilliantly in identifying and recruiting players (and recruiting Conte himself) that he believed Juve can restore to their old best levels. But it was far from an easy job and most top coaches would have failed at doing what Conte did with this group.

Reviving seemingly finished players, pushing talented youngsters to the next level, integrating a large number of new signings at once, rotating using a very small bench, getting 100% out of mediocre players... thats what he did and we didn't lose a single match in winning that title, something our Galacticos teams could never do and we can't do even until now.
20 Serie A goals in a such mediocrity. That team was fine for Serie A.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
20 Serie A goals in a such mediocrity. That team was fine for Serie A.
what 20 goals?

If you get each and everyone one of them to perform at their highest level, got lucky to go without injuries to your midfield and central defenders then yes its enough as they themselves demonstrated. Luckily MVP were never really injured nor did BBC and our strikers had a great season (by their standards).

I feel that people tend to undervalue competing with an Allegri team in the league let alone an Ibra team. They also undervalue how difficult it is to integrate that many players at once. They undervalue how difficult it is to revive or to make that many players give 100% after being underwhelming for a year in Pirlo's case and for many years in BBC, Vucinic and Marchisio's case. The thing they undervalue the most is how difficult it is to win any league let alone Serie A undefeated and on the first try. We have not done the same ever since even PSG couldnt do it in Ligue 1 where they are levels above everyone else.

Marotta gave Conte players with unquestionable potential but Conte took that to the maximum level in no time. Marotta haters tend to undervalue the quality of the players while Conte haters tend to undervalue how difficult it is to get these players to reach such a high level as a team immediately without a single loss. Marotta haters also forget that it was him that hired Conte and then Allegri when no one else would and both of which were insanely good coach signings. Marotta signed not just many players with potential on a tight budget, he also signed coaches with great potential. He is as close to a perfect director as anyone can ask for.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
I don't know why I enjoy the debates on here so much.

Conte legend or not
pirlo legend or not
marchisio v vidal (marchisio obvi)
conte hair off limits but is it?

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
I love the fact that I wish death upon a poster here (as well as his entire family being killed or tortured) and I was fine, but I made one little joke about Conte's wig and BANG infraction-city, bitch.
Conte's hair is more important.

Btw conte didnt bring vidal he wanted niggas like estigarribia and elia

- - - Updated - - -

I love how you wish death upon people as well as their entire family yet you still have it in you to question morality of others
Ouch

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
No strawman.

Congrats, this is such a croniosesque post. So many lies in here that I wouldn't where to begin. Although I refuted your arguments above a while ago so kindly refer to some of our previous discussions for more clarity. Not in a mood for another rigmarole. :wink:

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I love how you wish death upon people as well as their entire family yet you still have it in you to question morality of others
He makes a point though. Since he was infracted for joking about Conte's wig, he should definitely be infracted and thus banned for wishing death upon another poster.

Wait, what was the point again @Bianconero_Aus :D?

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I don't know why I enjoy the debates on here so much.

Conte legend or not
pirlo legend or not
marchisio v vidal (marchisio obvi)
conte hair off limits but is it?

Conte is obviously a legend. There is no doubt about that.

Pirlo is like Baggio. Legend of Italy, but not of one club, although if you had to choose, it would be Milan

I'm not even gonna go there with this. You know where I stand :D

Conte is wearing a wig. Or hair implants. That is fair game regardless of who you are

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
He makes a point though. Since he was infracted for joking about Conte's wig, he should definitely be infracted and thus banned for wishing death upon another poster.

Wait, what was the point again @Bianconero_Aus :D?
Hes talking about his thing with rufio where he did get the infraction, but only for one of 2 posts, i'm sure we can accommodate his request for consistency if he wishes though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 8, Guests: 112)