Antonio Conte (368 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Saturday 29 October, 2011
Conte: 'An important step for Juve'
Antonio Conte treats the Derby d’Italia triumph as “a reward” for Juventus. “It’s an important step that can help us grow.”

The Bianconeri earned their first win at San Siro since 2008 by beating Inter 2-1, securing their status at the top of the table.

“It’s an important step that can help us grow. The team is taking leaps forward and this victory allows us to keep the leadership on 19 points,” said the Coach.

“This is a reward for the lads and a reason to be satisfied. We tried to do our best and I’m happy, as it’s not easy to win at San Siro.

“It was a very intense game between two teams who wanted to put pressure on. There was a little tiredness from both sides, but I am happy because it was an excellent performance against an Inter outfit that was the favourite going into the game.

“We still lack a clinical edge, as we should’ve finished off the match earlier. We must also learn to rest with the ball, as we cannot always go at full speed.”

Juventus face another Scudetto showdown next week when they travel to the San Paolo.

“It’s going to be extremely tough, as Napoli are a great side who are favourites along with Milan and Inter for the title.”

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
“We still lack a clinical edge, as we should’ve finished off the match earlier. We must also learn to rest with the ball, as we cannot always go at full speed.

Great.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
We tried to do our best and I’m happy, as it’s not easy to win at San Siro.

“It was a very intense game between two teams who wanted to put pressure on. There was a little tiredness from both sides, but I am happy because it was an excellent performance against an Inter outfit that was the favourite going into the game.
“We still lack a clinical edge, as we should’ve finished off the match earlier. We must also learn to rest with the ball, as we cannot always go at full speed.”

“It’s going to be extremely tough, as Napoli are a great side who are favourites along with Milan and Inter for the title.”
Its comments like these that I want to hear from our coach. Were humbled and fighting, with still lots to do. Grande Conte. His charisma and leadership is showing our boys the right mentality.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
Antonio Conte treats the Derby d’Italia triumph as “a reward” for Juventus. “It’s an important step that can help us grow.”

The Bianconeri earned their first win at San Siro since 2008 by beating Inter 2-1, securing their status at the top of the table.

“It’s an important step that can help us grow. The team is taking leaps forward and this victory allows us to keep the leadership on 19 points,” said the Coach.

“This is a reward for the lads and a reason to be satisfied. We tried to do our best and I’m happy, as it’s not easy to win at San Siro.

Juventus face another Scudetto showdown next week when they travel to the San Paolo.

He is so afraid to say it. I bet he's even afraid to whisper it to himself.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
People questioning anything this match :sergio:. We had about 5 breakaways during the game and in the last 20 minutes Inter couldn't even get a shot. What do you want. He can't do much more than he did. On a different day it could have been 5-1.
:tup:

I thought Juve were pretty comfortable for most of the second half.

Sure, Inter had the possession and the territory, but they didn't look like scoring and Juve had chances on the break to finish the game.

May 22, 2007
Conte: “A great reward for the lads”
October 29, 2011

“This victory is a great reward for the lads and for what they’re doing”
Antonio Conte’s first thought following the win over Inter is for his team, who are increasingly resembling their manager with their hunger and drive.

But Juve’s manager refuses to rest on his laurels: “It’s an important step which allows us to remain at the top of the table and should help us to develop. We’re still lacking a bit of cynicism because we should have put the game to bed earlier, without having to suffer nervy moments. And then we also need to improve on always being ‘in’ the game and to ‘rest’ when we’re in possession of the ball, because you can’t always play at a hundred miles an hour. After all, we started from scratch from every point of view, changing the system and the mentality, always looking to dictate the play and bring pleasure.”

The Bianconeri displayed an impressive solidarity, especially during the second half when they resisted Inter’s attempts to force their way back into the game: “It was an intense affair, with two teams who press heavily and, being the third game in eight days, we weren’t totally fresh. At the end of the first half I made some tactical adjustments, spreading the midfielders further across the pitch as they were too narrow in the first half and gave Inter numerical supremacy on the flanks. On this aspect, we improved greatly. The Vucinic-Maicon dual? They both scored… the Brazilian was causing us problems and so I moved Pepe over to deal with him, a player who can feature everywhere, and then brought on Estigarribia and both managed to contain the threat. Not a simple task because the Brazilian is a menace going forward.”

Conte’s delight at the final whistle was clear for all to see, but he remains focused on the task ahead, which includes another tough away fixture next week: “I’m happy because it’s not easy to face Inter at the San Siro, to win and create many goalscoring opportunities. However, we’ll now go to Napoli and it will be a very tough away game against a massive side, among the favourites for the Scudetto alongside Inter and Milan.”

http://www.juventus.com/wps/portal/en/news/29ottobre2011_conte_eng

Conte is copying my thoughts. In particular, finishing the chances that Juventus were able to get.

Flamez

Feb 7, 2011
“We still lack a clinical edge, as we should’ve finished off the match earlier. We must also learn to rest with the ball, as we cannot always go at full speed.

Great.
The whole statement is greatness, just highlights what I previously said about Conte. The guy is always improving the team, bit by bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 365)