Antonio Conte (175 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
So, I have a question... are we currently playing a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-5-1 formation? Im not complaining its just that everybody seems to think diferently
Listening to Conte since he was appointed, I don't think it really matters to him. To him, it's more about the mind set of the players both individually and collectively and the approach they take to the game. From watching it seems more like players are given individual instructions according to their strengths and to negate opposition strengths. That's why people never really know what formation we're playing, it's always changing depending of how Conte wants the movement of the ball to be at any particular time. This is why we're unbeaten at this stage, it's very hard to coach against a team with no set structure.

How often do we see a lob-sided system where Litch is running up the line but Chiellini is holding back at LB. And Pepe is coming back to support the midfield but who ever is on the other wing stays forward to support the prima punta. Sometimes it even looks like 3-5-2 when pepe switches to the left and Litch plays higher up the pitch. Conte plays seems to have more of a philosophy rather than a defined structure.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
So, I have a question... are we currently playing a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-2-1 or a 4-5-1 formation? Im not complaining its just that everybody seems to think diferently
Well, it's changing quite a bit.

Juve started with something like:

Pirlo---
--------Marchisio

Vidal

Pepe---------------Vucinic

Matri​

but changed to something more like:

Pirlo

-----Vidal--Marchisio----Pepe

Vucinic-----Matri--------​

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Yeah, it's nice to see Conte doesn't care about a particular formation. However, he's kept the pressing, the grinta, the passing, and quick play. Major props to him, I'd love to see him succeed in Europe too, such a charismatic character deserves much more exposure and a bigger stage.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
Its clear that Conte still feels himself as a nother player....i mean... im pretty sure he still has those passionate memories fresh as a juve player...and when the guys `play like that and win... i think he feels like in the good old times with delpie, montero trez and company.

We cant blame the guy for wanting to run with the lads and jumping like if he just scored :D

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Its clear that Conte still feels himself as a nother player....i mean... im pretty sure he still has those passionate memories fresh as a juve player...and when the guys `play like that and win... i think he feels like in the good old times with delpie, montero trez and company.

We cant blame the guy for wanting to run with the lads and jumping like if he just scored :D
It's a good thing. It shows he's actually passionate about this team and his job. Better that than Del Neri who just sat there looking like a retarded Shih Tzu with that stupid over bite all the time

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It's a good thing. It shows he's actually passionate about this team and his job. Better that than Del Neri who just sat there looking like a retarded Shih Tzu with that stupid over bite all the time
Don't assume that someone who hops about and screams is more passionate than someone who sits quietly.

They may well be infinitely more charismatic, but you can't tell how much they care from appearance.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It sure is a big indicator, though.

And besides, I think Delneri let us all know about how passionate he was about the club through his comments.

No passion whatsoever. Actually, he didn't have a clue what Juventus is all about.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Don't assume that someone who hops about and screams is more passionate than someone who sits quietly.

They may well be infinitely more charismatic, but you can't tell how much they care from appearance.
You're right, however in Conte's situation i actually get the impression that he is passionate about everything Juve is and Stands for. Del Neri only ever gave me the impression that Juve was the thing he did between waking up and jerking off over aquaman's girl last thing at night. He never once made me think that he thought Juve was special

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
It seems as if Del Neri came to Juventus for the prestige and glamour. Whereas for Conte it seems like he adores this club and much more passionate.

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
It seems as if Del Neri came to Juventus for the prestige and glamour. Whereas for Conte it seems like he adores this club and much more passionate.
Ferrara adored the club and was passionate but things didn't go well with him here.

Lippi was pretty cold as a character and hardly ever showed any reaction during games yet he had a great career with us. These things isn't really important in my opinion

Conte knew from day 1 whats the main problem with our team and he said that many times during intreviews. We had a serious mentality problem, our players simply did not believe in themselves and it shows alot during games in the last 2 seasons.

whenever we went 1-2 goals up in games we always conceeded 2-3 goals in return, We hardly ever won 1-0 in the past two seasons. Thats a sign of a weak character of the team and he knew it. One of the main things that the old Juve (even when we were in serie B) was known for that strong mentality that we had. No matter who was our manager we always played with that sence of arrogant that we simply do not lose.

That shit and weak mentality started during our old management and Ranieri's time here, it was clearer during Ranieri's final days here with us. We desperately needed someone with a strong personality to change that.

Cirillo

Nov 10, 2009
Ferrara adored the club and was passionate but things didn't go well with him here.

Lippi was pretty cold as a character and hardly ever showed any reaction during games yet he had a great career with us. These things isn't really important in my opinion

Conte knew from day 1 whats the main problem with our team and he said that many times during intreviews. We had a serious mentality problem, our players simply did not believe in themselves and it shows alot during games in the last 2 seasons.

whenever we went 1-2 goals up in games we always conceeded 2-3 goals in return, We hardly ever won 1-0 in the past two seasons. Thats a sign of a weak character of the team and he knew it. One of the main things that the old Juve (even when we were in serie B) was known for that strong mentality that we had. No matter who was our manager we always played with that sence of arrogant that we simply do not lose.

That shit and weak mentality started during our old management and Ranieri's time here, it was clearer during Ranieri's final days here with us. We desperately needed someone with a strong personality to change that.
Ranieri always has been and always will be, afraid to lose. Therefore he was overly cautous and that mentality and fear was felt by the players and they crumbled in the pressure. That's the problem with merda now.

Lippi was always confident of the abilities of his players and relayed that confidence therefore on the pitch the players felt invincible. Confidence plays a major part in sport

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004

Yes our pre-calciopoli arrogance was great. Yet the players could play knowing they were the best, only because they were. It's not so easy to do that, if you're not. Which we really weren;'t the last seasons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 175)