Antonio Conte (203 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
People always have something to moan about, It's incredible. The only mistake Conte did is the 'timing' of his subs, That's about it.

And Quagliarella instead of Del Piero.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
The man is way too cautious with his subs, and anal about losing balance. What he doesn't realise is, players like Vidal and Marchisio will not be a 100 pxt if he plays them week in and week out without subbing them. Its just an absolute no fucking go. And where is Quag?
It's bad luck for Quag because a certain someone demands playing time.

Also Marchisio and Vidal are young, and we only play one competition. For a couple years, Barca's team were playing the same 11 for 50 games a year.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I agree with all you said here. I just want to add that we really should stop looking at players and their names and see the team as a whole unit. a lot of the frustration from thwarting people questioning conte is he doesny play quag or when's ellia coming on etc etc meanwhile were still in first place alone!
I think you need to factor in the way we tend to play our games. Or wind them down. Today may not be the right example as we were defy itely more solid on the ball vis a vis the last game towards the end. While Quag is being looked at as a player, I am actually seeing him as part of the bigger unit. The way to optimise this team, its movement and consistency, is having personnel cover key positions. By playing your team for 90 minutes every weekend, you will have people taking their places for granted, you will have players getting fatigued, and most importantly, their substitutes will not have the much needed time to find their rhythm. This is not about today. I think it's a pretty rigid outlook, to not play somebody for match time if nothing else, when you are well aware of how much they can contribute to your team. Its an outlook as a coach, where its good to see he's not rigid with his formations, I'd like him to have a si liar outlook to his personnel.

May 22, 2007
This 4-3-3 is continuing to convince me even more, it's pretty much how I expected the team to line up after several games and he would eventually drop the 4-4-2. The midfield three are the obvious strong point, I'm glad he's recognised that, so now he can be called "another stubborn Italian manager that won't change from his beloved 4-4-2 formation". There is a good variety of players from Pepe, Matri and Vucinic up front and they're working quite well with each other.

If Juventus has a more capable left back that will provide an attacking threat (and link up with Vucinic), like Lichtsteiner does on the right, then it could go quite far.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
This 4-3-3 is continuing to convince me even more, it's pretty much how I expected the team to line up after several games and he would eventually drop the 4-4-2. The midfield three are the obvious strong point, I'm glad he's recognised that, so now he can be called "another stubborn Italian manager that won't change from his beloved 4-4-2 formation". There is a good variety of players from Pepe, Matri and Vucinic up front and they're working quite well with each other.

If Juventus has a more capable left back that will provide an attacking threat (and link up with Vucinic), like Lichtsteiner does on the right, then it could go quite far.
we had been saying this since preseason, thankfully he has seen it as well.

and Pirlo is not even playing well yet...

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
Jun 9, 2011
I think you need to factor in the way we tend to play our games. Or wind them down. Today may not be the right example as we were defy itely more solid on the ball vis a vis the last game towards the end. While Quag is being looked at as a player, I am actually seeing him as part of the bigger unit. The way to optimise this team, its movement and consistency, is having personnel cover key positions. By playing your team for 90 minutes every weekend, you will have people taking their places for granted, you will have players getting fatigued, and most importantly, their substitutes will not have the much needed time to find their rhythm. This is not about today. I think it's a pretty rigid outlook, to not play somebody for match time if nothing else, when you are well aware of how much they can contribute to your team. Its an outlook as a coach, where its good to see he's not rigid with his formations, I'd like him to have a si liar outlook to his personnel.
Conte must see something we don't we don't have all the information like him. all I can gather

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Everything he did was spot on tonight and great except for Matri-Esti subs IMO.

If you want to take Matri off, put Ale/Quag in. Vucinic was killing them on the wings and there was no need to move him from there.

Grande Conte.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 181)