Antonio Conte (165 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 10, 2009
Come on guys Conte admitted that he was wrong about Juve, I think it's fair to forgive him now.

Conte: Juventus surprised me

Italy CT Antonio Conte admits that Juventus’ success this season surprised him, and calls the betting scandal a 'painful experience.’

Conte left Turin to take charge of the Azzurri last summer and has since seen his old club complete a domestic double and reach the Champions League final.

“I was aware of the quality and strength of the team, but I thought it would take two or three more years to get far in Europe,” he said at a Press conference ahead of Italy’s Euro 2016 qualifier against Croatia on Friday.

“Let’s say it surprised me, but I knew that he [Massimiliano Allegri] would do well.

“The directors and owners deserve credit as well as Allegri, it was a great season.”

Conte was also asked about the ongoing betting scandal, which has seen his position as Italy Coach put into doubt recently as he could be brought to trial.

“It’s a very painful experience for me,” said the 45-year-old.

“I hope it’s cleared up as soon as possible and I trust that my position will be clarified.

“I also had a search warrant against my house and one day someone will give me an explanation.

“This experience has been going on for four years, let’s hope it ends soon.”

source: http://www.football-italia.net/67523/conte-juventus-surprised-me

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Oh, I haven't needed to forgive him. Even if he did sorta screw us over last summer by suggesting he was leaving, then not, and then leaving with only a few weeks to start the season.

Mar 10, 2009
I guess it depends on why you were angry with him then. For me it was the fact that he rated us so poorly and compared us to 10 euros. But since he's admitted he was wrong about our quality then I guess I can forgive him for that.

Regarding his exit itself, yeah it was annoying, but honestly it worked out better for us anyway, it was clear he had taken us as far as he could have.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
I guess it depends on why you were angry with him then. For me it was the fact that he rated us so poorly and compared us to 10 euros. But since he's admitted he was wrong about our quality then I guess I can forgive him for that.

Regarding his exit itself, yeah it was annoying, but honestly it worked out better for us anyway, it was clear he had taken us as far as he could have.
Thats all there really is to it, worked out better in the end like u said.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
What looked like an abrupt exit for fans was not abrupt at all for management. According to our management themselves, Conte expressed his desire to leave at the end of the season and management told him stay on, see how you feel in pre-season after your break ends and if you still feel you are not up to it then go. Conte did not risk destabilizing the team in mid-preseason. Its management who told him to stay on until pre-season starts. They risked destabilizing the team. They had allegri around as the plan B which gave great results and thats why I am not mad at them.

If Juve had struggled a lot last season, management would be to blame not Conte. You dont reject the resignation of a coach who wants to quit and tell him to make his final decision in preseason and then blame the coach for not changing his mind. That would have been on management not Conte.

Conte's mistake was from underestimating the quality of the squad compared to Europe. I think he overrated the big 3 teams more than he under estimated Juve. He thought they are all at Heynckes' bayern level.

Fake Melo

Ghost Division
Sep 3, 2010
What looked like an abrupt exit for fans was not abrupt at all for management. According to our management themselves, Conte expressed his desire to leave at the end of the season and management told him stay on, see how you feel in pre-season after your break ends and if you still feel you are not up to it then go. Conte did not risk destabilizing the team in mid-preseason. Its management who told him to stay on until pre-season starts. They risked destabilizing the team. They had allegri around as the plan B which gave great results and thats why I am not mad at them.

If Juve had struggled a lot last season, management would be to blame not Conte. You dont reject the resignation of a coach who wants to quit and tell him to make his final decision in preseason and then blame the coach for not changing his mind. That would have been on management not Conte.

Conte's mistake was from underestimating the quality of the squad compared to Europe. I think he overrated the big 3 teams more than he under estimated Juve. He thought they are all at Heynckes' bayern level.
:tup:

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Looking at Inter's new team, if they keep shaqiri or replace with simular quality

I cant help but find that Conte would very easely finish second with this team, well ahead of the competition, not to far of juventus that competes in 3 competitions.

Mancini on the other hand, i can see him miss europe with it

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Conte: 'Not enough Italians'
By Football Italia staff

Antonio Conte warned “it will be difficult for Italy to be competitive” if foreign players continue to dominate Serie A.

The Azzurri Coach spoke to reporters in Rome today and said his job is increasingly tough.

“My worry ahead of qualifying for the 2022 World Cup is how much things have changed since 2006, when Marcello Lippi won the World Cup,” said Conte.

“Back then an Italy Coach had the possibility of choosing around 61-62 Italians from every 100 players. Today that choice has dropped to 33 Italians out of 100.

“This is a real problem and the biggest danger facing Italy today. It will be difficult for Italy to be competitive if we can only pick 33 per cent of the available players. Those figures mean there is a problem and we have to invert the trend.

“Above all in attack the statistics show we have fewer strikers coming through to the Italy squad even at youth level. We’re really struggling there.”

This is why Conte called up a series of Oriundi – South American players of Italian descent – to fill those gaps, including Eder and Franco Vazquez.
--------------

Someone should tell Conte about Berardi.

- - - Updated - - -

Calls up Vazquez but not Berardi?
Last part is hilarious when he talks about strikers, for some reason Del Piero's replacement come to mind Anelka and Bendtner when Ale himself was ready to renew for free.

Mar 10, 2009
Looking at Inter's new team, if they keep shaqiri or replace with simular quality

I cant help but find that Conte would very easely finish second with this team, well ahead of the competition, not to far of juventus that competes in 3 competitions.

Mancini on the other hand, i can see him miss europe with it
Macini and Conte are about the same imo

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I was one of the first that spotted Conte´s weird antics when he started deteriorating after the bayern games.... but mentioning it in those times was almost like heresy.

How times have changed, and it feels good i was right in the end

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
I was one of the first that spotted Conte´s weird antics when he started deteriorating after the bayern games.... but mentioning it in those times was almost like heresy.

Here you go Cronios :cookie:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009

What he is saying about Italy is correct. No one in their right mind can compare the players available to Lippi compared to the players available today in any department. The solution is not to cap the number of foreigners though in the league. If Italians were as talented they'd be making the cut. The problem is probably at a more fundamental and developmental level.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
What he is saying about Italy is correct. No one in their right mind can compare the players available to Lippi compared to the players available today in any department. The solution is not to cap the number of foreigners though in the league. If Italians were as talented they'd be making the cut. The problem is probably at a more fundamental and developmental level.
i was talking about juve

I dont care what he does with Italy. He seems to to have changed one bit.

JuveID

Allegri and Beppe Mania
Feb 5, 2015

It starts again.
Juve has good result, we should thank to conte because he is the one who gave us winning mentality, fondation, etc.
But if juve had bad result this season, we should blame management.

I do not know why this could happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 152)