Antonio Conte (80 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I wouldnt have believed the tired thing if it wasnt Pavel that said it.

But if its the mercato, then yeah im mad because it's Conte who's supposed to be Juve through and through. If another coach screwed us like that, it would just be a dick move, but with him, it feels like betrayal
mercato is one aspect, imo it's about the overall vision and where we are heading and tbh with you as someone whos biggest professional strength is strategy, i too am not convinced by ours unless our mgmt dont mean what they say. Pavel, conte and all the real juve fans will keep things under the lid for the good of juventus. And i have no doubt that are "Juve through and through"

I don't see this happening. What about Blanc? I'd only be Pissed really if he raided our players.
ya i wouldnt liek that either

Buy on AliExpress.com

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
mercato is one aspect, imo it's about the overall vision and where we are heading and tbh with you as someone whos biggest professional strength is strategy, i too am not convinced by ours unless our mgmt dont mean what they say. Pavel, conte and all the real juve fans will keep things under the lid for the good of juventus. And i have no doubt that are "Juve through and through"

ya i wouldnt liek that either
I can't debate with you on strategy but to me the club seems to be one of the best managed in Europe - transfer policy being my only gripe.

And overall vision being long term strategy, im not sure what Conte has to do with that, as we never really believed he would be here that long, or what in that vision would cause such an abrupt change of heart

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I can't debate with you on strategy but to me the club seems to be one of the best managed in Europe - transfer policy being my only gripe.

And overall vision being long term strategy, im not sure what Conte has to do with that, as we never really believed he would be here that long, or what in that vision would cause such an abrupt change of heart

it's not abrupt by any stretch, and it might be managed well from a books balancing perspective(just ask udinese) but from a sporting one we are not any closer to being an elite club, and this is where our strategy comes into play, this why i said maybe we shouldnt believe our mgmt when they say we aim to be in the elite. Our window to capitalize on the core of this group is closing and that means even more years in the process of rebuilding with the real threat of of slipping into oblivion. say for a reason or another we dont make CL this year, or even worse for the next 2 years, do you think we can recover from that in even 10 years time? mind you the books will be balanced.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
it's not abrupt by any stretch, and it might be managed well from a books balancing perspective(just ask udinese) but from a sporting one we are not any closer to being an elite club, and this is where our strategy comes into play, this why i said maybe we shouldnt believe our mgmt when they say we aim to be in the elite. Our window to capitalize on the core of this group is closing and that means even more years in the process of rebuilding with the real threat of of slipping into oblivion. say for a reason or another we dont make CL this year, or even worse for the next 2 years, do you think we can recover from that in even 10 years time? mind you the books will be balanced.
I don't know how we can expected to compete with the mega revenue clubs :boh: Take risks investing to build a team to win now with borrowed money?

And I'm still no clearer on why Conte's timing was acceptable

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
I don't know how we can expected to compete with the mega revenue clubs :boh: Take risks investing to build a team to win now with borrowed money?

And I'm still no clearer on why Conte's timing was acceptable
not saying we should do that but at least that would make sense with the goal of becoming an elite team, what kind of message about our ambitions do we send our marquee players and otehr teams when our potential signing of the summer is candreva?

facts, conte wanted to leave in may. mgmt convinced him to stay(i wonder how). after coming back, and seeing the state fo things he decides to leave. What do you see missing here?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
I see that it's kinda selfish :p

After all, his failures in the CL affected this mercato. But anyway, all that's been fought over before. I just hope he doesn't go PSG and that the bridges with the club aren't burnt

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
I see that it's kinda selfish :p

After all, his failures in the CL affected this mercato. But anyway, all that's been fought over before. I just hope he doesn't go PSG and that the bridges with the club aren't burnt
not true, someone posted over in the financial thread I think that we only got like 5m or 10m less than RM from CL last season even though they won. I guess maybe we could have got a bit more if we went further but it's not like we got a pittance (over 50m I think)

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Were you asking me when you posted this?

My bad.

There was nothing to get over, because everyone knew that it was going to happen. It wasn't just a sudden turn of events out of nowhere that Alex just said "Welp, I'm gone"

Now, Baggio, on the other hand. Oh boy, that upset me. Especially with the way I found out, with my stupid Romanista cousin calling me from Italy saying "They Sold Baggio to Milan!!! They sold Baggio to MIlan!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH"

Lucky for her, she's hot.

Just saying.
:shifty:

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
An elite team doesnt just do well in the CL, they also generate mega-revenues and have their say in the transfer market. We could have had a complete squad that can do some serious damage in the CL if all the money was pooled towards winning the CL rather than restructuring the squad. But we could very well collapse very soon.

I agree with mgmt on the transfer strategy, though I was hoping the restructuring would be done by Conte rather than under allegri. If Conte wanted to be our SAF he would have stayed and restructured the team over and over again until we have the financial power to compete with the elites. I completely understand if he wants to move on and have more resources available to him.

He would do great with PSG's squad and resources. They just bought a bonnuci in David Luiz too.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
not saying we should do that but at least that would make sense with the goal of becoming an elite team, what kind of message about our ambitions do we send our marquee players and otehr teams when our potential signing of the summer is candreva?

facts, conte wanted to leave in may. mgmt convinced him to stay(i wonder how). after coming back, and seeing the state fo things he decides to leave. What do you see missing here?
Haven't seen this , is this from the words Nedved said that Conte is tired?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
An elite team doesnt just do well in the CL, they also generate mega-revenues and have their say in the transfer market. We could have had a complete squad that can do some serious damage in the CL if all the money was pooled towards winning the CL rather than restructuring the squad. But we could very well collapse very soon.

I agree with mgmt on the transfer strategy, though I was hoping the restructuring would be done by Conte rather than under allegri. If Conte wanted to be our SAF he would have stayed and restructured the team over and over again until we have the financial power to compete with the elites. I completely understand if he wants to move on and have more resources available to him.

He would do great with PSG's squad and resources. They just bought a bonnuci in David Luiz too.

how did man united become an elite team?

- - - Updated - - -

Haven't seen this , is this from the words Nedved said that Conte is tired?
sunday he wasnt tired enough, tuesday he was.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
sunday he wasnt tired enough, tuesday he was.
Making a decision to quit a job of our magnitude surely take a time to think over, so basically its not a fact but a theory from yourself.

I don't see Conte taking any other team for the time being, unless its the NT which is less tiring and I am with Nedved that he probably was tired due to numerous reasons (motiivation, mercato, etc) which we will only find out in the future.

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
how did man united become an elite team?

- - - Updated - - -

Amazing patience and unrivaled commitment from the coach. SAF restructured the team a million times in his tenure and very rarely was it done by purchasing top peak-level talents. Almost every United top player was never a star in europe before coming to United. Rooney and RVP are rare exceptions and that was even long after they became a financial powerhorse.
The madrid model is brilliant only if you can sustain being filthy rich at all times other wise you'll do an inter where you win a major trophy and suddenly find that your team's core is very old and you need hundreds of millions to replace them all without collapsing.

I think we are following the United approach to a great extent... just at a smaller scale and we have a few years ahead of us before we can become like Manu. If only Conte had stayed indefinitely and phased out Pirlo, Barzagli & Buffon first before visiting Tevez, Chiellini, Vidal and Pogba.
I cant trust allegri to do this restructuring.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Making a decision to quit a job of our magnitude surely take a time to think over, so basically its not a fact but a theory from yourself.

I don't see Conte taking any other team for the time being, unless its the NT which is less tiring and I am with Nedved that he probably was tired due to numerous reasons (motiivation, mercato, etc) which we will only find out in the future.
ok fair enough but the bold too is theory. How likely is it that hes been tired this whole time only for him to leave the 2nd day of training without any particular reason?

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
Amazing patience and unrivaled commitment from the coach. SAF restructured the team a million times in his tenure and very rarely was it done by purchasing top peak-level talents. Almost every United top player was never a star in europe before coming to United. Rooney and RVP are rare exceptions and that was even long after they became a financial powerhorse.
The madrid model is brilliant only if you can sustain being filthy rich at all times other wise you'll do an inter where you win a major trophy and suddenly find that your team's core is very old and you need hundreds of millions to replace them all without collapsing.

I think we are following the United approach to a great extent... just at a smaller scale and we have a few years ahead of us before we can become like Manu. If only Conte had stayed indefinitely and phased out Pirlo, Barzagli & Buffon first before visiting Tevez, Chiellini, Vidal and Pogba.
I cant trust allegri to do this restructuring.
more importantly man u built its model(even financial) on footballistic success, and nobody has an idea of that more than the coach himself, and that is another reason, like you pointed out, why man u was so successful their coach was also their manager, so he knew exactly what would make his team better and how far they could get. but allegri is not the one doing the restructuring, thats the reason why hes here in the first place. It;s on marotta and agnelli so far, and i wouldnt trust them on a footballistic level.

ZoSo

TSUUUUUUU
Jul 11, 2011
Bit of third cousin lovin never hurt anyone.
:D

more importantly man u built its model(even financial) on footballistic success, and nobody has an idea of that more than the coach himself, and that is another reason, like you pointed out, why man u was so successful their coach was also their manager, so he knew exactly what would make his team better and how far they could get. but allegri is not the one doing the restructuring, thats the reason why hes here in the first place. It;s on marotta and agnelli so far, and i wouldnt trust them on a footballistic level.
I think we're going to get a good view of their 'football-istic' :D intentions if they sell Vidal without his intent to leave. fair enough if he wants to leave but I really don't think that will be the case if true, he said last week he can stay at Juve for life. if we sell our best player in his prime then their intentions will be clear, especially for the rumoured fees of around 50m which won't get us shit for replacements. 1 CM and 1 AM at best.

AOD4

Nov 24, 2004
ok fair enough but the bold too is theory. How likely is it that hes been tired this whole time only for him to leave the 2nd day of training without any particular reason?
Right now its just speculations , with only Nedved coming out and giving something close to a reason. So far we haven't heard from anyone else. Only time will tell, if he was tired or he had any other particular reason.

If the argument is about Conte quitting over the lack of ambition of the board, which is the only team that owns a Stadium in Italy, only team with a footballing academy, only team that is able to strengthen the team every single season without losing any stars, then no every team in Italy is lack of ambition. Then I can't blame him for wanting the likes of PSG or Man City.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I don't understand the arguments here. Obviously we have unlimited ambition. But we don't have unlimited money. So we have to build gradually. It's common sense.

The progress we made in 3 short years has been astronomical under this management. I don't see how anyone can complain about them when you look where we are now compared to where we used to be 3 years ago.

You want to talk about Man Utd's "footballistic" ambition? FFS, we stole the best young player in the world right from under their noses. They coaxed Scholes out of retirement rather than give Pogba a chance at the big team.

Ya, I think I'll pass on Man U's footballistic whatever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 64)