Antonio Conte (42 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
Yeah, the saddest part of the loss is the comments of the coach. He should take in what he saw and improve not cling to his own ideas and blame everyone else. That kind of thinking is stubborn and won't get us forward.
Conte's stubborness is clearly seen in Bonucci's long balls, he just cant say fuck you Leonadro, stop doing it, it is not worth it.

And one thing, as soon as Conte gets criticied more you will see how defensive he is, and that will drive him from Juve because he strikes me as a person who is not going to let anyone criticise him as lets say the media did with Moyes.
I dont think he is willing to endure two or three seasons without trophy with us and all the critics that will go along with that, that's why he wont ever be "our Ferguson" because he will leave as soon as that happen, he is charachter like that. sadly.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #31,024
    We played fairly well. Could have easily won it and scored two or three. Benfica were harmless but we just did not get the goal needed. I was proud of the team and we owe everything to conte for where we are as a team. We will continue to improve and he will continue to fight for us.
    In the first half, perhaps. We were quite embarrassing in the second half.

But oh well, I'll take the Scudetto. This season was a major choke in Europe but hopefully we'll at least pull something positive from it -- and that is our approach to European competitions. I really hope we're getting the players we need for the next season because we've seen on way too many occasions that this team is far from perfect. But even before we buy the new players, I'd love to see the old Juve mentality in our players simply because they play like they don't care at all. Just compare it with Conte's first season when he arrived and you'll see two totally different things. One might say it's hard to motivate when you win 2 straight Scudetti, and it is true, but what we've been seeing is failure in Europe where I expect to see hunger to win.

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    people need to step back and look at his work with the bigger picture.

in 3 seasons he has won 3 league titles, reached a Coppa Italia final, a CL quarterfinal and an EL semifinal.

despite being a completely unproven and inexperienced coach.

he is still also very much a work in progress.

petersmit

Mar 14, 2006

in 3 seasons he has won 3 league titles, reached a Coppa Italia final, a CL quarterfinal and an EL semifinal.

and 2 supercoppa's...

but yes.. I agree

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013
    We played fairly well. Could have easily won it and scored two or three. Benfica were harmless but we just did not get the goal needed. I was proud of the team and we owe everything to conte for where we are as a team. We will continue to improve and he will continue to fight for us.
    I completely disagree. We played terrible football, I don't remember if we had even one clear goal scoring chance. And where exactly is the team if we can't beat any team in Europe? I don't think there are any clear indications that Juve will improve under Conte, in fact I think it will be the complete opposite.

If Benfica were harmless, so were we. And don't forget that they didn't need to score.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
    Feb 12, 2006
    I completely disagree. We played terrible football, I don't remember if we had even one clear goal scoring chance. And where exactly is the team if we can't beat any team in Europe? I don't think there are any clear indications that Juve will improve under Conte, in fact I think it will be the complete opposite.

If Benfica were harmless, so were we. And don't forget that they didn't need to score.
    Let me guess you only started to follow Juve about 2 months ago

- - - Updated - - -

Finally someone is talking sense around here

samfisher5

Jan 30, 2013

He won three league titles, but in a very uncompetitive league. A EL SF cannot be considered a success by any means, and so was our QF last year imo. But again, you are talking about achievements, I am talking about the way we play. Juve is playing terrible football under Conte and that is so obvious.

What do you mean by "a work in progress" ? A football coach is either good or not, all the experience in the world won't make you a skillful coach. Look at what Capello did with Milan in the early 90s, then Lippi with Juve etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Let me guess you only started to follow Juve about 2 months ago
    More like 15 years.

Rabbit

Secure The Bag
    Jun 8, 2010
    It's all cupcakes and roses destroying Serie A teams but when will we perform in the Champions League? I'll give Conte one more season, I don't care what he does in Italy, I want to see what he does in Europe. If he fails next season then he has to go.

ravipiero

Mar 2, 2014
    IMO, nothing wrong with 3-5-2 formation. Its just we don't have right player at right position, especially for asamoah and licht which are forced to play not in their native role. Also, pirlo's position sometimes kinda useless and can be substituted with a playmaker, second striker or even a striker with 3-4-1-2 or 3-4-3 formation.
    If Conte is insisting on using 3-5-2, Juve should buy WB with Maicon or Marcelo explosive style. Isla actually suits this role, but he seems to be forgetting how he used to play football in Udinese. Also a good creative midfielder or playmaker to increase the options and allow tactical alternatives.

Although I agree, current trend in football is using only 1 striker. To fully utilize 4-3-3, we need at least 2 winger and one left full-back. I know Vucinic, Tevez, and Gio can play winger position, but I doubt it will be better than Asamoah and Licht play in Wing Back.

Anyway, we were poor in both games (by our standard) and deserved to loose. I'm not blaming anyone here, especially Conte. He has done an incredible job in Juve. There is still more time for him to learn from his experience and bring more glory to us especially in Europe.

Now lets forget this and prepare to celebrate 32 Sul Campo on Monday.

WΏΏdy?

Dec 23, 2005
    Beyond embarassing comments from Conte, he is comming out as a really sore loser.

Benfica deserved to go through to the final, or in fact we did not deserve to play the final on Benfica's expense.

- - - Updated - - -

Why would they look at the bigger picture when all they want to do is try desperately to look cool?

Raz

Nov 20, 2005

That's not that bad, however I dislike the way we crashed out of Europe and how we played there. Plus the comments after going out aren't that positive ether.

napoleonic

Sep 7, 2010
    I'm quite baffled with the notion some people keep saying here about conte learning from his experience.

learning about what exactly?

how to motivate? uh isn't that was supposedly one of his strength already?

playing high pressing football? he already done that in the 1st season.

making the team he coached play anything other than 3-5-2? oh but wasn't he known for his 4-2-4 earlier in his career and that he also made juve played with 4-3-3?

learning about european competition? what exactly does this mean? this is honestly an over used over hyped exaggerated notion often said here... many people make it seem like as if european competition is some kind of alien's football that is completely alien and in stark contrast with the national league juventus yearly compete in :lol: it's just bullshit really... don't forget that conte himself played on those european competitions, to give you other perspective, mourinho was a provincial player who never played in european competition or any of the top leagues :rofl: yet we didn't see mourinho being 'alien' to top competitions and needed 'to learn' :rofl: now, doesn't this learning to compete in europe excuse actually totally ridiculous?

Ahmed

Principino
    Sep 3, 2006
    He won three league titles, but in a very uncompetitive league. A EL SF cannot be considered a success by any means, and so was our QF last year imo. But again, you are talking about achievements, I am talking about the way we play. Juve is playing terrible football under Conte and that is so obvious.

What do you mean by "a work in progress" ? A football coach is either good or not, all the experience in the world won't make you a skillful coach. Look at what Capello did with Milan in the early 90s, then Lippi with Juve etc.

- - - Updated - - -

how long did it take SAF at United to win his first title and then win in Europe?

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
    or Ancelotti for that matter. Capello too, or Wenger... all those top managers took heynkess god know how many years too...

Winning in Europe is hard as fuck...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 39)