Antonio Conte (326 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
did Juve under capello show up? or what about Juve under ferrara in europe did either one of them show up? funnily enough neither of those managers played 3-5-2 in fact I would argue both managers did worse in europe with Juve than Conte so far
Again, why the fuck should we compare ourselves to before? So if we were shit before, it's good to be less shitty now? Is that what you're saying?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I never said that. again putting words in other people's mouths.
no but you are implying that the heynckes 4-2-3-1 is the mother of all formations and that is the secret to CL success. as i said the best teams are those whos manager can get the best out of what they have within a system they create. If we were to start playing something other than the 3-5-2 from here on in I guarantee you we wouldn't win half as many games as that with the 3-5-2 and why? because this team knows how to win with it, just as barca do with their 4-3-3 and so forth. until we actually sign players that will allow tactical flexibility crying out for a change now will do more harm than good

donpiero

Stella D'Argento
Jul 3, 2009
The thing you clearly fail to see is that European Competitions aren't like Serie A. In these competitions you actually have to show up and play good to win.
All that needs to be said.

Just bcuz we pass a coupla lame-ass second rate european noobs in EL doesn't mean we're gonna walk our way to CL glory with this crappy brand of football. On the contrary the struggles we have against these crappy teams shows we'll get own by top CL contenders if we continue playing like this.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
All that needs to be said.

Just bcuz we pass a coupla lame-ass second rate european noobs in EL doesn't mean we're gonna walk our way to CL glory with this crappy brand of football. On the contrary the struggles we have against these crappy teams shows we'll get own by top CL contenders if we continue playing like this.
:tup: And on that note, I'm going to sleep.

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
Conte has already had to ditch his favoured 4-2-4 (442) and the 4-3-3 for this system because it works and results have shown that. until Juve are able to make adequate moves in the market to allow for more flexibility Conte can only work with what he has.
conte ditched the 424 and 433 only because he had an awful leftback and a injured pepe. if he had a proper winger and leftback we would still have won the scudettos because the level of our squad is a lot better than all Italian teams. If you throw in a Bayern in this league they would have taken our 3 scudettos right away... why? because they have a better quality team than us. the quality of our team determined the win of the scudettos.

another example could be allegri's Milan when they won. they had a quality player and that was the ONLY reason why they won it. their squad was the best compared to the whole other serie A.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
conte ditched the 424 and 433 only because he had an awful leftback and a injured pepe. if he had a proper winger and leftback we would still have won the scudettos because the level of our squad is a lot better than all Italian teams. If you throw in a Bayern in this league they would have taken our 3 scudettos right away... why? because they have a better quality team than us. the quality of our team determined the win of the scudettos.

another example could be allegri's Milan when they won. they had a quality player and that was the ONLY reason why they won it. their squad was the best compared to the whole other serie A.
bayern have been building their team for some years now, which is what Juve are doing right now, bayern's CL winning team wasn't built in one or 2 seasons you know? so ofc if bayern were in serie A they would win the league, just as Juve would if they were playing in azerbaijan. the fact is though if bayern were a serie A side they wouldn't get the same funding or revenue as they do now as a German side which has aided them to building their team

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
no but you are implying that the heynckes 4-2-3-1 is the mother of all formations and that is the secret to CL success. as i said the best teams are those whos manager can get the best out of what they have within a system they create. If we were to start playing something other than the 3-5-2 from here on in I guarantee you we wouldn't win half as many games as that with the 3-5-2 and why? because this team knows how to win with it, just as barca do with their 4-3-3 and so forth. until we actually sign players that will allow tactical flexibility crying out for a change now will do more harm than good
im a telling you that this 352 is tactically disadvantages against a 4231. tell me why most of the teams that win the CL used the 4231. no fucking team has won this with the 352 and there is a reason. we are at the most confident level of 352 we can be but still we cant dominate against a lyon side. please stop.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Can't you Conte critics just realize that we're not the finished article yet? It's 3 years since the Delneri shambles for crying out loud, and we've come a long way since then. But we also have some way to go still before we can realistically dream of winning the Champions League. But great things are happening, we are winning important titles and I'm sure we're building something great here at the club. Step out of your panic mode and enjoy the ride, ffs.

At least be content tonight, we're in our first european semi final in 11 years!

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
im a telling you that this 352 is tactically disadvantages against a 4231. tell me why most of the teams that win the CL used the 4231. no fucking team has won this with the 352 and there is a reason. we are at the most confident level of 352 we can be but still we cant dominate against a lyon side. please stop.
funny that, I recall Juve beating milan recently with a 352 against a 4-2-3-1 just as i recall Juve getting smashed by bayern with a 4-2-3-1 formation under Ferrara

- - - Updated - - -

Can't you Conte critics just realize that we're not the finished article yet? It's 3 years since the Delneri shambles for crying out loud, and we've come a long way since then. But we also have some way to go still before we can realistically dream of winning the Champions League. But great things are happening, we are winning important titles and I'm sure we're building something great here at the club. Step out of your panic mode and enjoy the ride, ffs.

At least be content tonight, we're in our first european semi final in 11 years!
I know right? some people honestly believe that Rome was built in a day, and that barca and Bayern built CL winning teams in 1 summer...

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
bayern have been building their team for some years now, which is what Juve are doing right now, bayern's CL winning team wasn't built in one or 2 seasons you know? so ofc if bayern were in serie A they would win the league, just as Juve would if they were playing in azerbaijan. the fact is though if bayern were a serie A side they wouldn't get the same funding or revenue as they do now as a German side which has aided them to building their team
so what? we have been building since we came back from serie A and spent millions. now that we are astable we need to that push that would take us to the next level just like Bayern did in 09/10 where they brought in the likes of robben, gomez etc... we are a pretty well build side but we are few steps away from being elite.

Dino_mk

Sep 5, 2007
In tonight's game Lion played just a right game to counter Juve tactics. They where deliberate leaving Bonucci alone while marking all other players. That worked for them until there was enough energy in their legs to run and cover all Juve's on and off ball movement.
Do you really think Conte don't know this fact and that there are few teams that can run more and longer than our players.
How many times have we seen this in serieA, it usually happens after 60 minutes of play, it happened tonight so we started playing better.
From tactical point this was good enough against team of Lion caliber.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
All i can say is is all good and dandy when we win... but we definitely need to have a personality. We need to impose our game.

We simply cannot get schooled in our own turf by a team that supposedly should be shitting their pants by facing us and needing a result to go thru,.

Its worrysome that our own players know we are in shambles and theres no way to up our gameplay, specially now that we are coming close to the end of the season...and will duck it out against really dangerous teams in the Europa league.

I wanna hope for the best... but i dont know if Conte will be up to the task and fire up the guys for what is coming

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
funny that, I recall Juve beating milan recently with a 352 against a 4-2-3-1 just as i recall Juve getting smashed by bayern with a 4-2-3-1 formation under Ferrara

- - - Updated - - -

I know right? some people honestly believe that Rome was built in a day, and that barca and Bayern built CL winning teams in 1 summer...
that's why I say that the quality of the players give us the edge in SERIE A. if we match a team in Europe we looked like peanuts.

- - - Updated - - -

Yea I highly doubt that
why?

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
so what? we have been building since we came back from serie A and spent millions. now that we are astable we need to that push that would take us to the next level just like Bayern did in 09/10 where they brought in the likes of robben, gomez etc... we are a pretty well build side but we are few steps away from being elite.
again you fail to understand the economic advantage bayern have over Juve or any Italian side for that matter. The fact that Juve are the pioneers of the future of italian football should be something to be proud of. our rebuild will take longer than bayerns simply because we don't have the same financial clout as them, largely of which is down to external issues out of our control but at least we are doing something about it, being the first to own our own stadium etc... This will take time! and right now we have every reason to believe that we're going in the right direction, if you can't accept that simple fact then you are supporting the wrong club

rakib567

Apr 27, 2013
again you fail to understand the economic advantage bayern have over Juve or any Italian side for that matter. The fact that Juve are the pioneers of the future of italian football should be something to be proud of. our rebuild will take longer than bayerns simply because we don't have the same financial clout as them, largely of which is down to external issues out of our control but at least we are doing something about it, being the first to own our own stadium etc... This will take time! and right now we have every reason to believe that we're going in the right direction, if you can't accept that simple fact then you are supporting the wrong club
im not expecting juve to go and spend 80m and 2 or 3 players but I do expect juve to spend around 20m of their own money every season slowly without selling their best assets. plus a lot of souting work to find the best talents.

a buy like shaqiri would really make a huge difference for example. these are the deals I want to see juve do.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
im not expecting juve to go and spend 80m and 2 or 3 players but I do expect juve to spend around 20m of their own money every season slowly without selling their best assets. plus a lot of souting work to find the best talents.

a buy like shaqiri would really make a huge difference for example. these are the deals I want to see juve do.
what do you think we have been doing the last 3 seasons?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 311)