Antonio Conte (157 Viewers)

How would you rate Conte's (dis)appointment?

Results are only viewable after voting.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
What do you mean about Melo, that he lacks character or does not fits in the plans Contes has for our team?
Maybe too defensive, too one dimensional? What exactly Melo cant offer that Marchisio or even worse Piacenza can?
Character. Petulance, arrogance, emo, etc all from someone who never won ****.

Conte has made it clear he wants a team that will shape to his will, not the other way around. That's why he wasn't so praising of Pirlo when we signed him, why he put down Ziegler when Zig thought he would be guaranteed a start, why he picked out Giac as his 'ethic avatar' for the team, Why he vetoed ready made players like Vargas/Bastos who would come as entitled starters.

Conte knows he doesn't have the 'world status' of a Fergie, Mou etc so he can't risk egos like Melo fkng the fabric he's trying to create.

Marchisio is completely irrelevant.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #2,903
    Am I the only who sees a bit of Manchester United in this Juve? I mean the playing style... we have the possession but we don't play like Barca. To me it looks like a minor Manure, like a balanced squad with strong players and with everyone who fights.

I love it.

ALC

Ohaulick
    Oct 28, 2010
    As in we press a lot, especially towards the end of the game.

It's a little different as their wings actually offer a lot of danger while most of our opportunities come only from Pirlo.

deggen10

Jul 27, 2011
    Is it just me or does the team try to play faster than they can at times?

They seem to get overexcited and loses possession.
    Yes they do but it's a key part of plan. The aim is top 3 and while the other squads may have the advantage in top end player quality... Juve has an advantage in age/speed/squad size and it's vital that they make use of this.

You won't see another team in serie a this year get 82% pos. with 10 men. It's also the perfect method to make this team a European power again.

Just remember Udinese lost their first 5 games and then finished the last season the most in-form team.

AndreaCristiano

Nato, Vive, e muore Italiano
    Jun 9, 2011
    Yes they do but it's a key part of plan. The aim is top 3 and while the other squads may have the advantage in top end player quality... Juve has an advantage in age/speed/squad size and it's vital that they make use of this.

You won't see another team in serie a this year get 82% pos. with 10 men. It's also the perfect method to make this team a European power again.

Just remember Udinese lost their first 5 games and then finished the last season the most in-form team.
    82% still amazes me

frick

Apr 4, 2010
    Am I the only who sees a bit of Manchester United in this Juve? I mean the playing style... we have the possession but we don't play like Barca. To me it looks like a minor Manure, like a balanced squad with strong players and with everyone who fights.

I love it.
    To me looks like Conte combines anything he can find that he likes. Conte had already said in an interview that he watched a lot of European football matches, including Barca and MU.
    You can find a little bit of Barca's beautiful link-up play and United's neat organized play in there.

It could be 82% for 2nd half, Juve controlled the game more compared to 1st half. The last minutes it's always Juve on the attack.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
    Sep 21, 2008
    Well there's no way Bologna had 38% possession. Keep in mind we had like 5 corners in a row at one point. That's like 5 minutes straight with the ball.

El Santo

El Enmascarado de Plata
    Nov 26, 2008

I love it.
    I believe that we're just trying to play like the dominant Juve of the late 90s. With grit and determination and the refusal to lose a match. The same Juventus that Manchester United strived to be like.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 145)