Antonio Conte (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hopefully we off load some of our CMs for cash....I am liking our transfers so far though.

Diego, Canna, probably Guberti if Conte comes. Marchionni out maybe for Pandev. Criscito hopefully coming back. That is 5 players already:)

Now for the defense, our money that we get from selling some CMs would be useful unless we include some CMs in the deals for a defender.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Hopefully we off load some of our CMs for cash....I am liking our transfers so far though.

Diego, Canna, probably Guberti if Conte comes. Marchionni out maybe for Pandev. Criscito hopefully coming back. That is 5 players already:)

Now for the defense, our money that we get from selling some CMs would be useful unless we include some CMs in the deals for a defender.
Why Guberti? No need for the guy. Or do you mean as a back up?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
According to La Gazzetta della Sport: Conte was in a meeting with the board last night and discussed what players they should get for next season.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
According to La Gazzetta della Sport: Conte was in a meeting with the board last night and discussed what players they should get for next season.
they just offered me a contract. I declined on the premise of no appearance fee's were in the contract for me. I need to speak to my agent. I should be a juve player soon.

PS> I am a defender

Me>>>>>>Cannavaro:snoop:

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
So far, we have seen no action to replace Legro, Grygera, Molinaro and Marchionni from our starting eleven.
Conte is not a master tactician that can compete with Mourinho and beat his team with that lesser material.

ATM, our situation is far from optimal.

The next players that will join us are essential to our cause!
The inexperienced coach does not guarantees that we will take maximum advantage of our players and consider that many of those players are not good enough to make the difference by themselves => we are in deep trouble!

We must improve the quality percentage of our starters at all costs!
No more back ups, no more quick fixes!

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I like that, but we had wishful strategies deployed in the past before, but they never came even remotely close to what happened.
I d be please with that situation. But so far the facts are:
-We seem likely to get Conte, an inexperience coach, not an upgrade to the coach we already had. This indicates lack of ambition and tolerance to mediocrity.
Just another attempt two appease the fans and make the wasting of one more year tolerable... No planning for the the future, with limited coach and players as starters, there cant be no competitive future...
-No real interest on wingbacks and the Criscito situation is much more complicated than it should. And even if he comes, are we sure that he is getting a guaranteed spot, or even chances to prove his value in our left flank?
-RB should have been our number one priority and i want to see smth concrete about it, as soon as our new coach is announced!
-CB, unfortunately Canna means that we are not going to make a investment there after Andrade, we are stack with quick fixes, for at least two more years...
-RM I dont consider Pandev as a RM, he might be used there in a 4-2-4 though, but i dont see it happen, if treze takes the boot and DP sidelined, we will use him as a forward, because we will need a forward. And when camo will be injured/suspended, which will be the case most probably.
Marchionni will be the next in the pecking order.
I havent seen much of Guberti and i hope that he is as good as you ppl rate him to be...
-CF, Amauri is not as prolific as Treze/DP, DP is one step closer to the bench/retirement and if we offload Treze, we will need another finisher.
Quaq and Cassano are not eligible for the job and they seem to be our priorities.
They will only add some extra, unneeded depth, to our stacked up, SS stock, (DP, Iaq, Giovinco and IMO, even Amauri as far as goalscoring is concerned)
No real upgrade, but they would absorve a large quantity of our funds and transfer attention/focus/planning, as a number 1 priority.
-Our announced priority is to buy as many Italians as we can, even if that is not in our best interest. Atm, the current Italian generation is not as competitive as before. It is the worst time to overate and overpay for someone, just for the seer fact that he is Italian.
-Secco has never proven himself for two things; Able to admit his mistakes and attempt the junk he loaded us with and able to sell one of our players for a decent price!
I dont see him selling Tiago and Almiron, as easy as ppl think and i dont believe that he will make any kind of profit, that would fund a possible starter.
-And finally, our number 2 priority atm, considering our admitted interest and previous transfer strategy, is one more unwanted DM/CM.
That would absolutely ruin our plans to create your team, because let say, that Secco somehow makes a decent sum from the sales of Treze, Tiago, Palla and Almiron and Elkann authorizes him to use some extra cash, in order to buy a starlet that would appease the fans and make Lapo look like a new messiah...
He will ask for Cassano, he will spend an enormous amount of cash and time to finalize the deal and in the remaining time, we will only search for another squad CM like D'agostino.

To summarize:
-We are adding a new pawn as our coach and keep the same core in our helm.
-Being young and inexperienced, chances are that he will have even less power to influence our board for our transfer decisions, even less than CR, who was somewhat proven and prestigious, comparing to a baby coach that Conte is...
-We dont seem to realize that the issue of the past three years was our defense.
There is still no plans of making any proper investments there and our team wont be improved if we dont fix that major issue first.
Even if Conte sees that, he will be most probably ignored, because our priorities are to create an offensive/impressive to watch team, full with ineffective cheap Italians...
-We are going to sell a forward and spend that cash and even more for a new one,
that wold be our number one priority, after the acquisition of a "champion" in the defense and a WC player in the midfield.
-The leftovers will be thrown to a cheap Italian midfielder, someone able to give more depth in our squad and serve our new coaches plans...

To conclude, personally, i like your thoughts, but i dont see them possible, for the above reasons...

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Whoa, what's so bad about Conte? I didn't really follow Bari, but it seems that they've been in good hands. I'm a bit biased towards Ferrara, because of his charisma and attitude, but Antonio would be my second choice now, when Gasperini looks to be out of the race. He was a captain, a commanding midfielder (no, not thinking about Guardiola here) and he has to know at least as much about reading a game as a former central back Ciro. Sure, we risk a lot, but I wouldn't say we would be safer with Spal or any other available(!) coach.
Speaking about Conte, what's so special about this Guberti guy who is about to follow him? Is he better than Lanzafame, who seems to do well under Conte? I wouldn't mind having Lanza and Iago as backups to Camoranesi, though I'm not sure if he's still in our hands.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Hmmm
-He is not a proven coach
-He is not a proven winner
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid silly mistakes.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid unnecessary risks.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle world class players.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to create an optimal pre-season training schedule for a competitive team of the highest level
(we might not want to run out of fuel by the end of a full season)
-He doesnt have the necessary exp and tactic proficience to compete with a master tactician, like Mourinho.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle the pressure of a competitive team.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige and exp to handle the media, that usually rage war against us, when we are close to the top.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige to impose his will to our board and save us from their horrific actions.

Should i go on??

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
There is a few out there who is available. Tell me who you'd consider for the job.
Within Serie A, Spalletti, Gasperini, Prandelli and Mazzarri are all less of a gamble than Conte.

Even someone like Zenga would be a safer option.

May 22, 2009
If people were thinking like you then the world would not have football coaches. Capello was a risky chance that Milan took, Barca took a chance with Guardiola this year.

You can also think about that there are not so many available coaches who can take the charge over Juve. Spalletti is a joke, he´s a disaster and i really dont want to see him at Juves bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)