Status
Not open for further replies.

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Hmmm
-He is not a proven coach
-He is not a proven winner
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid silly mistakes.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid unnecessary risks.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle world class players.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to create an optimal pre-season training schedule for a competitive team of the highest level
(we might not want to run out of fuel by the end of a full season)
-He doesnt have the necessary exp and tactic proficience to compete with a master tactician, like Mourinho.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle the pressure of a competitive team.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige and exp to handle the media, that usually rage war against us, when we are close to the top.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige to impose his will to our board and save us from their horrific actions.

Should i go on??
Sure things, but only the last one really concerns me. All the others could be said about Lippi in '95, Mourinho in 2002 or Guardiola in 2009 :) I mean, we don't have much choice, we are taking risk in 2009/10 no matter what, thats for sure. As for handling the media, I feel that Ferrara would have a much better press, a nice guy and a gentleman comparing to Conte.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
If people were thinking like you then the world would not have football coaches. Capello was a risky chance that Milan took, Barca took a chance with Guardiola this year.

You can also think about that there are not so many available coaches who can take the charge over Juve. Spalletti is a joke, he´s a disaster and i really dont want to see him at Juves bench.
And for every one decision of that type that worked, dozens didn't.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
What do you guys think about Roberto Mancini? He is a winner, young and got fired by Inter for no reason. I know he coached Inter but so did Lippi and Trap, and if anything, I think Mancini really wants to get his revenge and what better way to do so then make Juve champions?

Plusvalenza

The Photoshop Pervert
Jan 6, 2009
Sorry, but NO, if you ask me. I get your point, but it would be my personal drama. From Capello and especially Ranieri I learned that it's not that easy to love and support a team and hate its coach in the same time.

Just take a risk and enjoy a juventino as a coach. I say lets have some frenzy season now when we already have a crazy signing of Da Cunha. All we risk is another second place in a poor Serie A, which I can handle well if it comes with a passion, ambition and without Ranieri-like post-match comments.

Bisco

Nov 21, 2005
Conte giving up the Bari job is a very glaring indicator that he will become coach of Juventus
:agree: thats the way i see it to be honest. bec there is no way he would leave bari if he was'nt certain he will be sitting on juve's bench next season

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Ah well, all we can do is wait and see how he does. Then we can complain / say how glad we are that he proved us wrong.

Btw, anyone can tell me what's his team's playing style like? i.e. passing style, defence.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Sampdoria
Atalanta
Catania
Napoli (maybe)

?
My point exactly, all the low table teams, that have nothing to lose and would rather take a gamble, they cant afford anything better anyway.
Thats the definition of a small time, team mentality...

I think our board is inspired by the Barca success.
If thats the case, then its plain stupidity, for one Pepe, 10 have failed.
Its not like its a 50-50 bet. Even that would have been unacceptable atm
Why should we make another major risk now? Like the DD and CR werent enough...
Are we such a small club, that we have to rely on desperate measures all the time??
After 3 years in serie, flirting with the 2# and having a CL group spot guaranteed, cant we find a proper coach??
We need results NOW and obviously dont have the patience to build a competitive team gradually. Our transfer planning indicates that.
We are full of quick fixes, meant to have an optimal result rather sooner, than later.
It makes no sense to take such a underwhelming gamble, with so unfavorable odds...

Every small and desperate team will dream of finding the new Pepe, they have nothing to lose, but do we?

sateeh

Day Walker
Jul 28, 2003
The question to ask is: would he be considered for the job if he wasn't a former Juve player?
I don't think he will be considered. Not even close.

The question i have to ask is: Would he be considered if he just made it to Serie A ? I mean if didn't as good as he did with Bari?

Within Serie A, Spalletti, Gasperini, Prandelli and Mazzarri are all less of a gamble than Conte.

Even someone like Zenga would be a safer option.
Exactly, there are numerous candidates that are not as risky as Antonio is atm.

The other question is to how far of the top do you think we are as a team? Just to put it in context, if we are far away then a coach like Conte could be justified as we need to radically change this team ( whether that change reaches the majority of the players, that is yet to be seen).

Or we are not that far away, and we just need minor changes to upgrade some sections of the team, then it is far from justified even remotely considering a guy like Conte or Ferrara.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I think our board is inspired by the Barca success.
Probably.

Foolish, though.

Exactly, there are numerous candidates that are not as risky as Antonio is atm.

The other question is to how far of the top do you think we are as a team? Just to put it in context, if we are far away then a coach like Conte could be justified as we need to radically change this team ( whether that change reaches the majority of the players, that is yet to be seen).

Or we are not that far away, and we just need minor changes to upgrade some sections of the team, then it is far from justified even remotely considering a guy like Conte or Ferrara.
I don't think we need to do anything drastic.

May 21, 2009
Hmmm
-He is not a proven coach
-He is not a proven winner
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid silly mistakes.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to avoid unnecessary risks.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle world class players.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to create an optimal pre-season training schedule for a competitive team of the highest level
(we might not want to run out of fuel by the end of a full season)
-He doesnt have the necessary exp and tactic proficience to compete with a master tactician, like Mourinho.
-He doesnt have the necessary exp to handle the pressure of a competitive team.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige and exp to handle the media, that usually rage war against us, when we are close to the top.
-He doesnt have the necessary prestige to impose his will to our board and save us from their horrific actions.

Should i go on??
He is definitely a proven winner, come on... You're talking about ANTONIO CONTE.

Of course he doesn't have the necessary experience when he hasn't had a single chance to gain it.

And the thing about prestige, what's up with that? I can assure you that Conte is a prestigious man, and also a man that is truly respected throughout whole of Italy.

And by the way, which other options do we have? Prandelli will most likely stay in Fiorentina while Gasperini has already signed a new contract with Genoa. Spalletti may seem as a considerable choice but he certainly lacks winning mentality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)