Antonio Conte - Manager - Siena (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
If Conte is our coach, then Marotta will be the one building the team. Conte doesn't have enough success and authority to tell the directors which players to buy and succeed in convincing Marotta.
Van Gaal would have been able to do it, Deschamps would have made a clear demand that unlike the last time he was a coach, now he wants more freedom in creating the team. Conte won't and can't do something like that.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
If Conte is our coach, then Marotta will be the one building the team. Conte doesn't have enough success and authority to tell the directors which players to buy and succeed in convincing Marotta.
Van Gaal would have been able to do it, Deschamps would have made a clear demand that unlike the last time he was a coach, now he wants more freedom in creating the team. Conte won't and can't do something like that.
And that's the scary part of it...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, nothing like ending the season on a high note, eh guys???

:sergio:

This just screams of a board of directors who don' t think outside of the box.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
And that's the scary part of it...
It is.
I can't say anything about Conte as a coach. Maybe he does have quality. He might be better than, say, Allegri who just won the scudetto. But even Allegri (if he was still a Cagliari coach now) would have been a bad choice for this Juve because a coach can not do a miracle with a bad team. What we needed was a coach with success behind him and lots of authority. Someone who was gonna literally order Marotta to buy this and that player, not someone who was just gonna say that he plays 4-4-2 and wait for Marotta to buy him some players.
Also, a coach who already coached big teams and great players, a coach that had a success recently, knows which players he needs to be successful with Juve. He'll know exactly which realistic targets to bring to Juve. What can Conte possibly do in this regard? Can he be the reason why some player would choose Juve over Bayern?

Albo

Apr 13, 2009
It is.
I can't say anything about Conte as a coach. Maybe he does have quality. He might be better than, say, Allegri who just won the scudetto. But even Allegri (if he was still a Cagliari coach now) would have been a bad choice for this Juve because a coach can not do a miracle with a bad team. What we needed was a coach with success behind him and lots of authority. Someone who was gonna literally order Marotta to buy this and that player, not someone who was just gonna say that he plays 4-4-2 and wait for Marotta to buy him some players.
Also, a coach who already coached big teams and great players, a coach that had a success recently, knows which players he needs to be successful with Juve. He'll know exactly which realistic targets to bring to Juve. What can Conte possibly do in this regard? Can he be the reason why some player would choose Juve over Bayern?
Good Post :agree:

I don't know Conte as coach , like Alen saied may he can be better than Allegri but problem it's he isn't right man for "this" Juventus .
Juve need great coach who can has success with thouse medicore players wich Juve has .

Only way for Conte to succeed it's to bring him great players like : Bale,Matri,Aguero,Cissokho,VDW .
And great menagment after him : Lippi .

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Van Gaal would rape everyone at this club like the IMF dude, but this time it would be a good thing. Marotta would cry like the Italian sissy he is.

Conte? Who knows, perhaps he could explode at Juventus.

But the only thing I feel exploding is my temper.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
It is.
Yep. I love Conte, but he'd be a Marotta yes man.

That's what he wants though. He cares more about his weird personal fetishes before the club. In some ways I'd beg Secco to come back over this guy.

JuventinMalti

Apr 5, 2006
It is.
I hardly see all that you mention as the epitome of good coaching. Being authoritative may be a good quality, but even that is debatable. Whether players join this club depend on more than the coach's wishes and Marotta's work. What if those players who the coach deem necessary aren't able to come for whatever reason? What then? Another mediocre season? For me, a good coach is one who is able to utilise the resources he has and make a good squad out of that, no matter if they are not his ideal players. Obviously a good coach would also have an eye on the future and the players that would make his job easier and perfect his plan. But having a coach who is able to boss Marotta, hardly says anything about his coaching abilities.

CAPITANO

58 ' SUPER SIC ' 58
Jul 12, 2006
Van Gaal would rape everyone at this club like the IMF dude, but this time it would be a good thing. Marotta would cry like the Italian sissy he is.

Conte? Who knows, perhaps he could explode at Juventus.

But the only thing I feel exploding is my temper.
thats why we wont get someone like Van Gaal, they don't want to be told what to do but do it their own way so they hire pussy managers that they can boss around and when shit goes wrong they wipe their hands clean and blame it all on the coach like what they are doing to Del Neri

the biggest problem at Juve isn't the coach or players but the management and until this changes we will never return

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I'd happily take Conte if that meant that Marotta could just get the fuck out.

Anyway, I think Conte won't be a problem, get him good players and he'd be as good as it gets from the choices we've got cuz we know for sure that Marotta wont bring in anything else but an Italian coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)