Antonio Conte - Manager - Siena (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I don't want a new manager (professional) for so many reasons, most of which having to do with not trusting the board and being afraid that they'll keep him for next year. I can't stand Del Neri and I was literally crying for DN to be sacked in January, but if he's fired tomorrow I want some youth coach with no name and experience to take over. Someone we know won't be our coach next year. I'd hate a new Ferrara case.
Either keep this piece of shit and convince Agnelli to sack both him and Marrota or replace him with someone we'll be sure won't be our next coach.
I have your concerns too, an hour ago I told Jack the same thing, we should get u21 team manager, some assistant manager, hell even Conte, he is one of us, and I think he might take the 3 month offer, but sure there shouldn't be an option to extend the deal.

Enough clowns..

Buy on AliExpress.com

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
And I disagreed with that, as you know.
I disagreed with that view on things, I didn't disagree that what you said might easily be true.

Back then we had a shot for the 4th place and some 14-15 rounds to go, there might have been a chance to do it. Even if it was a 1% chance it should have been taken because to me it was clear that with DN it's a 100% guaranteed failure. I'd have even taken a manager who 99% guaranteed failure, just for that 1% hope.

But now it's way too late, way way too late. I'm indifferent now. They can keep him or fire him, I don't care anymore.
We are desperate financially and coefficient wise for the future. We need to make the EL, not everything is lost yet. With Del Neri on, we won't make the EL spot, now that Palermo and Roma changed blood, the competition is very hard for the EL spot.. We need to hire a new manager. Players are done with Ranieri, they need a fresh air to breathe.

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
We can't bring him fortunately :D

neither him nor Benitez, nor anyone who managed another serie A team this season.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
I don't want a new manager (professional) for so many reasons, most of which having to do with not trusting the board and being afraid that they'll keep him for next year. I can't stand Del Neri and I was literally crying for DN to be sacked in January, but if he's fired tomorrow I want some youth coach with no name and experience to take over. Someone we know won't be our coach next year. I'd hate a new Ferrara case.
Either keep this piece of shit and convince Agnelli to sack both him and Marrota or replace him with someone we'll be sure won't be our next coach.
so do a roma?

Juve_Kosova

★ ★ ★
May 4, 2004
It changes absolutely nothing, unless it's a top coach who we want to keep for next year too. In that case a coach change might become meaningful because the new coach can work with the players we have and know what to change, who to keep, who to sacrifice.
Spot on.. We should only change coach now if it means the one who's coming is staying here for the next season as well..

Van Gaal would be an option right away, he is about to get the sack from Bayern.. Tomorrow..

Nedvěd

What about Delio Rossi for a short time job? Sure he won't do worse than Del Neri.

PhRoZeN

Livin with Mediocre
Mar 29, 2006
A new coach wouldnt be a bad idea, even if he doesnt pick the boys up, he should be seen as a long term option. Not many great long term choices out there but giving one of these guys few months to settle down and get used to the team ready for the next season is a positive thing. Should be used as part of an adapting and for him to prepare for next season, because simply del neri is clueless and out by end of season no matter what (or atleast he should be).

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
not even as caretaker...enough of these mediocre fuking coaches. We need someone who has experience, still shows signs that he can make a team gel and play well and make it towards the top of a league.

No coaches from Italy!

Jul 28, 2002
If 'we' are going to give a coach time why not conte who could be immense as apposed to del nobend who has proven to be a plonker.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I don't think so either. Actually I don't see anything good with Conte bar the fact that he was a legend and kick ass captain but that does not make one a good coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)