Angelo Palombo - CM - Sampdoria (3 Viewers)

Marc

Softcore Juventino
Jul 14, 2006
Palombo is NOT on the same level as Momo, he is CLEARLY inferior, Momo is one of the best DMs/destroyers in the game, Palombo isnt.

Honestly, how fucking pathetic is it that some of you have the memories of hamsters. He suffers from injury and poor from after a long while of playing great for us, and now he is in the same level as frigging Palombo, FFS.

P.S Obviously Melo is also better, but emphasizing the above more for obvious reasons.
Good post man, I don't understand how is Momo suddenly a poor player and a good riddance.

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
May 26, 2009
:thumbs: You are right My Friend ;)

GTFO Palombo :andy2:
:hellyes:
Getting more average players won't do us any good. We saw what happened when we stacked our roster with those type of players, like Tiago, Poulsen and etc. We need to spend the budget on 4-5 players that are above average and are ready to part of the starting 11 once the season start

juvefc_robin

Jun 15, 2003
Woow, you guys hate Palombo and call him average and overrated.....!?!? He was the motor of Samp this season and I would welcome him with very open arms. A central duo of Palombo and Marchisio is (->for me<-) the best option for next season.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
You fail to see the difference of a 4-4-2 and 4-3-1-2 CUG, besides the latter being in a completely dysfunctional form, its also one that didnt suit Momo and required more from hm as it was based around possession footie and him being more offensive. But 4-4-2 DM he is totally natural for, and he was a beast in under Ranieri, litterally fell apart without him when he got injured late years season (it was clear he was masking the teams and Ranieri's fragile state), wasnt no coincidence we started leaking like HELL then. Plus even if passing isnt his forte, he kept it simple and basic then, and didnt make miss passes nearly to the degree he did this season under Zaccheroni (I cant say Ciro as much, because he was injured all the time).

Basically as one of the 2 CMs/DMs Momo > Melo, Poulsen, and yes frigging Candreva too.
I agree he did play well when first joining and playing under ranieri in a similar formation. I hope he returns to that form, stays fit and healthy and makes us a solid midfield again.

OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006
  • Thread Starter #74
    God bless Tuttosport, at least their heart is in the right place...even if their brains aren't.

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
    Aug 6, 2007
    im really fed up of players who are in the twighlight ages,28,29,30.

these players come to us with no future to develop n they only do for 1 or 2 yrs and then fade away and become useless to the club.

Remember Brazzo,Poulsen,grygera,amauri,iaquinta,grosso

The problem in 09-10 season is the accumilation of all these players in our squad led to this disasterous season.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
    Jan 26, 2009
    Palombo is no David Villa; however, I tend to agree with scepticism regarding signing players in their late 20's. Unless they are extremely special or just brought in for squad depth, we shouldn't really consider them.

I don't see squads queuing up for average/mediocre 28-29 year olds.

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002
    The problem is their quality, not their age, despite being a factor. De Ceglie is younger, but his lack of quality is also an issue. Younger players have time to improve, but just because you are younger, it doesnt mean you will.

We bought Nedved, Thuram, Cannavaro when they were that age, and they were awesome for us. As said obviously enough, its about quality.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)