Angelo Palombo - CM - Sampdoria (1 Viewer)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I really don't see Palombo and Sissoko as comparable.

This, to me, means that you aren't so much comparing the standard of player as you are making a choice of the style of play you prefer.

Poulsen and Melo could be compared to Palombo far more reasonably.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
Its very frustrating watching momo give the ball away over and over again but fuck its exciting watching him chase down and crush the other teams players! I dont think its worth keeping him though just for this unless he can learn how to pass better.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Marchisio is not better then Momo at all quite the opposite (overall impact, not just being the more neat passer etc),. Marchisio in general needs to show more, he merely been solid most of the time, but also alot of average performances which he doesnt get scrutinized for whatsoever (for example he sucked against Parma, but I didnt read any mention of it etc).

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Marchisio is not better then Momo at all quite the opposite (overall impact, not just being the more neat passer etc),. Marchisio in general needs to show more, he merely been solid most of the time, but also alot of average performances which he doesnt get scrutinized for whatsoever (for example he sucked against Parma, but I didnt read any mention of it etc).
:rolleyes: Marchisio is the king.. he is the best, Never doubt the future Capitano, you are criticice one of few Juventus players who did good this year

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Thats sarcasm right? I like Marchisio (been following bit more closely then most since his debute), but defenitely needs to show alot more then just being solid mostly, to warrant the exaggerated praise.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Thats sarcasm right? I like Marchisio (been following bit more closely then most since his debute), but defenitely needs to show alot more then just being solid mostly, to warrant the exaggerated praise.
He mix solid matches with worldclass matches.. perfect, I can agree that he can be better, Marchisio can be the best thats why.. I believe that everybody has followed Marchisio since serie B, but some wanted Paro to start loool,, i screamed for Marchisio. Saw him in our primavera team and was amazed, he fucked Romas primavera up, everybode talked about Rosi back then, Marchisio was eating him, same with Masiello he was so hyped back then, but Criscitio was much better in the matches I saw

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Very rarely does he have world class matches at all, he is dynamic as player, but quite unpolished and the impact he usually has not nearly enough. Plays more of as role player then someone who truly delivers in a significant way consistently. So yeah its mainly been solid/decent performances mixed with really good games (examples being Genoa away this season, Milan home last season etc). But he still needs to show ALOT more and prove himself, if he is to be remotely close to the plaudits you heap on him.

And when I mean follow him more then others, I dont mean being excited over his potential and so on, but following virtually every single Empoli game I could get hold of, and 90% of Azzurrini games for 2 years (even if the main reason was Giovinco, him also quite a bit), defenitely followed him quite closely before he became a set player for us, and generally suprised me, mainly for maturity and and versatility, but in overall he is rather subdued as a player, doesnt really stand out enough.

Fellas

Farsopoli
Jun 13, 2005
Very rarely does he have world class matches at all, he is dynamic as player, but quite unpolished and the impact he usually has not nearly enough. Plays more of as role player then someone who truly delivers in a significant. So yeah its mainly been solid/decent performances mixed with really good games (examples being Genoa away this season, Milan home last season etc). But he still needs to show ALOT more and prove himself, if he is to be remotely close to the plaudits you heap on him.

And when I mean follow him more then others, I dont mean being excited over his potential and so on, but following virtually every single Empoli game I could get hold of, and 90% of Azzurrini games for 2 years (even if the main reason was Giovinco, him also quite a bit), defenitely followed him quite closely before he became a set player for us, and generally suprised me, mainly for maturity and and versatility, but in overall he is rather subdued as a player, doesnt really stand out enough.
I can agree that he could stand out more in some matches, but I feel that he is one few players who amost every match does his job, It's not easy to play in this Juventus. Marchisio is one of maby 3-4 players who do it good. The rest do it bad or ok at best, It will be fun to see Marchisio when Juve actually begin to play real footboll, I hope Del Neri will make us play with a idea

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
I'm not judging him for this Juve, overall opinion of him needing to improve has been the same for couple of years, he usually does his job, thats why I said he is mainly consistently solid. But one can expect more, and we should, because he has shown signs of it. But not consistent enough to warrant for the praise you and others give him. Its too soon for sure. But yeah he is one of the few really good things about this club lately.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)