Angelo Ogbonna - CB - Torino (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We have some pretty good depth already. Adding Sorensen instead of Ogbonna wouldn't kill us. Adding Jovetic & Sorensen instead of just Ogbonna would do the team more good. Much more good.

Tanuki

Jul 9, 2013
Bring back Sorensen for a fraction of the cost of Ogbonna. Let's be honest here...how often is he really going to play anyways?
Hello, first post. Been following for a while. Just wanted to comment on the Sørensen deal, that he expressed no interest in returning to Juve this season, hoping he could continue with Bologna, where he would get more playing time (too lazy to find the source sorry but I think it was FI or some danish site). I´d prefer this solution also, as regular playing time would mean he´d mature faster. I got my hopes up for this kid.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Hello, first post. Been following for a while. Just wanted to comment on the Sørensen deal, that he expressed no interest in returning to Juve this season, hoping he could continue with Bologna, where he would get more playing time (too lazy to find the source sorry but I think it was FI or some danish site). I´d prefer this solution also, as regular playing time would mean he´d mature faster. I got my hopes up for this kid.
Welcome to the forums. :coffee:

If we could offer him consistent rotation then that could change his mind. Besides, how many games did he actually play in last season for Bologna anyways?

- - - Updated - - -

I think I see 27 apps. I think we could get him in the 20s. :D

Juventino[RUS]

Mar 9, 2006
Because Sørensen is 21 years old. He can't sit on the bench most of the time, he needs too play.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah.
21 years old Sorensen needs to play while 25 years old ogbonna for the bench role is good deal :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

I really can't believe how much people undervalue Caceres in any position. The guy is beastly, his performance in the 2010 WC and 2011 Copa America bordered on the heroic, he proved time and again that he was able to hold his own when the chips are down. Not to mention that his injured his knee in preseason in the stupid Belusconi cup, then suffered another injury mid season before having the car accident, and still managed to put in minutes before season's end.. He'd practically die for club or country, you can't buy that kind of grinta, and grinta aside, besides his average crossing, he's a very competent defender.

Sorensen?
They don't understand that we have a treasure like Caceres, they are crazy

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
We have some pretty good depth already. Adding Sorensen instead of Ogbonna wouldn't kill us. Adding Jovetic & Sorensen instead of just Ogbonna would do the team more good. Much more good.
If we don't pay for Ogbonna it does not mean we will pay for Jovetic. Actually we will never pay for Jovetic what Fiorentina are asking for no matter how much we save and sell with other deals. Forget Jovetic already, you will feel much better come August.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Bring back Sorensen for a fraction of the cost of Ogbonna. Let's be honest here...how often is he really going to play anyways? (Ogbonna that is). Is it worth 13-15m to play as much as Lucio did? I mean its not like our back 3 got rotated all the much anyways last year and who is to say that Conte doesn't revert back to a 4 back line as well?

Bring back Sorensen for peanuts. Fuck off to Ogbonna. Use the money we "were" going to use on the kid and just buy Jovetic.

Ugh.
Quite a lot. You're playing with fire if you keep trotting the same 3 back there match after match, especially considering that these guys have not had a break in well over a year, with their international duties.

Ogbonna is needed. He is absolutely better than what they have right now as a backup, and I don't care if he costs 15 million because A) He could walk into the starting XI on practically every Serie A team right now, and B) It's not our money anyway.

For those who are harping on Sorensen and Caceres and questioning why the money is being spent on Ogbonna, do you really think that Conte and Marotta don't see this? If they thought that Caceres could fill that role, do you really think that they would be pursuing Ogbonna in the first place?

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Not bringing him back at this point when we're in a need of a back up that would get decent amount of playing time doesn't really classifies as something that we're counting on in the future. Sadly.

I think Ogbonna is decent. But now after seeing these numbers I don't like the deal. We could've invested money elsewhere. Sorensen is good enough to take role of 4th CB.
Sorensen isn't good enough (yet?).

I think a key reason for the Ogbonna deal is that he is technically good enough to take Bonucci's role and allow him to be rested.

None of the other defenders who have been spoken about have the technical ability to play that role.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Quite a lot. You're playing with fire if you keep trotting the same 3 back there match after match, especially considering that these guys have not had a break in well over a year, with their international duties.

Ogbonna is needed. He is absolutely better than what they have right now as a backup, and I don't care if he costs 15 million because A) He could walk into the starting XI on practically every Serie A team right now, and B) It's not our money anyway.

For those who are harping on Sorensen and Caceres and questioning why the money is being spent on Ogbonna, do you really think that Conte and Marotta don't see this? If they thought that Caceres could fill that role, do you really think that they would be pursuing Ogbonna in the first place?
Why didnt they invest heavily in a CB last season then?

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
We're better off spending good chunk of cash with a young, quality defender like Ogbonna, then resigning Sorensen back for peanuts.

Imagine one of our defenders gets injured. We're fucked. Our strength from our teams starts from the back, our wall. Caceres is decent/good as a CB. But nothing more. You can tell our backline is a bit more shaky with him there. Anyways, Caceres can really only fill Barzagli's spot. Whereas Ogbonna could fill in any of the 3. Ogbonna is healthy competition for our three CBs as well, Caceres could never take those spots away from them. As for Sorensen, the kid doesn't have what it takes to play at Juventus. Just like Immobile and others, he had more hype than promise. He doesn't have what it takes, especially in the CL.

Depth players:

CB: Ogbonna/Caceres
RWB: Caceres/Padoin
LWB: Peluso/Giaccherini
CM: Giaccherini/Pogba
ST: Giovinco/Vucinic/Matri/Quag

A great bunch of players coming off the bench.

Also, at this point in time Jovetic would be a luxury. We already have Tevez with Giovinco or Vucinic coming off the bench for him in the case of any injury/exhaustion.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Point is there are less expensive stable options out there that would allow us to invest further.

UNLESS he is the last buy then it makes sense.

Jul 20, 2012
Point is there are less expensive stable options out there that would allow us to invest further.

UNLESS he is the last buy then it makes sense.
Well Marotta has secured 2 options in the striker department and has secured us now a very good cb option. The only place needed is a lwb or a lb depending on the formation. All that is left is selling. So I dont see why people are so upset with the price. Marotta has started this mercato alot faster then others and that gives the club time to sell off the deadwood

- - - Updated - - -

Italian CB: Ogbonna, Astori, Ranocchia

For me its better Ogbonna than Ranocchia,
If they fail to sign him, im afraid we will end up with Ranocchia23
Astori and Ranocchia are complete shit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)