Anelka Linked to Juve (1 Viewer)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
:agree:

Faster, stronger, better finisher. Anelka's a great player and I would've welcomed him here with open arms but I guess Ranieri and Secco preferred Iaquinta.

Time for this thread to get the padlock.
i think they preferred Iaquinta because he probably wouldnt need adapting time..and he was far cheaper than Anelka was..Iaquinta will turn out to be a bargain believe me.

hardly....Cassano is a better dribbler and has a better passing range
defenitly not a better dribbler...your right about his passing range though.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Considering his price, overall abilities and current form, this is highly unlikely...
correct me if i'm wrong here but wasnt he bought for just 11 Million Euros??

If that is right..then IMO he will turn out to be a bargain..Considering the fact that he scores 14-16 goals every season..then his overall abilities are good..he's already scored two goals even though he hasnt started yet in the serie a.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Anelka is not coming to Turin so lets find someone else, we need more depth in midfield and especially in defence Buffon is being exposed too easily.
ya more depth on the wings is needed..i for one cant seem to think of anyone who will play in Nedveds place should he get injured or something..most probably brazzo,right??

A CB might be needed too..even though i think Chiellini can do a job there if neccessary

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't see how 11m for a mediocre player could possibly be a bargain. The only thing that impresses me about Iaquinta is his pace and strength.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
I don't see how 11m for a mediocre player could possibly be a bargain. The only thing that impresses me about Iaquinta is his pace and strength.
but he's been scoring 14+ goals every season for Udinese in what is allegedly the hardest league to score in.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
That was in a smaller team where the majority of the chances came his way.
i'm pretty sure he'll score at least 12 goals for Juve this season in the serie a alone..He's a player i'd love to have coming off the bench to be honest.

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
but he's been scoring 14+ goals every season for Udinese in what is allegedly the hardest league to score in.
Fred, Iaquinta has never been prolific scorer. I watched Iaquinta way back in 2000. I am actually surprised he made it this far, because I thought his career was destined for Serie B or bottom feeder of Serie A at best. Anyway, here is Iaquinta's scoring record last five years

2006-07 Udinese ITA A 30 14
2005-06 Udinese ITA A 24 9
2004-05 Udinese ITA A 31 13
2003-04 Udinese ITA A 29 11
2002-03 Udinese ITA A 26 7

I excluded his early days, since that isnt much indicative of Vicenzo's current ability. But, if I include that statistics then his strike ratio is something like 3.5 game to 1 goal, which is pretty poor for any standards. And he has never broken 2 to1 ratio, which IMO is the minimum bar for anyone who can considered as goal-getter.

For the record, I don't think Serie A is most difficult league to score. Because as sateeh correctly pointed out, Serie A has more goals than La Liga or EPL. Whilst I think upper part of Serie A teams are slightely better than either league, their minnows are far below in standards compared to England or Spain. In either case, Serie A's quality isnt sufficiently strong enough to say, any goal difference can be explained in terms of differences in quality like one can do to Liegue 1, which is hardest league to score statistically. So yes, Serie A isnt the hardest league to score, as EPL isnt most attacking league in the world. They are myths.

But I am not too disappointed on Iaquinta. He bring something different to the strikers we have. Sure, I think if we are in CL, we need player of stronger quality to be our third striker, but for a time being, he adds strength and pace to the team. More importantly, he can take up large workload from David and Ale, keeping both legs fresh, and complementing their game. Best bargain, I am not too sure, but I think he can offer something to the team. Of course, I wouldnt have bought him for the amount, but that is different story.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Iaquinta is a good workhorse late in games, that's how Lippi used him in the WC and that's how we should use him. If Ranieri thinks he can rely on Iaquinta to get us goals and threaten defences we're in trouble.

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Fred, Iaquinta has never been prolific scorer. I watched Iaquinta way back in 2000. I am actually surprised he made it this far, because I thought his career was destined for Serie B or bottom feeder of Serie A at best. Anyway, here is Iaquinta's scoring record last five years

2006-07 Udinese ITA A 30 14
2005-06 Udinese ITA A 24 9
2004-05 Udinese ITA A 31 13
2003-04 Udinese ITA A 29 11
2002-03 Udinese ITA A 26 7

I excluded his early days, since that isnt much indicative of Vicenzo's current ability. But, if I include that statistics then his strike ratio is something like 3.5 game to 1 goal, which is pretty poor for any standards. And he has never broken 2 to1 ratio, which IMO is the minimum bar for anyone who can considered as goal-getter.

For the record, I don't think Serie A is most difficult league to score. Because as sateeh correctly pointed out, Serie A has more goals than La Liga or EPL. Whilst I think upper part of Serie A teams are slightely better than either league, their minnows are far below in standards compared to England or Spain. In either case, Serie A's quality isnt sufficiently strong enough to say, any goal difference can be explained in terms of differences in quality like one can do to Liegue 1, which is hardest league to score statistically. So yes, Serie A isnt the hardest league to score, as EPL isnt most attacking league in the world. They are myths.

But I am not too disappointed on Iaquinta. He bring something different to the strikers we have. Sure, I think if we are in CL, we need player of stronger quality to be our third striker, but for a time being, he adds strength and pace to the team. More importantly, he can take up large workload from David and Ale, keeping both legs fresh, and complementing their game. Best bargain, I am not too sure, but I think he can offer something to the team. Of course, I wouldnt have bought him for the amount, but that is different story.
thanks for clearing that up..really needed those stats..

but i still think he will prove to be a good sub..and i'm sure he'll score a fair amount of goals by the end of the season

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
Iaquinta is a good workhorse late in games, that's how Lippi used him in the WC and that's how we should use him. If Ranieri thinks he can rely on Iaquinta to get us goals and threaten defences we're in trouble.
i do agree with that to some extent..i also dont think he should be relied on for goals..but when things are difficult and a goal is needed i think he's a good option to have coming off the bench..anyway i think we should postpone this to the end of the season..

Jun-hide

Dec 16, 2002
thanks for clearing that up..really needed those stats..

but i still think he will prove to be a good sub..and i'm sure he'll score a fair amount of goals by the end of the season
I couldnt agree more. I think Iaquinta will be useful player for the team. Well, I wouldnt have paid such a large sum for him, as I feel paying extra premium would have gotten us far better player, but then Iaquinta was quite obvious, and easy summer transfer target, so for a young rookie GM like Secco, I can understand his position. But honestly, I am surprised that Arsenal fan says Juve got a bargain of the summer. As much as I hate Arsenal, any kid Arsene buys will have more chance to become better player than Iaquinta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)